iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Apr 20, 2016 at 10:00 PM Post #13,358 of 13,503
That's weird. Have you done a factory reset after installation? The media scan will run by not the full scan. I only have music in the external SD only no music onboard

Yes I factory reset after each fw install. What do you mean by " not the full scan". It's really frustrating as sometimes it just doesn't stop scanning even after hours. I will never buy ibasso again. Ive had issues with all my ibasso daps. Just ordered a Questyle so hopefully that's endgame for me.

Apr 21, 2016 at 9:47 AM Post #13,359 of 13,503
Mine would still do the SD prepare thing. But the media scanning will not run every boot. The first media scan takes 30mins after that it will no longer scan.

I agree Ibasso fw is frustrating. Requires to clean out the tags etc. For the sound, quite happy.

Congratulations on the QP1R. That thing is also on my radar

Apr 26, 2016 at 5:46 PM Post #13,360 of 13,503
  DX100 belt and travel cases that work very well and are extremely well made. The cost of each is 15 dollars. I found the travel case at Best Buy here in the US and the belt case at REI but the belt case can be bought on line from the manufacture at 1 dollar cheaper. The belt hook on the belt case rotates with extremely positive stops and is incredibly strong. 

I am looking for a case for my DX100.
Which holster model did you use / does fit DX100?
https://www.niteize.com/product/Clip-Case-Cargo-Mobile-Device-Holsters.asp

May 19, 2016 at 2:41 AM Post #13,361 of 13,503
  Ok, I've done this so nobody else has to.  Don't try this at home.  I put a few scratches on my DX100 doing it, although it had a few to begin with.  Aluminum and magnesium cases may seem "tough" but in actuality they scratch and gouge just about as readily as anything else.  

To take apart the DX100...

I did it! Thanks a lot for the walkthrough. First time I opened a portable device. It wasn't that hard. Took me ~ 1 hour, slow and thoughtfully. The hardest part was to take out one of the screws that was rotating empty due to the defective thread (don't know how to say it better). The case came out quite easily.

If anyone thinks to replace the battery, it's considerably more convenient to order the battery and do replacement yourself, rather than shipping to ibasso and waiting 1-2 months. Cost is $25 + $7 for a screw set from ebay.

Jun 2, 2016 at 1:02 PM Post #13,365 of 13,503
Hi there,

I'm looking at a used DX100 atm and was wondering: what's the max concerning micro sd cards that it will accept?
On the iBasso site it says 32gb and the seller told me that it doesn't accept 128gb => does it at least take 64gb cards?

Thanks in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back