iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Oct 28, 2017 at 7:10 PM Post #13,457 of 13,503
For you guys considering a DX100 battery replacement I sent mine from the UK to Ibasso and they charged me $47 for the battery and postage. For me that is more than reasonable and the improvement in battery life and more important speed of operation is fantastic.

Nov 23, 2017 at 4:00 PM Post #13,460 of 13,503
ZIP file tagged as containing a virus and /or malware. When opened the zip contains a windows executable - no .img file. Suspicious?

IMG-0079.jpg IMG-0075.JPG

Downloaded it and first impressions are very good, i would say it has brought a bit of life into the old dog,quicker and 128gb card loaded a lot quicker, not time to have a good listen but my DX100 always sounds the biz!! This rom is free but I think I may be tempted to pay for the advanced. Oh and couldnt get the batch tool to work on my mac so just loaded the file straight into the internal memory.

Nov 23, 2017 at 4:14 PM Post #13,461 of 13,503
Interesting but any explanation for why Malware bytes and Avast block the webpage and the download.
(Foolishly?) blocking these protections allows the download but the zip file contains only a windows executable, which again is seen as a virus.
I would like to try this but my experience is worrying - unlike yours, cattlethief! Can you help?

Nov 23, 2017 at 5:38 PM Post #13,462 of 13,503
Interesting but any explanation for why Malware bytes and Avast block the webpage and the download.
(Foolishly?) blocking these protections allows the download but the zip file contains only a windows executable, which again is seen as a virus.
I would like to try this but my experience is worrying - unlike yours, cattlethief! Can you help?
just downloaded the file on my windows 10 laptop double clicked it and it opened no problem,I only have free security sw.
If you try and open the image file it will say it is corrupted or it is not recognised,so download ,open and transfer.

Nov 23, 2017 at 5:41 PM Post #13,464 of 13,503

Downloaded it and first impressions are very good, i would say it has brought a bit of life into the old dog,quicker and 128gb card loaded a lot quicker, not time to have a good listen but my DX100 always sounds the biz!! This rom is free but I think I may be tempted to pay for the advanced. Oh and couldnt get the batch tool to work on my mac so just loaded the file straight into the internal memory.
Re-installed poweramp and spotify and there is a definite improvement although apart from those two it will remain clutter free.

Dec 19, 2017 at 4:47 AM Post #13,468 of 13,503

Thank you for sharing this update. I could hardly contain my excitement when I saw there was a Purist ROM out for the DX100 / R10. In my personal experience, I only have good things to say about Fidelizer ROMs. I have put it on, let's see, my FiiO X5 iii, Cayin i5, DX90 and DX50 and I always end up preferring it over anything else. Fidelizer saved my DX50 from being sold, it was that good. I have downloaded this and will put it in a demo DX100... somehow I feel I am going to be floored by what it does to the DX100. Thanks again for sharing this update!

Dec 26, 2017 at 3:56 PM Post #13,469 of 13,503
Hi. I recently aquired the Denon 7100 ( not to well liked on this forum) however I'm finding it sounds good with the DX100. One area I have concerns about is the treble, violin can sound a bit ear piercing on high notes. I was wondering if anybody could advise me of any EQ tweeks that might help address this. I'm a total novice when it comes to EQ so any help would be appriciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back