iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
May 24, 2012 at 3:15 PM Post #6,122 of 13,503
Quote:
I know the it has been said that the battery lasts between 7 and 9 hrs, I guess this is with headphones attached, Has anyone tried using the line out to an external amp? I am wondering if this will increase battery life. Also I am sure this has been discussed but you can listen and charge at the same time right?

Even more sold now . i was about to ask if i could hook this gem into my home stereo ,but decided to read 1st , and yes i can

Next inquiry would be some quality cables and what type ?

Cheers

May 24, 2012 at 4:38 PM Post #6,126 of 13,503
Quote:
Totally get it. Thank you for the thorough explanation. Unfortunately I picked the wrong time to get into this. Pre order for ibasso + tax refund = hopefully good decisions. I have been on head fi less than 2 weeks and have dropped almost a grand
frown.gif

i hear ya mate

Not sure how long ive been here , not much more than u tho . Since here ive got HD800s ,many moon
audio cables , SR71B , Cypher labs solo , King rex ,still want/need more cabling and now a DX100 . When
will the madness stop lol

May 24, 2012 at 4:40 PM Post #6,127 of 13,503
Quote:

Hmm which one??

Yeah it was something obscure that came out early last year i believe.  It seemed like a transitional product before the spec got the full go ahead and then got revised.  Probably the same thing as sdxc but they just couldn't label it xc yet.  I was surprised to see it.  If I find it I'll let you know.  

May 24, 2012 at 7:14 PM Post #6,130 of 13,503
May 25, 2012 at 12:19 AM Post #6,131 of 13,503
Quote:
I've been thinking precisely the same thing, the past few days!

Yet again, the record companies are back to their same old greedy tricks of ripping-off the honest record-buying public and encouraging piracy as a consequence. They never learn!

They're only charging so much for high-res reissues of old back-catalogue stuff because iTunes haven't yet started offering high-res downloads. "Make hay while the sun (briefly) shines", as they say, but they're shooting themselves in the foot by being so damned greedy.

Is hdtracks not legit ? i dont understand this .

May 25, 2012 at 11:55 AM Post #6,133 of 13,503
I contacted HDtracks and they stated, after i asked if they ever upsampled, edit: that they never upsample. I have read otherwise from other sources but HDtracks states they do not. 

May 25, 2012 at 12:01 PM Post #6,134 of 13,503
Quote:
I contacted HDtracks and they stated, after i asked if they ever upsampled. I have read otherwise from other sources but HDtracks states they do not. 

HDtracks, "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me"......

May 25, 2012 at 12:42 PM Post #6,135 of 13,503
I modified the DX100 with a couple of Black Gate 33uf 16v non polar caps for the low pass filter. They will require some burn in but for me, nothing is better than Black Gate nonpolars. In the signal path, I have even compared them to teflon and copper and oil (in the past) and they are right up there. An amazing cap that is sadly no longer available and it is doubtful anything will surpass their ability to pass a signal or do their wonders in the analog section. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back