iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Sep 24, 2020 at 2:09 AM Post #61 of 14,612
Sep 24, 2020 at 1:05 PM Post #64 of 14,612
Nice, here is hoping for a reasonable price. Same price as is currently for the DX200 would work for me.

Sep 24, 2020 at 1:07 PM Post #65 of 14,612
iBasso always had reasonable prices, but I think it will be higher than DX2xx

Sep 25, 2020 at 4:06 PM Post #69 of 14,612
What should I do with DX220 MAX? Hasn’t gone thru a proper break-in yet!

Sep 25, 2020 at 6:21 PM Post #71 of 14,612
Sep 26, 2020 at 5:01 AM Post #72 of 14,612
The exterior case design looks somewhat boring. I'm expecting strong SQ though.

Sep 26, 2020 at 5:13 AM Post #73 of 14,612
Es9038Pro has higher dynamic range, not just higher output. The one that is pin compatible to previous ESS is the 9028Pro. It is a drop in replacement for any ES9018S and is able to get upto 133Db Dynamic range

The 9038Pro is of it own, which has it own pins and can not be compatible to any previous one, with upto 140Db Dynamic range.

Yet, people always debate. So, they say anything beyond 120Db dynamic range is useless as it exceeded human range. There is also a debate about microphones dynamic range that is only capable to capture upto 75Db. So virtually saying that anything beyond this is useless. However, the competitions are fierce. The AK4499EQ is the answer from AKM toward ES9038Pro, which came out almost 1 year later. That means ESS is still leading, and there are demands for such! Anyways, a good tech company is a company that keeps on improving their products.

In the end, it is the implementations that is important.

PS: regarding the amp modules. There still are people who don’t prefer Amp8. But the reality is that .... it isn’t easy to outperform any Discrete amplifications. This stands true for desktop and portables alike. Remember, Ibasso was the first one to create and produce Portable discrete Amplifications, and that is Dx200 with Amp8.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2020 at 9:26 AM Post #74 of 14,612
Not around much nowadays but this is interesting! I to agree about the amp modules...bit of a cash cow in my opinion and also not a shrewd move for a company.
As the previous poster said in the end people only want the best which leaves purchasers with amp modules there not going to use and manufacturers with stock they can't sell, never been a fan.

The "best" is subjective. The AMP9 can stand toe to toe with the AMP8. I freely switch between the two a lot and I have a modded AMP8, even still the AMP9 stands on it's own.
What's best for SE? AMP9 or AMP7?

Being able to switch amp units is something I love about Ibasso and miss on the Max. Max AMP9 would sound amazing.

Sep 26, 2020 at 10:57 AM Post #75 of 14,612
The "best" is subjective. The AMP9 can stand toe to toe with the AMP8. I freely switch between the two a lot and I have a modded AMP8, even still the AMP9 stands on it's own.
What's best for SE? AMP9 or AMP7?

Being able to switch amp units is something I love about Ibasso and miss on the Max. Max AMP9 would sound amazing.
Amp9 is an excellent amp module. It doesn’t even need any modifications to be worthy. I tried and experimented with different tuning, balancing, and applying Extreme Modifications in different tweaks, and it still sounds the best as a compromises and balances as stock modules

The only negativities is that it is Single ended only, and it can be quiet “hissy” with very high demanding and or sensitive gears (ears buds or headphones) all the same.
It has low volume output, but the power it is pushing is very capable.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back