iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Apr 25, 2013 at 9:24 AM Post #11,446 of 13,503
Quote:
I'm Gumby, dammit.

biggrin.gif

Apr 25, 2013 at 1:15 PM Post #11,447 of 13,503
Quote:
I'm having trouble downloading the latest firmware 1.4.2 from ibasso sight.  I am on a mac.  It starts downloading the file but when its finished its called Update 5 or Update 6 and when i try to open it says file not recognized.

Am i doing something wrong?  has anyone been able to successfully download this update on a mac?

thanks

I have a mac also. When you download and unzip the file it will be named update.img

if you have previous updates in your download folder, it will rename the new ones to update1, update2, update3...etc

I usually move the latest to it's own folder then unzip it or you can rename update6 to update.img but it will overwrite the original thats already in your downloads folder if you have one.

The update file must be named update.img before you copy it to the DX or it won't recognize it.

Apr 25, 2013 at 4:02 PM Post #11,450 of 13,503
It can also vary depending on the amp you are using. With the T1 I found the sound to be most balanced with the T1 clocked at half volume then I use the DX100 variable LO to adjust. Normally around 155 to 165 depending on tracks.

Apr 25, 2013 at 4:26 PM Post #11,451 of 13,503
Quote:
For those of you that use amplifiers with the DX100. How do you keep the volume? Maxed out the DX? Or keep it in middle? Or something else?

I keep the DX100 maxed out and adjust volume on the amps. I have no particular reason for doing it this way however.  I've tried lowering the DX volume a little and adjusting the amp volume, but I can't detect any sonic differences.

Apr 25, 2013 at 5:04 PM Post #11,452 of 13,503
For those of you that use amplifiers with the DX100. How do you keep the volume? Maxed out the DX? Or keep it in middle? Or something else?
I keep the DX100 maxed out and adjust volume on the amps. I have no particular reason for doing it this way however.  I've tried lowering the DX volume a little and adjusting the amp volume, but I can't detect any sonic differences.

Typically running the source output at near max and controlling the volume with the downstream amp is said to result in the best signal to noise ratio. Whether or not this is audible likely depends on the quality of your phones and ears.

Apr 25, 2013 at 9:40 PM Post #11,454 of 13,503
For me it has always been matching the output to input of the amp for the best dynamics without overloading the input......Also one needs to take into account the sweet spot on the amps volume pot
size]

Apr 26, 2013 at 2:07 AM Post #11,455 of 13,503
Firmware upgrade. Two thumbs UP. Very good drive and resolution. The DX has matured very well with this upgrade. The combination of my ESW10 JPN and the DX works very, very well together.  

Apr 26, 2013 at 3:35 AM Post #11,457 of 13,503
Quote:

I tend to keep mine at the level I use for my CIEMs (210 ish, though depends on the track).

I have a memory like a sieve and risk blowing my ears when I go from home to portable as I never remember to adjust back...

Apr 26, 2013 at 4:03 AM Post #11,458 of 13,503
Quote:
Firmware upgrade. Two thumbs UP. Very good drive and resolution. The DX has matured very well with this upgrade. The combination of my ESW10 JPN and the DX works very, very well together.  

updating now, haven't done this for a while, I skipped 1.3.7, I seem to remember it takes a fair old while and lots of patience and a long pause while it reindexes all the music

Apr 26, 2013 at 4:41 AM Post #11,460 of 13,503
Quote:
How's gapless working for you guys on 1.4.2?

For me, comparable with 1.2.7. variable incidence of clicks when set to native (bearable but not really gapless half the time), hopeless when set to 5 seconds (sounds like a scratch mix produced by low grade DJ for a couple of seconds before and after the change) and smooth but incomplete when set to 10 seconds (missing key notes at changeover).

Personally I prefer native...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back