iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Mar 19, 2015 at 7:36 PM Post #13,021 of 13,503
Thanks. Will try. What are the differences in SQ between those two FW?

Sound Explosion is a combination of Optima (all the tuning features ) + Clear sound ( those he tuned the sound)
Optima is those firmware he keeps the stock sound but optimize UI, system ...etc
Clear sound : he modified for each of them
Sound explosion v1, v2 , v3, v4 .each of them has different sound tuning.

I'm on 1.2.7 stock FW. I consider it as giving spacious and neutral sound with slight warmth. Would clear sound Russian FW give spacious, and neutral SQ without this warmth?

yes, it is

Mar 20, 2015 at 7:53 AM Post #13,023 of 13,503

All of that would weigh a lot. But we do listen to suggestions.

I know many people will disagree with me, but I do not really care about the size of my DAP since I carry it only from room to rooms or in the garden under the patio 
wink.gif

So, for me, my ideal DAP will be: 

1. up to 1000 grammes is OK  (big battery)
  2. +6 "  OLED screen
  3. 1 To SSD + 1 USB port for USB Stick
  4. UBER DAC (R2R ? :wink:
  5. Balanced Headphone AMP with 1/4 SE jack and XLR balanced (discrete or... tube ? :)
  6. Line-out & Digital-Out
  7. Wifi + Android based for TIDAL & QOBUZ

Indeed, I  would be willing to go with a larger player if it meant better sound quality. Again for me the two priorities are 1) sound quality and 2) storage space (and a pleasant UI), not the "pocketability"

and.... I know what you think : 
deadhorse.gif

Mar 20, 2015 at 10:09 AM Post #13,024 of 13,503

Sound Explosion is a combination of Optima (all the tuning features ) + Clear sound ( those he tuned the sound)
Optima is those firmware he keeps the stock sound but optimize UI, system ...etc
Clear sound : he modified for each of them
Sound explosion v1, v2 , v3, v4 .each of them has different sound tuning.

yes, it is

I suggest you do a listening test for yourself, it's hard to describe sound characteristics of each firmware, they are very interesting. I can only know that V3 is good for metal genre and V2 is for jazz, blue with more bass and little muddy, v-iem is too bright btw

Apr 1, 2015 at 6:37 PM Post #13,026 of 13,503
Good day

Im considering this battery pack / charger , for which my DX100 and my RSA SR71B wil be 2 of a few devices i want to use it for

http://www.powerstream.com/dc-tips.htm

My concerns are a few

1. How can i suss what the tip is on my DX100m and my RSA to assure from the provided tips that my devices will work with it ?

2. Im also in advance wondering what the concerns and settings may be for voltage/power settings . Ways to be cautious i dont damage my devices

Thanks

Apr 1, 2015 at 11:49 PM Post #13,027 of 13,503
Hello guys, this portable player has caught my eye in a sense that it can play full sized headphones like LCDs and Hifimans as well as IEMs. Being that it is discontinued, will there be continual support from Ibasso? And if so do you guys know or have a hunch for how long?

Also what are the going rates for a DX100 used? I presume there is nowhere to get it new now, but even so it'll be out of my price range new of course. Thanks for the info!

Apr 2, 2015 at 1:55 AM Post #13,028 of 13,503
Good day

Im considering this battery pack / charger , for which my DX100 and my RSA SR71B wil be 2 of a few devices i want to use it for

http://www.powerstream.com/dc-tips.htm

My concerns are a few

1. How can i suss what the tip is on my DX100m and my RSA to assure from the provided tips that my devices will work with it ?

2. Im also in advance wondering what the concerns and settings may be for voltage/power settings . Ways to be cautious i dont damage my devices

Thanks

Hi, tip size for the dx is at th bottom of this post

http://www.head-fi.org/t/592076/ibasso-dx100-24-bit-for-bit-pg-1-reviews-impressions-downloads-video-new-firmware-1-4-2/12285#post_10056064

Not sure about your rsa though. Just be sure you match the polarity and thr voltage, both or which will be noted on your current wall-warts.

Apr 2, 2015 at 9:31 AM Post #13,029 of 13,503
  Hello guys, this portable player has caught my eye in a sense that it can play full sized headphones like LCDs and Hifimans as well as IEMs. Being that it is discontinued, will there be continual support from Ibasso? And if so do you guys know or have a hunch for how long?

Also what are the going rates for a DX100 used? I presume there is nowhere to get it new now, but even so it'll be out of my price range new of course. Thanks for the info!

Not sure if the Hibino version is still sold or not....that may be an option.  Otherwise I see used DX100's for $400-600 depending on condition and desperation of the buyer.  I love mine and it is still the best sounding DAP I've heard.

Don't expect much for firmware any more, but the latest firmware iterations are "good enough" and ibasso has said that replacement batteries are still available for sale. 

Apr 6, 2015 at 9:41 PM Post #13,030 of 13,503

Not sure if the Hibino version is still sold or not....that may be an option.  Otherwise I see used DX100's for $400-600 depending on condition and desperation of the buyer.  I love mine and it is still the best sounding DAP I've heard.

Don't expect much for firmware any more, but the latest firmware iterations are "good enough" and ibasso has said that replacement batteries are still available for sale. 

Thanks for the reply! I was watching one on the classifieds and the seller dropped his/her price to $389 and poof, gone. Oh well, probably better for my wallet.

What is Hibino, a different player or..?

Apr 6, 2015 at 10:05 PM Post #13,031 of 13,503

Thanks for the reply! I was watching one on the classifieds and the seller dropped his/her price to $389 and poof, gone. Oh well, probably better for my wallet.

What is Hibino, a different player or..?

Hibino HDP R10 is DX100 japanese version. Utilizing different op-amp ..etc especially battery improved and voltage modified according to Japan safety law. Technically speaking, it's improved version in other ways...

Apr 9, 2015 at 8:42 AM Post #13,032 of 13,503
Still no rumors about the succesor of the DX100 ?   From the lack of infos, it  looks like it is not even in the pipeline 
mad.gif

Apr 23, 2015 at 9:00 AM Post #13,035 of 13,503

Also what are the going rates for a DX100 used?

IBasso fixed mine a month ago , turnaround was a week! That's shipping to China from the UK , diagnosis and repair and return. The WiFi and battery were replaced. Total cost £60. And I'm the 2nd owner but they honoured the warranty card which is a 5 year one. I had to pay for the battery of course. So hope that answers your concerns.
I kid you not, this DAP will run an HD800, and IE800 and a Klipsch X11i at the same time! 
The going rates for a used I'm not sure; I'm also not sure whether there are better DAPs out there for your money. Sorry if I offended anyone with that, I just don't want TheBaconSound to be short changed. I'm quite happy with mine and have no wish to change but there are 100 new kids on the block which I've not listened to. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back