iBasso DX80 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here
Nov 30, 2015 at 10:44 PM Post #166 of 1,489

Yes I did factory reset.
The APE is playing, but I found what's the problem.
If pick APE song from "Directory", it seems fine.
If pick song from "All music", sometimes APE can play, then if play forward or backward to other APE, system will hang;
sometimes pick APE in "All music", system hang, need to do force shutdown.
(there are over 1000 songs in "All music")

Auto-Power-Off seems ok, system not shutdown while playing.
However if playing APE while screen off, system hang, need to do force shutdown.

Sounds like the problem is related to APE,
for mp3 flac and dsf seems fine.
Keep testing.

We have tried every form of APE and they all work except insane mode. Also try a rescan of the card after the initial card.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Nov 30, 2015 at 11:08 PM Post #168 of 1,489
  is that true the pop noise can't be fixed by fw 
confused_face.gif
  or I should give a attenuator to all my low impedance cans, 

on one particular track, I experienced 3 big 'pop', it's so big that I thought my IEM would be damaged by it.  tried another IEM, same pop.  also tried playing the same track via my phone, no pop at all.
this issue definitely needs to be fixed, as the pop is so loud that it will damage the earphone or even our ears.

Dec 1, 2015 at 12:49 AM Post #169 of 1,489

on one particular track, I experienced 3 big 'pop', it's so big that I thought my IEM would be damaged by it.  tried another IEM, same pop.  also tried playing the same track via my phone, no pop at all.
this issue definitely needs to be fixed, as the pop is so loud that it will damage the earphone or even our ears.

Please email us at service@ibasso.com with this issue.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Dec 1, 2015 at 3:02 AM Post #170 of 1,489

I have tried mine with in-ear headphone plugged before power on,
"pop" is not so obvious, just a little low frequency low volume pop, still acceptable in mine.

Dec 1, 2015 at 3:15 AM Post #171 of 1,489

We have tried every form of APE and they all work except insane mode. Also try a rescan of the card after the initial card.

In playing music other than APE is fine, Auto-Power-Off won't trigger and no system hang.

I only have one music in APE;
let say now playing some MP3s, current track finished, then play next song is which APE, system hang~
If pick APE music in "All music", high possibility get system hang~
Pick music file in other format in "All music", no system hang encountered.

I have done system reset after update to 1.1.4, and media re-scan afterward.
SD1 is Transcend 32GB Class10 UHS-I 1 card, format in FAT32.
I have enabled Gap-less, maybe it is the cause.

Hope that you can find the glitch and looking forward to the new firmware.
More people using it, more problems would be found, keeping you busy!

Dec 1, 2015 at 6:43 PM Post #172 of 1,489
Hello everybody, just trying to update to the latest firmware. I've tried the procedure several times but always aborts. The UI says: Can not found firmware image or invalid image. Installation aborted.
I have a sd card formatted in exfat in which there is only the .img file. I have followed the instruction scrupulously without success. Tried 5-6 times, even downloaded the firmware twice. I am on a Macbook machine.
Any suggestion?

Dec 1, 2015 at 6:54 PM Post #173 of 1,489
Format the SD Card as FAT32 - which can only be done if the card is 32GB (I think) or smaller. Then the upgrade will work. Though you might try the the card in each slot.

Dec 1, 2015 at 7:41 PM Post #175 of 1,489
I'd bet that they're the same, but 128 is too big for FAT32, so that's the problem. I ended up buying a 16GB for $6 just to do the upgrade.

Dec 1, 2015 at 8:06 PM Post #176 of 1,489
Fat32 will work with 64GB card. I am running that with no issues.

Dec 1, 2015 at 10:28 PM Post #177 of 1,489
I am using a 200 GB card formatted as FAT32

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Dec 1, 2015 at 11:13 PM Post #179 of 1,489
I use the 200gb card formatted as it came without issue on 1.1.4. It is almost full except for a couple of gbs. 

Dec 1, 2015 at 11:27 PM Post #180 of 1,489
I guess this(Pop Noise while track moving to next one) is issue for all Dx80 user who use external DAC with Dx80. I know 3 guys who use Dx80 with external DAC system and they are using Dx80 Digital out (SPDIF or Digital Coaxial out). Unfortunately, they have same issue.
Hope it will be fixed next FW if it is not. My case, I am listening music in my car very loudly , so POP Nosie is very annoying (it has along with sound volume)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back