iBasso DX220Max ****************** New FW! 1.01 for download! 1st Page.
Jul 21, 2019 at 5:14 AM Post #16 of 3,626
If they keep the same underpowered cpu, it's a fail, imo. Please be a snapdragon 425, or exynos. It's time to move off the rockchip cpus

Yes, there plenty of solid midrange or higher chips and something of this expense doesn't deserve a UI that suffers from a poor CPU choice.

Jul 21, 2019 at 8:38 AM Post #19 of 3,626
Following this new development with *great* interest :D

Every time I think iBasso have made a knockout product (IT01, IT04, DX220 etc) and they should be able relax and enjoy their success for a while, I find out they're working on something even more astonishing :sweat_smile:

Jul 21, 2019 at 5:02 PM Post #21 of 3,626
I hope this larger unit means revival of dx100 tonality. The new ibasso has the design right, but the old dx100 sounded more engaging. But there are many amp modules that I haven’t tested.

I couldn’t care less a or dual NuTube amp, I rather get a solid discrete amp.

Jul 21, 2019 at 9:14 PM Post #22 of 3,626
I hope this larger unit means revival of dx100 tonality. The new ibasso has the design right, but the old dx100 sounded more engaging. But there are many amp modules that I haven’t tested.

I couldn’t care less a or dual NuTube amp, I rather get a solid discrete amp.
Solid discrete amp would be Amp8. The Amp9 maybe what you are seeking for musicality and timbre density ?

Though I am glad that Ibasso is going with the MAX! Very affordable, and obviously aiming toward Kann Cube at higher pricing. The only differences is that the CUBE uses ES9038Pro X 2 while the MAX is still using ES9028Pro X 2. The build and component quality , implementations will be at plays here, and ultimately the sound performances. None the less, all thanks to Sony for being bold and having DMP-Z1 to create it own market.

Jul 22, 2019 at 2:32 AM Post #23 of 3,626
Solid discrete amp would be Amp8. The Amp9 maybe what you are seeking for musicality and timbre density ?

Though I am glad that Ibasso is going with the MAX! Very affordable, and obviously aiming toward Kann Cube at higher pricing. The only differences is that the CUBE uses ES9038Pro X 2 while the MAX is still using ES9028Pro X 2. The build and component quality , implementations will be at plays here, and ultimately the sound performances. None the less, all thanks to Sony for being bold and having DMP-Z1 to create it own market.
I have been very interested in the DMP-Z1 because it feels like a clean and simple all-in-one desktop solution (my OCD approves), but it is just way too expensive for me. The Cube and Max present really interesting and much more affordable alternatives, so I can only cheer on iBasso for going in this direction. Will be good to see more details on the Max in the coming time.

Jul 22, 2019 at 10:21 AM Post #25 of 3,626
Omg what a marvelous idea great solution for true high end music!

Ibasso you got my 100% attention when does it come out?

Will we have the nutube inside as well?

Jul 22, 2019 at 6:14 PM Post #26 of 3,626

I know that next to dmp-z1 everything seems to be affordable but 2000$ is a bit steep. Even Kann Cube from least affordable dap brand costs 1500$.

Jul 22, 2019 at 7:59 PM Post #27 of 3,626
I know that next to dmp-z1 everything seems to be affordable but 2000$ is a bit steep. Even Kann Cube from least affordable dap brand costs 1500$.
It depends on the build quality of the components inside and how dedicated they are aimed toward sound reproductions too. Also what house sound they are being tuned to whom preferences that it would be. We can’t simply keep on the low pricing and asking for a ground breaking product. The DMP is a ground breaking product but it doesn’t have an affordable price for sure. We can’t be paying a Corolla pricing for a Bugatti .... :), and still Bugatti isnt an end all and be all for people who are into those hobby.

I am just damn glad that the market is opening up for Headphones users

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2019 at 8:53 PM Post #28 of 3,626

Given iBasso's track record of affordability I would suspect that the Max has (ahem) Maximum value for the dollar.

It is expensive no doubt, but I'm sure the cost represents the quality of components chosen for the highest caliber of sound. I think we can trust this rather than any kind of inflation for empty profiteering.

So, though it's steep the price doesn't exasperate me but excites me to see what the engineers have come up with.

This is just a little more than the cost of the DX200/220 special editions, but looks to be a major jump in sonic ability. We've never seem what iBasso can do when they open up the throttle like this....

Jul 22, 2019 at 9:07 PM Post #29 of 3,626
I think ibasso have big plans for us all.
If dx220max dont come with ntube....
Then ibasso is also probably working on a standalone amp unit which is an ntube balanced with 4.4 output and input to match with dx220max!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back