iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Jun 10, 2012 at 4:49 AM Post #6,347 of 13,503
Quote:
You're under 40 & not married are ya :wink:?? Jk, jk
biggrin.gif
!!
I just happened to be playing tour guide duty with friends from overseas today, so checking back on the DX100 in between break times.

I'm 41 no kids single and I drive a freaking bus for a living. I would not make a good early adopter considering by the end of the night most of my patience gets used up on crazy drivers and rude/dumb people. On the plus side I've developed skin as thick as the armor on a rhino's arse

Jun 10, 2012 at 6:05 AM Post #6,348 of 13,503
To all:

Just added some music files to my external sd and inserted, all played from the sd as with the internal memory, but take note that I had to bring my dx100 from death, brick satution after some 6hours of torture.... To scream "it's alive.... It's alive"
OK I removed the sd and the files can still be read from the internal memory
Hope this helps......

Jun 10, 2012 at 6:43 AM Post #6,350 of 13,503
Adding files has screwed things up for me as well. I'm downgrading to 1.1.0 until this is sorted out. 

Jun 10, 2012 at 7:01 AM Post #6,351 of 13,503
I suggest to:
1-reset to factory after installing 1.1
2-check that all songs are detected after reset
3-install 1.1.6
4-restart three times
5-do not reset and check files
6-insert sd
7-if this does not work, then reset in 1.1.6
8-see if the files are detected, by either internal and external memory, if not.......
A-get back to 1.1
B-sell your DX100.... But I really have no idea what and how my dx100 is behaving itself...

Jun 10, 2012 at 7:12 AM Post #6,352 of 13,503
I'm going back to V1.10 for now. Far too much bother.
iBasso please fix this as a matter of urgency. We paid a lot of money for the DX100 and deserve better.

Jun 10, 2012 at 8:46 AM Post #6,353 of 13,503
Quote:
I'm 41 no kids single and I drive a freaking bus for a living. I would not make a good early adopter considering by the end of the night most of my patience gets used up on crazy drivers and rude/dumb people. On the plus side I've developed skin as thick as the armor on a rhino's arse

head-fi gold... quality
bigsmile_face.gif

Jun 10, 2012 at 9:04 AM Post #6,354 of 13,503
Jun 10, 2012 at 11:16 AM Post #6,355 of 13,503
Maybe I'll add to the bugs thread as well...

Firmware 1.1.6 Pros:

-  I agree, the bass does seem fuller than previous firmware.  It sounds OK to me....still too early to be certain.
-  Improper song length and bitrate shown for some mp3's is partially fixed.

Cons:

-  Menus and navigation are VERY buggy and delayed now.  It is almost impossible to scrol through directories
-  Continued or worse hiccups at the end of songs (last 3-4 seconds) when player loads up next track.  This used to happen occasionally...now every song. 
-  Several error messages and music application crashes.  Two have required a reboot to resolve.  On others I can select "wait" for application and it sorts out.
-  The player's reporting of VBR files of high bit rates seem to be capped at 224 kbps.
-  Now, sometimes the volume buttons will wake up the screen...sometimes not.  If I recall, the second 1.1.0 firmware had added the volume buttons as screen wakeup buttons.

Ongoing problem:

-  Added tracks do not show in the player's count.  It appears they need to be searched for and then played to make the player's total count.  Sometimes selecting "play all" in music directory will force the player to "see" the new tracks.  This should occur after the first reboot after adding tracks as the player rebuilds the index. 

Jun 10, 2012 at 1:13 PM Post #6,357 of 13,503
Quote:
Another problem:

Poweramp quits immediately  after start.

My Poweramp doesn't work but then I quit using a few months ago as I don't find any need for it. That isn't a problem for iBasso though, it would require an update from PowerAmp I would guess.  

Jun 10, 2012 at 3:22 PM Post #6,359 of 13,503
Quote:
Can anybody tell me where is the best place to order one of these things (IBasso DX100) ? I live in UK

Thank you!

The are supposed to be available next week from iBasso. Their shipping normally takes 3 or 4 days. 

Jun 10, 2012 at 3:47 PM Post #6,360 of 13,503
Ok, thanks for that, so direct is the only option & ebay ?

Trouble with direct from IBasso is the import Tax/VAT that will add about £200 to the cost! :frowning2:

There is someone on ebay selling them based in Germany so I wouldnt have the above added costs, as it comes from within the EU.

Can anyone advise anything better ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back