iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Sep 23, 2020 at 5:41 PM Post #46 of 14,605
A91B89ED-6692-4110-94E6-3CCC75300BD0.jpeg

Musin is Japans iBasso distributor.

Keep in mind this is heresay/rumors/whispers

but it would make sense to do an updated all in one DX160 style in a DX200/220 sized shell with Max/Amp8EX tuning.

The modules have shown clearly what people want (the most popular ones). So no need to continue that?

Hopefully there will be a DX320 for module users also.

Sep 23, 2020 at 7:40 PM Post #49 of 14,605
Whatever it is I am hyped for sure.

One of the biggest complaints about anything IBasso is their speed/UI, this will address that.

Sound wise I think everyone has faith in what they’re capable of.
+1
In addition to speed/UI, I’m hoping they keep the same general form factor as the 220 so it is truly portable.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2020 at 8:42 PM Post #50 of 14,605
What I hope to see:

- I hope they will stay with ESS chips.
- I hope they implement the separated analogue and digital batteries also with DX300 just like with MAX (it does not have to be big, DTR-1 does it in a very small package). And I suspect it might happen due to this post about a month ago on Facebook:
1600883493509.png
- I hope they integrate their application with the rest of the system in a better way. iBasso software is really bad in the current generation of players. System generic settings should be done outside the application and unused stuff should be removed.
-It might be end of an era for custom iBasso firmware. Also I don't think it will be needed, if they manage to implement it properly.

The chart you posted is for DC03, not for DX300.

Sep 23, 2020 at 9:22 PM Post #54 of 14,605
Sep 23, 2020 at 9:37 PM Post #55 of 14,605
That is pretty crazy...considering that it draws the power from the phones or PC itself. Was there any mentioning about which used to power it ?

If that was true , then I can’t imagine what DX300 may bring

> Was there any mentioning about which used to power it ?
No, that seems not to be disclosed. It is just said "Ultra-low noise floor: <0.9µV" on the spec sheet.

Sep 23, 2020 at 10:51 PM Post #56 of 14,605
It seems AMP module won't work with DX300. Guess I'll stick with DX220+AMP9 until I see new DAP with Nutube but not from Cayin. That company is dead for me.

Sep 23, 2020 at 10:56 PM Post #57 of 14,605
Interesting and exciting news for sure. I, like many of you, am a long time iBasso supporter and fan - ever since the DX50 came out back in 2013 I have enjoyed the ride and upgraded along the way. Dang, has it been 7 years?

I hope iBasso addresses a few key areas of the UI that make searching, selecting, and navigating to your music frustrating - mainly a quick jump forward/back with alphabetical pop-up on the right side of the screen when one starts to scroll down/up, screen position retention going into and out of all menus and across off/on cycles, artist listings by album or all tracks, and lastly a search capability native in the Mango player or whatever music player they might release with the DX300. These have been long requested in the DX220 threads and still not addressed.

Still hoping for a FW update to address these in the DX220 but certainly not holding my breath there.

Come on iBasso - put as much into your software as you do your hardware please.

Regards,
Tim

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2020 at 1:33 AM Post #58 of 14,605
A91B89ED-6692-4110-94E6-3CCC75300BD0.jpeg

Musin is Japans iBasso distributor.

Keep in mind this is heresay/rumors/whispers

but it would make sense to do an updated all in one DX160 style in a DX200/220 sized shell with Max/Amp8EX tuning.

The modules have shown clearly what people want (the most popular ones). So no need to continue that?

Hopefully there will be a DX320 for module users also.
Not around much nowadays but this is interesting! I to agree about the amp modules...bit of a cash cow in my opinion and also not a shrewd move for a company.
As the previous poster said in the end people only want the best which leaves purchasers with amp modules there not going to use and manufacturers with stock they can't sell, never been a fan.
I would also like to see ibasso concentrate on build and quality control a little more, big fan of dx160 audio but the Bluetooth on a lot of units is virtually unusable and some of the parts a bit cheap and flimsy (example volume wheel).
Audio is Stellar on the 160 though and ibasso imo probably are making some of the best audio.
Come on ibasso get it right and you will slay it!

Sep 24, 2020 at 2:07 AM Post #60 of 14,605
- Currently using Hiby R8, which uses the same SoC, I can say that it is as good as a mobile phone. Everything, speed, UI, BT, WIFI.

- I think it is good to get rid of the module design. In the end, we experienced it with MAX that one and only one proper amplifier design is all you need. It is very seldom that people stayed with the stock module and those that didn't, went mostly for the AMP8.

- The ES9038PRO is being brought up constantly without a logical reasoning behind. I hope they don't do that mistake, as it is not something that would bring anything extra to the table in such a cramped space called the DAP. ES9028PRO is more than enough. This is not a desktop device and it has been mentioned several times by manufaturers (even Benchmark, which is a desktop DAC manufacturer went for 9028 rather than 9038) that there are bigger problems to tackle due to the very high output current of 9038 and those very high SNR values are anyway cannot be achieved so easily - which is anyway way above what a DAP can achieve. As far as I understand, ES9038PRO is a ES9028PRO with four times the output stages. It does no being any new algorithms or anything else to the table. So, no need or use for it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back