iBasso DX50 Review
Jun 10, 2014 at 8:37 PM Post #61 of 81

Thanks for the link.  If you don't mind me asking where did you order your DX50 from?  iBasso themselves?  I wonder how fast is the shipping if you order thru them?

There is this reseller on Amazon who has it for maybe a few bucks less than Amazon price.

I was originally planning to get an AKG headphone but with Grado rolling out their new updated headphones + I always wanted to walk outside jaming on the RS2i = I'll order this instead tomorrow.

I ordered it from Amazon (sold by emusic enterprise):

http://www.amazon.com/iBasso-DX50-Mastering-Authorized-Distributor/dp/B00J6RVQJM/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1402446763&sr=1-1&keywords=ibasso+dx50

Jun 11, 2014 at 5:06 PM Post #63 of 81

Saw that!  Will order it in the morning!

Nice!!! 
beerchug.gif

A little Ultrasone love for the DX50 today:

Jun 11, 2014 at 10:16 PM Post #64 of 81

Nice!!! 
beerchug.gif

A little Ultrasone love for the DX50 today:

Looks great.  I ordered my today.  I hope it will be good enough for the Grados.  I don't mind coloration with my sound so I guess I'll get the FW up to 1.2.8 and leave it be.  I just want to walk out in the wild with the RS2is on.  Got more Grados where that came from. :wink: 

Jun 13, 2014 at 3:08 AM Post #65 of 81

Looks great.  I ordered my today.  I hope it will be good enough for the Grados.  I don't mind coloration with my sound so I guess I'll get the FW up to 1.2.8 and leave it be.  I just want to walk out in the wild with the RS2is on.  Got more Grados where that came from. :wink:

Thanks!

Mine came with FW 1.2.8.

Jun 13, 2014 at 11:34 AM Post #67 of 81
HI Mark,

I read review you had written about IBasso and also Hisoundaudio.

May I ask you to choose one DAP like one really would want to go on with (300$ max) and ear phones along with them?

I am primarily into Classical rock, alternate or lil bit of daftpunk etc. 

Thanks a ton

Jun 14, 2014 at 9:07 AM Post #68 of 81
hmmmmmm i presume thats US$ so what would i go with?  gun to head i'll say X3 and RE-400.  however..........that im working on the assumption you own nothing already as otherwise id much rather skew the budget towards the IEM than the DAP.  it also doesnt take into account your preferences.  nor does it include how youll use the DAP or if you want the DAC functionality which greatly boosts the X3 in my opinion if your coming from having nothing.

IEM wise i might swap the 400 for a DN-900 or GR07 but again its all coming from a position without your personal preferences.

i have also ignored the likely hood that anything you get will be temporary untill you next upgrade.  that makes a huge difference to what id recommend, then id be saying put way more money into the IEM's first getting a cheap DAP that youll upgrade later.

so, more info required really.  what have you got, what have you heard, what did you like, what didnt you and how soon are you going to be upgrading again?

Jun 17, 2014 at 12:06 PM Post #69 of 81
  From here for example: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-shipping-MP3-player-Silicone-Case-for-ibasso-Mini-Audio-DX50/1470353819.html

some compare pics: http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/general-merchandise-bazaar-261/wts-brand-new-mini-audio-silicon-case-dx50-dx90-4691769.html

Just type Mini audio silicon DX50 into google and there are lot of places where to buy from. I bought it from eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Silicone-Case-For-iBasso-DX50-DX90-Music-Player-Headphone-Amplifier-/121342509077?pt=US_MP3_Player_Cases_Covers_Skins&var=&hash=item1c4093c015

I also bought exchange battery with larger capacity (3250mAh): http://www.ebay.com/itm/371070745466?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

and external charger for comfort (charging during other is in use): http://www.ebay.com/itm/External-Battery-Charger-USB-Cable-Dock-Cradle-for-Samsung-Galaxy-S3-i9300-/131204001494?pt=UK_MobilePhones_MobilePhoneAccessories_MobilePhoneChargers&hash=item1e8c5e2ed6

Just received those accessories for my incoming DX50. Mini Audio silicone cover is really a quality one. It is thicker and has better molding/edge quality, smoother corners and front buttons layout is without those raised edges which I personally don`t like. Also that battery and charger are great. Recommended accessories for DX50 by me 
wink.gif

Jun 17, 2014 at 4:36 PM Post #70 of 81
  Just received those accessories for my incoming DX50. Mini Audio silicone cover is really a quality one. It is thicker and has better molding/edge quality, smoother corners and front buttons layout is without those raised edges which I personally don`t like. Also that battery and charger are great. Recommended accessories for DX50 by me 
wink.gif

Great stuff CoiL.  Thanks!!!

Going to give bigbargainonline a shout.  Have purchased many items through the years and always top notch service!!

Jul 16, 2014 at 4:15 AM Post #71 of 81
I don`t know if reviewer mark2410 [color=#000000]has tested[/color] custom firmwares with DX50 but I recommend to try Sound Unlocked 1.2.3 by Dmitry @ lossless only mode with irr bandwidth off/on + DF filter slow roll-off - quite amazing sound for DAP, didn`t expect such good sound. Wasn`t expecting competition to my modified Aune T1.

Jul 21, 2014 at 7:20 AM Post #73 of 81
When You get a chance, try it. Or soon-to-come Sound Unlocked new version. I`m running 1.2.4beta @ FLAC-only mode atm and it`s the best sounding FW yet. And irr on/off option really gives another option to choose between more analytical sound and large airy soundstage "tubey" sound with more depth towards front. At least that`s what I have found out testing different options and FW with my all of my cans.

Dec 27, 2014 at 12:46 AM Post #75 of 81
I am a bit of a newbie in the whole audiophile world but I have a question, I am looking to make a portable rig but I'm battling whenever I should choose between a device only used for audio purposes or buy a dac/amp for my note 4. So, I'm battling between buying either the Fiio x3 or ibasso dx50 or buying a jds labs c5d for my note 4 to use via otg as a dac/amp. My current headphones are Shure se215 soon to be upgraded, ath m50 and coming soon the dt990 pro 250ohm. Excuse my English skills and thanks in advance for any help. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back