iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Dec 17, 2023 at 11:31 AM Post #14,521 of 14,596
Hello everybody
I’m considering getting a DX300.
I’m interested in getting the vacuum tube card.
Does anybody have experience with this combination?
Does it worth it?
Currently I have the Cayin N3pro and the N7.
Also which Iem are you guys using with this unit?
Thanks
For me, it is well worth it. I have all but the Amp14 card, and with them all it makes for (almost) a completely different DAP with the simple change out of an amp card. The SUPER competitive price for the DX300 made it one of the best value propositions that you could get when it was still in production. This is comparing to other TOTL DAPs in the market with similar qualities/specs. I find iBasso gear, in general, to be well under what the going rate of equivalent equipment is going for. Just my opinion though, and YMMV.

I use quite a few sets on mine, but my favorite IEM is still the iBasso IT-07 with this DAP (with all the amp cards; Amp13 for its musicality, and Amp12 for its technical chops). My favorite headphones for the tube amp card is the Sennheiser HD700. My favorite flathead earbud for Amp 12 is the Yinman 2.0 600 (600ohm set). But in fairness, I don't have any sets that I can't find a "right" setup for with this DAP.

20210701_154653 (2).jpg
20220616_194422.jpg
20220707_231419.jpg

Dec 17, 2023 at 12:31 PM Post #14,522 of 14,596
For me, it is well worth it. I have all but the Amp14 card, and with them all it makes for (almost) a completely different DAP with the simple change out of an amp card. The SUPER competitive price for the DX300 made it one of the best value propositions that you could get when it was still in production. This is comparing to other TOTL DAPs in the market with similar qualities/specs. I find iBasso gear, in general, to be well under what the going rate of equivalent equipment is going for. Just my opinion though, and YMMV.

I use quite a few sets on mine, but my favorite IEM is still the iBasso IT-07 with this DAP (with all the amp cards; Amp13 for its musicality, and Amp12 for its technical chops). My favorite headphones for the tube amp card is the Sennheiser HD700. My favorite flathead earbud for Amp 12 is the Yinman 2.0 600 (600ohm set). But in fairness, I don't have any sets that I can't find a "right" setup for with this DAP.

I have heard and compared to a number of very expensive IEMs, which doesn't mean expensive IEMs sound good, which all too often they don't. But the IT07 have excellent depth and with well recorded music and a good player, they get the music out of my head and in front of me, which is a very enjoyable experience when listening. I like AMP13 and 14.

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2024 at 10:00 AM Post #14,524 of 14,596
Hello
I have two questions
1. I want to use my ibasso dx300 with my active speakers that only have single ended Cinch inputs. I mostly like to use dx300 with amp13 and want to know is it possible and good quality to use the headphone output with my speakers. Or should I use amp12 with adapter or amp11 mk2 for that purpose with their dedicated line outs. It means that I have to swap the modules every time hmm.
2. Another question is with which module do I get the most reference like sound. I own amp11 mk2 amp12 and 13 and concerning amp11mk2s or amp14 for that. I don't like anp11mk2 and prefer amp12 a lot more.
Maybe someone can help me
Thanks in advance
Jonathan

Jan 12, 2024 at 10:44 AM Post #14,526 of 14,596
Hello
I have two questions
1. I want to use my ibasso dx300 with my active speakers that only have single ended Cinch inputs. I mostly like to use dx300 with amp13 and want to know is it possible and good quality to use the headphone output with my speakers. Or should I use amp12 with adapter or amp11 mk2 for that purpose with their dedicated line outs. It means that I have to swap the modules every time hmm.
2. Another question is with which module do I get the most reference like sound. I own amp11 mk2 amp12 and 13 and concerning amp11mk2s or amp14 for that. I don't like anp11mk2 and prefer amp12 a lot more.
Maybe someone can help me
Thanks in advance
Jonathan
Amp 12 is definitely the more reference sound imo

Jan 12, 2024 at 10:46 AM Post #14,528 of 14,596
Definitely, I have an EX and the treble resolution is just incredible

Jan 12, 2024 at 11:37 AM Post #14,529 of 14,596
Also an AMP12 modded user here, EXN variant. I keep the original AMP11 mk1 as backup only.

Don't feel the need or SQ justification to ditch my DX312EXN. I still love using it

as stand alone on the go with
- my favorite iems, which need the excellent Toneboosters pEQ in UAPP to dial down bass to the exact level I need
- my DCA Æon 2 Noire, which is driven quite well enough in high gain even though these HPs are very demanding
- my Composer, beautiful pairing

...or at home as streamer via USB-C or digital coax to my Pro iFi combo

...or as a streamer / very competent DAC via balanced line out to my Flux Lab FA-10 Limited

Sure, excellent SQ players keep coming out frantically since the DX300 release, but trying them thanks to my friends in the hobby didn't jeopardize my trusty 300 yet, however expensive they may be.

I'm good. 🥰

Jan 12, 2024 at 3:55 PM Post #14,530 of 14,596
Thanks for the replies I am also good with my amp12 modded by np audio but I don't know which version. I bought it used. So no need to upgrade/sidegrade with amp14. Maybe later.
I like amp13 for some inears but with overear headphones amp12 is fantastic.
Does somebody know a good 4,4mm to 3,5mm adapter because my desktop pre amp only has rca cinch inputs

Have a nice weekend you all
Cheers Jonathan

Jan 13, 2024 at 12:32 PM Post #14,531 of 14,596
Thanks for the replies I am also good with my amp12 modded by np audio but I don't know which version. I bought it used. So no need to upgrade/sidegrade with amp14. Maybe later.
I like amp13 for some inears but with overear headphones amp12 is fantastic.
Does somebody know a good 4,4mm to 3,5mm adapter because my desktop pre amp only has rca cinch inputs

Have a nice weekend you all
Cheers Jonathan
I am assuming you are wanting to come out of the 4.4mm balanced connection of the Amp12 card? But in case you are not, and just want to adapt from 3.5mm connector from the source (DX300) to 4.4mm, I really like this one. But, if you are going from Amp12 (4.4mm balanced) to your RCA (SE), there are less options, and not always reliable....

You can get hold Paul - iBasso to order the special (reliable) adapter needed for this. You can also find them all over the net, but most of the cheap ones are NOT wired correctly and will damage your DX300. It is a crap shoot as to whether they are wired correctly or not (even if they say that they are, I have seen those having issues with this). Unless it is wired especially for this purpose, you normally would want to stay away from these adapters because going from balanced to SE would normally be shorting grounds in the circuit.

Feb 3, 2024 at 11:04 AM Post #14,532 of 14,596
Hi,

does anyone do a repair with his DX300?
Mine have problems with the button next to the volume wheel.
It does function after pressing it a few times (5 - 7).

Feb 3, 2024 at 12:03 PM Post #14,533 of 14,596
Mine will also have to get repaired. After a fall, the volume wheel on/off contactor stayed activated, rebooting the device in loop.

I tried pulling on the wheel to straighten the axis and unclench it, which worked for a while... until the dap fell again from a pocket I thought was closed. :confounded:

Now it's necessary to have it fixed. I'll share the experience here.

Feb 3, 2024 at 1:21 PM Post #14,534 of 14,596
Mine will also have to get repaired. After a fall, the volume wheel on/off contactor stayed activated, rebooting the device in loop.

I tried pulling on the wheel to straighten the axis and unclench it, which worked for a while... until the dap fell again from a pocket I thought was closed. :confounded:

Now it's necessary to have it fixed. I'll share the experience here.
Oh damm.
Do you know if they have a repair center in Europe?

Feb 3, 2024 at 2:25 PM Post #14,535 of 14,596

Users who are viewing this thread

Back