iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Feb 23, 2012 at 10:12 AM Post #1,231 of 13,503

Thats a bit broken English, I think they meant Fat32, not Sat32...but still very good news to have some form of confirmation. Seeing as the DX100 is going to be my birthday present to myself, i might pick a 64GB card up a month or two after I get the DX100, maybe their might be a slight price decrease
Quote:
I apologize if this information has been posted
from Thai website :  they directly asked about the use of  64 GM microSD card
Here is the answer :If you format the micro SD card in SAT32 format. It works in the DX100.
Yes, the external USB drive need energy to power it. The power consumption depends on the power consumption of your USB device.
Gapless function : It is not ready yet.
The internal battery is user replaceable.
The DX100 can not work as standalone DAC even we change the firmware.

Feb 23, 2012 at 10:31 AM Post #1,232 of 13,503
All 64GB cards are XC, SC stops at 32GB. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=64gb+sd&x=0&y=0

As I stated in the post you're quoting, 64 GB MICRO cards are only currently made by sandisk, I suspect others are just fake, if you find them on sites like eBay. Once they appear from other makers on sites like Amazon, the prices will fall, and they'll be just as good.

If I remember correctly Kingmax also makes these 64 GB Micro SDXC cards and there have been quite a few failures regarding them, especially from android phone users. Take it with a grain of salt if you will and waste your money if you want. Turokrocks also confirmed quality control issues with the other brand himself.

Feb 23, 2012 at 10:34 AM Post #1,233 of 13,503
All 64GB cards are XC, SC stops at 32GB. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=64gb+sd&x=0&y=0

As I stated in the post you're quoting, 64 GB MICRO cards are only currently made by sandisk, I suspect others are just fake, if you find them on sites like eBay. Once they appear from other makers on sites like Amazon, the prices will fall, and they'll be just as good.

Hahahaha, I see a Lexar Media Micro SDXC 128g card for $180.00 in the link above, anyone dare to try first? If so, we'll crown you with the title "the king of the DX100" for being the only 192g DX100 on the planet earth. Joking aside, does anyone know if it is a legitimate card. Lexar is a name brand. I am just surprise to see it came out before Sandisk.

Feb 23, 2012 at 10:39 AM Post #1,234 of 13,503

Quote:
Hahahaha, I see a Lexar Media Micro SDXC 128g card for $180.00 in the link above, anyone dare to try first? If so, we'll crown you with the title "the king of the DX100" for being the only 192g DX100 on the planet earth. Joking aside, does anyone know if it is a legitimate card. Lexar is a name brand. I am just surprise to see it came out before Sandisk.

Those are the normal sdxc.

It will be an epic moment should anyone buy it for the DX100 =DD

Feb 23, 2012 at 10:42 AM Post #1,235 of 13,503
Well, that was a three seconds of excitement for me, but I went back and try to buy it and I realise that it is the SDXC card not the Micro SDXC card. So much for trying to crown myself.

Feb 23, 2012 at 12:55 PM Post #1,236 of 13,503

Quote:
Well, that was a three seconds of excitement for me, but I went back and try to buy it and I realise that it is the SDXC card not the Micro SDXC card. So much for trying to crown myself.

Did you pre-order as well Jalo? Thought you were passing on the ibasso?

Feb 23, 2012 at 1:56 PM Post #1,238 of 13,503
Yep, I jumped in head and feet and no backing out.  I have a beautiful leather case, a beautiful piccolino coax to coax and a piccolino mini to mini all ready to go with the DX100.  I am in the process of getting a 64g micro SD then I'll be all set.  When I have a moment, I'll post some pictures of the accessories.  You are kidding, I won't pass something this special.

Feb 23, 2012 at 2:18 PM Post #1,240 of 13,503

Quote:
I'll be passing on that special 64GB card until prices are sane :wink:. I'm positive it will hit the $60.00 mark eventually.

Come son, join us, the FORCE is with you.

Feb 23, 2012 at 3:30 PM Post #1,242 of 13,503

Quote:
No the force can get me 6 32GB Sandisk SD cards for the price of one 64GB card. Think I'll stick to the "Pah Ke" side of the force :wink:.

No arguing with that logic IMO.

Feb 23, 2012 at 6:31 PM Post #1,243 of 13,503
I have tried to search for the hi resolution  websites so that I will be able to use them with the DX100
(around 20 units preordered in Thailand).  Any more sites and suggestions?  Which sites are good?
•HD Tracks
•Naim Label
•Linn Online
•iTrax
•Music Giants
•High Definition Tape Transfers (Classical)
•Gimell (Classical)
•Magnatune (independents)
•Deutsche Grammophon (Classical, select Catalogue, then Format -> Download FLAC Lossless
   There may be few more sites including Naxos?,  Hifitracks (for Chinese music) etc.

Feb 23, 2012 at 7:07 PM Post #1,244 of 13,503
Here are my accessories, beautiful crystal IC and case.

Feb 23, 2012 at 7:13 PM Post #1,245 of 13,503

Quote:
I have tried to search for the hi resolution  websites so that I will be able to use them with the DX100
(around 20 units preordered in Thailand).  Any more sites and suggestions?  Which sites are good?
•HD Tracks
•Naim Label
•Linn Online
•iTrax
•Music Giants
•High Definition Tape Transfers (Classical)
•Gimell (Classical)
•Magnatune (independents)
•Deutsche Grammophon (Classical, select Catalogue, then Format -> Download FLAC Lossless
   There may be few more sites including Naxos?,  Hifitracks (for Chinese music) etc.

I listen to lots of old school Motown, Philly Soul and such.  There is not much out there in that genre for Hi Rez music. 

Seems that Amazon has quite a selection of tracks to buy...as well as albums (cds??)....

However, this stuff may be wasted on a player like DX100 (not real hi rez)...or maybe not...anyone with opinions?

An unrelated comment....they charged my Paypal $232 on preorder....is the extra $32 for shipping?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back