iBasso DX100 Reference DAP - ES9018 inside
Jan 19, 2012 at 11:20 AM Post #1,756 of 2,799
All the iBasso amps and dac can be charged and used at the same time. 

Jan 19, 2012 at 11:28 AM Post #1,757 of 2,799

Quote:

Also the warranty, 1 year and 10 years free labor. Interesting. 

The 1 year warranty is free warranty for everything. After the 1 year warranty, iBasso will still provide service but they would charge the basic part cost.

Jan 19, 2012 at 11:33 AM Post #1,758 of 2,799

Quote:
All the iBasso amps and dac can be charged and used at the same time. 

I'm sorry you are correct, what I meant to say is: My D10 cobra still runs on battery even if it is plugged in and charging. I don't know if this has any adverse effects or not, and I generally try to avoid it. 

I'm sure the DX100 can be used with something like a Trent battery pack attached. Like I said though, if you are stacking DX100 + battery pack, you might as well stack DAP + separate amp. 

Looks like my Sony X series will stay in service for a while longer.

Jan 19, 2012 at 12:54 PM Post #1,759 of 2,799
To anyone re-reading this thread,

earlier on, I posted an impulsive 'rant' right here, in this box, reflecting my disappointment with the battery life of iBasso's DX100 DAP.

I had intended it, somewhat mischievously at the time, as a 'cat-among-the-pigeons' post, to stimulate debate.
Thus, I was being 50% serious (my disappointment is genuine) and 50% mischievous. On the mischievous side of the equation, I did word it in a deliberately outlandish manner, which I assumed people would realise was me just playing 'cat-among-the-pigeons'.

However, reading it back, some hours later, I realise it sounded completely serious and thus rather obnoxious in tone - not my original intention at all.

Therefore, whilst my genuine disappointment over the DX100's claimed 7 hour battery life very much remains, I wish to openly and sincerely apologise to iBasso and the good folks here on Head-Fi for any offence I may have caused.

I very much like what the DX100 appears to offer, and if only someone can find a solution to extend the battery life of the DX100 on-the-go (with some kind of external battery, or battery-powered charger etc.), my interest in the DX100 as a potential personal purchase will be very much re-ignited. To that end, I welcome (in fact I'd be grateful for) PM contact from anyone who happens to know of such a solution.

Many thanks.

Jan 19, 2012 at 1:24 PM Post #1,762 of 2,799
One small note , the Ibasso Dx100 is un-pocketable, its very similar to 801 in size.

Jan 19, 2012 at 1:24 PM Post #1,763 of 2,799
Funny. Suddenly everbody is an electronics expert here ... why don't you go and design one at 10 times the battery, half the size and 200 USD? :) I seriously doubt the iBasso people would crap it up, if the solution was something as trivial as a slightly bigger battery. It's also their first such device. I bet most here already started designing DX100 sized devices in their mothers womb and basically had it all figured out at 5, but out of sheer oddity, forgot about it and didn't become billionaires by selling THE device.

But I do wonder: How long does a typical (iBasso) amp like a D12 etc run on its battery?

Jan 19, 2012 at 1:36 PM Post #1,764 of 2,799
[size=medium]Are you gona listen to it for 12 hours straight?  I mean seriously humor me here, are you gona be on your feet walking for 12 hours straight? There isn’t a place for you to charge it in between those 12 hours while it's playing? People are already saying it’s too expensive and a bigger battery wouldn’t increase its performance from an audiophile point of view but it would increase its price. if you plan on listening to it for 12 hours then I’m pretty sure you wouldn’t care about quality of music. Just switch to your iphone or phone and work while you hear music on background.  [/size]

[size=medium]It’s a great dap with an awesome UL and an amazing amp. So I’ll enjoy it for 7 hours and will charge it every time I want. [size=medium]If you’re so worried about battery life then just get an external battery or a portable charger.  Come on Mython, it's a good dap. Please don't try to tell me I bought a crapy dap.[/size][/size]

Jan 19, 2012 at 1:41 PM Post #1,766 of 2,799
At this juncture I would mention the superb sounding and diminutive Altmann Tera-Player with over 15 hours of playback time. But I won't as it only supports WAV, has no GUI and is phenomenally expensive.

atsmile.gif

Jan 19, 2012 at 1:42 PM Post #1,767 of 2,799

Quote:
Funny. Suddenly everbody is an electronics expert here ... why don't you go and design one at 10 times the battery, half the size and 200 USD? :) I seriously doubt the iBasso people would crap it up, if the solution was something as trivial as a slightly bigger battery. It's also their first such device. I bet most here already started designing DX100 sized devices in their mothers womb and basically had it all figured out at 5, but out of sheer oddity, forgot about it and didn't become billionaires by selling THE device.

But I do wonder: How long does a typical (iBasso) amp like a D12 etc run on its battery?

An Amp/Dac combination is a different story, because you do not have the processor and the display...

(I did not meant voon by the next sentences)
Even though I will and cannot buy the DX100 (low on money), the DX100 bashing piss me off. To understand, that you cannot have much battery life with this device you only need to reed a few pages at wikipedia and datasheets! Until you do not carry around a truck battery you cannot expect that much of battery life.

Please do not bash it further, since the DX100 is IMO a piece of art!

Jan 19, 2012 at 1:43 PM Post #1,768 of 2,799
Mischa we've still yet to receive our units so lets save the hype on good audio quality when they arrive in our hands. I of course believe you but you as they say "you never know until you try it" lol :)

Quote:
[size=medium]Are you gona listen to it for 12 hours straight?  I mean seriously humor me here, are you gona be on your feet walking for 12 hours straight? There isn’t a place for you to charge it in between those 12 hours while it's playing? People are already saying it’s too expensive and a bigger battery wouldn’t increase its performance from an audiophile point of view but it would increase its price. if you plan on listening to it for 12 hours then I’m pretty sure you wouldn’t care about quality of music. Just switch to your iphone or phone and work while you hear music on background.  [/size]

[size=medium]It’s a great dap with an awesome UL and an amazing amp. So I’ll enjoy it for 7 hours and will charge it every time I want. [size=medium]If you’re so worried about battery life then just get an external battery or a portable charger.  Come on Mython, it's a good dap. Please don't try to tell me I bought a crapy dap.[/size][/size]

Jan 19, 2012 at 1:44 PM Post #1,769 of 2,799

I'm just curious to see how large this thing is. Everyone says it won't fit into a pocket. Is it that big of a trouser snake?
evil_smiley.gif

Quote:
An Amp/Dac combination is a different story, because you do not have the processor and the display...

Even though I will and cannot buy the DX100 (low on money), the DX100 bashing piss me off. To understand, that you cannot have much battery life with this device you only need to reed a few pages at wikipedia and datasheets! Until you do not carry around a truck battery you cannot expect that much of battery life.

Pease do not bash it further, since the DX100 is IMO a piece of art!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back