iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
May 23, 2012 at 6:06 PM Post #6,107 of 13,503
Knowing my luck though...if this ever happens...

Apologies in advance on being daft

But what is that extra silver connection ? Is this possibly an inside joke us dafties wont get ?

It's a photoshop'd picture. The connector is the one that iBasso uses on its balanced portables - PB-1, PB-2,DB-2. It was indeed just a joke.

May 23, 2012 at 6:29 PM Post #6,108 of 13,503
Quote:
Well that's a new development.  I've been following the spec for more than 3 years and class 10 was supposed to be the bottom limit due to access times/xfer rates for large capacities.  Smacks of trying to market lower performing memory that they would otherwise label sdhc. 

They differentiated sdhc (high capacity) with sdxc (extra capacity) based on capacity alone rather than speed I think.

May 23, 2012 at 6:33 PM Post #6,109 of 13,503
Quote:
They differentiated sdhc (high capacity) with sdxc (extra capacity) based on capacity alone rather than speed I think.

The spec originally tied capacity and speed together, I talked to the reps in person at CES a few years ago.  Probably changed because forcing class 10 or UHS1 on anything 64gb or above would have been had less market success and penetration.  Just a guess.  I don't think you'd enjoy navigating/using 128GB at class 2 let alone 2TB of data.  This is why they even increased the spec to UHS1 requiring an extra pin to handle the higher transfer rates.  This low speed 64gb is purely transitional I'd expect until 128/256gb becomes more prevalent.

May 23, 2012 at 11:39 PM Post #6,111 of 13,503
Quote:
DX100 belt and travel cases that work very well and are extremely well made. The cost of each is 15 dollars. I found the travel case at Best Buy here in the US and the belt case at REI but the belt case can be bought on line from the manufacture at 1 dollar cheaper. The belt hook on the belt case rotates with extremely positive stops and is incredibly strong. 

Click on images to enlarge. 

Thanks mate for that
 Bestbuy here in canada has no idea on this product let alone the cases , also ive never heard of REI . Can you please
maybe give some exact purchase info Ie skus/manufacturers of the cases and model names ?
Cheers

May 23, 2012 at 11:51 PM Post #6,112 of 13,503
Quote:
I wonder if the DX100 could handle more than a 32GB card. If not, if it's only a software block. If it's able to handle more memory than a 32GB card, it may be conceivable to create some type of case with a ribbon cable coming from a plastic SDHC shell that connects to a layer between the case and the DX100 with multiple cards plugged in. It would make it possible to use less expensive cards together and would make the DX100 able to store lots of data, making it much more portable. Even if the DX100 cannot support more than 32GBs SDHC cards, a solution like this with a switch to select which card is being used without having to mess around with a small card would be amazing. 

I hope my idea came through, and if anyone is interested, PM me and if I get enough interest I'll start looking into the parts and work up mockups if it wouldn't cost much to implement. My only concern would be making sure data accuracy was not lost with this process, and that it didn't introduce any issues with playback. This is why I thought it being integrated into a case would be best, to reduce movement of the cable and ensure some type of consistency between different users in how the product would be used. 

One of us is a genius and it aint me :) walking to a dental appt today i had a similar idea of somehow chaining together a number of cards
like a usb multi adapter , but your idea is way more elegant .

May 24, 2012 at 12:00 AM Post #6,113 of 13,503
Quote:
By the same argument, have you questioned the sanity of people who bought iPod classic 160gb, especially when most of them use mp3 128-320kbps formats which amount up to whoknowshowmany hours of music?

LOL im insane in the membrane...i like all my music easily and immediately accessible ,i want it when i want it , and dont
want to go looking for it , copy/rip it ,by then my mood is ruined . I have a 160 , near full ,and i could use more room ,cept
now im prob flogging my 160 real soon . i picture myself with many well organized micro sd cards ,filled with as much music as
possible ,and having these all accessed as one or a simple switch between would be genius . i dont wanna be switchin out tiny
cards all the time, but worse yet i dont want to have to run to my pc for something when a jazz or a black metal or a Johnny cash
urge hits me

May 24, 2012 at 4:40 AM Post #6,114 of 13,503
Quote:
No, there's 64gb sdhc so that invalidates the argument that sdxc is a capacity measure only.

Hmm which one??

I only know that it was specified as follow:

Quote:
LOL im insane in the membrane...i like all my music easily and immediately accessible ,i want it when i want it , and dont
want to go looking for it , copy/rip it ,by then my mood is ruined . I have a 160 , near full ,and i could use more room ,cept
now im prob flogging my 160 real soon . i picture myself with many well organized micro sd cards ,filled with as much music as
possible ,and having these all accessed as one or a simple switch between would be genius . i dont wanna be switchin out tiny
cards all the time, but worse yet i dont want to have to run to my pc for something when a jazz or a black metal or a Johnny cash
urge hits me

Yeah its always nice to have many music on one device. I'm too lazy to even switch sd cards :)

May 24, 2012 at 5:27 AM Post #6,115 of 13,503
May 24, 2012 at 5:52 AM Post #6,116 of 13,503
Quote:

none of the above, none of those are micro-SDXC cards that fit like the one below.  The micro is a tiny little thing much smaller than the larger ones shown  above. The little card is shown in its packaging along side the SCHX adapter which is the same size as those shown above.

See the difference here compared with the above images:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006L7510U/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

You misunderstood my post. I am not asking which SD card works for the DX100. Do read the past few posts.

I am making a reply to Anaxilus' remark that there are 64GB SDHC.

I am asking him where are those 64GB SDHC that support his statement as quoted:

Quote:
No, there's 64gb sdhc so that invalidates the argument that sdxc is a capacity measure only.

As far as I know, sdhc and sdxc are differentiated by capacity only and information out there supports this. If there exists a 64GB SDHC card, it will be interesting to see which is it.

May 24, 2012 at 8:22 AM Post #6,117 of 13,503
{A very handy page!} <-----click me

SDXC Backwards Compatibility Configuration
SDXC memory cards can be used only with SDXC host products.
SDXC host products can use SD, SDHC and SDXC memory cards.
SDHC memory cards can be used with SDHC and SDXC host products.
SDHC host products can use both SD and SDHC memory cards.

Backwards capability is a standard, for example a data format in electronics such as video cameras and computers. A device is backwards compatible if products designed for the new standard can receive, read, view or play older standards and formats.

information_sdxce_img01.gif

​
SDXC
memory card​
SDHC
memory card​
SD
memory card​
SDXC
host products​
YES​
YES​
YES​
SDHC
host products​
NO​
YES​
YES​
SD
host products​
NO​
NO​
YES​

SDXC Memory Cards for PCs

When you use your SDXC memory card with your PC, please confirm if your PC supports exFAT and please download appropriate software.

Overview: SDXC support on Windows OS
information_sdxce_img05.gif

Windows 2000, Me and 98 OS do not support SDXC.

Overview: SDXC support on MacOS
information_sdxce_img06.gif

May 24, 2012 at 12:08 PM Post #6,118 of 13,503
May 24, 2012 at 2:56 PM Post #6,120 of 13,503
Quote:
Can we pay paypal, or they have a store in London? Is that a geniue Sandisk card? What class is it? How fast is the delivery as i am going on holiday tuesday.
Many thanks.

yes they take paypal, I don't think they have any stores and their delivery is not the quickest in the world but it'll be genuine, I've used them for a fair old while with no problems...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back