iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Apr 11, 2012 at 5:21 AM Post #4,396 of 13,503

Quote:
Holy crap getting iTunes playlists in sync on my Mac has been close to impossible. Every single program I've tried has had ONE critical error, each different.

Clementine: Renames the files when it copies them, so I can't just fudge the file paths in exported playlists.
TunesSync: Skips ALAC files (even though they can be played). Almost all the 1000+ files I want to copy are ALAC.
Winamp: Errors on trying to read my iTunes library.
Songbird: Claims my DX100 isn't in USB Mass Storage mode, when it is.

Can you use Media Monkey to bypass itunes? I use to do this for my iphone4 as I hate itunes with a passion. The crappy part is you may have to remake your playlists. You could copy and past the playlist files into specific folder (basically name the folders what you would name your playlist) and use the directory to play these folders as playlists. I do this on my DX100 and it works good (at least using Power Amp). The Stock player has some glitches that need to be worked out still. But you can access your files via the directory on the stock player. Just it skips to other songs on the player and doesn't stay on the current folder selected..

Apr 11, 2012 at 5:33 AM Post #4,397 of 13,503
Apr 11, 2012 at 5:59 AM Post #4,399 of 13,503
just checking, is there a set of headphones you haven't tried the DX100 with  
wink_face.gif

Quote:
Indeed!

Now I'm listening to my HE-6. Out of a DAP.

---And it sounds good! This is a headphone that people are buying an amp like the Dark Star to run, and I'm listening to it out of a DAP with plenty of volume to spare and plenty of headroom.

Apr 11, 2012 at 6:11 AM Post #4,400 of 13,503

Quote:
wink_face.gif

I've only tried it with three headphones so far: the TH900, K1000, and HE-6. The latter two on a whim to see just how powerful this DAP is. Then I tried it with the FAD Piano Forte IX earphones to see how hiss-prone it is.

That it can drive some of the toughest dynamic loads and also drive some of the most sensitive earphones with the faintest audible hiss is really impressive.

Apr 11, 2012 at 6:11 AM Post #4,401 of 13,503

Quote:
I have this charger, I'm still a few miles from my DX100 but I'll post results as soon as I've tried it...

Quote:
Is the Energiser xp8000 12v suitable?
Lots of Meier 2Stepdance users report that this is probably the best portable charger at 8000 Mah storage and good brand name.

Many as I are interested in your finding, please update us.

Apr 11, 2012 at 6:15 AM Post #4,403 of 13,503
and your favourite so far?

Quote:
I've only tried it with three headphones so far: the TH900, K1000, and HE-6. The latter two on a whim to see just how powerful this DAP is. Then I tried it with the FAD Piano Forte IX earphones to see how hiss-prone it is.

That it can drive some of the toughest dynamic loads and also drive some of the most sensitive earphones with the faintest audible hiss is really impressive.

Apr 11, 2012 at 6:28 AM Post #4,404 of 13,503
I have about 20 hours on my DX100 now and that thing just keeps impressing the hell out of me! I love the soundstage - not just big for the sake of being big, but amazinling coherent and realistic. Placement is downright impressive. (Nina Simone - Sinnerman, 4 minutes in) Another amazing thing is how notes seamlessly flow in and out of the soundscape so effortlessly - until the bass hits you like a baseball bat to the gut. (Metallica - One).

Can't type any more, too busy listening.

Apr 11, 2012 at 6:37 AM Post #4,405 of 13,503

Quote:
and your favourite so far?

The Fostex TH900 when paired with the DX100 has been incredibly enjoyable for me. Definitely reference system-level sound to my ears.

Which is good, considering the pair costs as much as a reference system. : P

Apr 11, 2012 at 6:38 AM Post #4,406 of 13,503

Quote:
I found MarkSpace MissingSync worked but tracks were not always in sequence. Uninstalled MissingSync in the end.

Downloaded it and it works. Now I'm set. Thanks for the tip! Only thing is the player takes FOREVER after a restart to load up the initial track. Not sure if it was just timing, but one of the Go utilities which nukes unnecessary apps seemed to help speed that up. At least now I can turn stuff off to save the battery.

Quote:
Quote:
wink_face.gif

The headphone amp is impressive. It's better than the one in the HP-P1 and so is the DAC from a brief trial using it with my Stax rig. It was spot-on with my Sony XBA-3s. It's still a bit behind my L3 in overall capability, but considering it's doing double-duty that's saying a lot.

Apr 11, 2012 at 6:57 AM Post #4,409 of 13,503

Quote:
The Fostex TH900 when paired with the DX100 has been incredibly enjoyable for me. Definitely reference system-level sound to my ears.

Which is good, considering the pair costs as much as a reference system. : P

both together cost less than my RCA Inteconnects & Speaker Cables.... I prefer not to think about how much the rest cost

Apr 11, 2012 at 7:44 AM Post #4,410 of 13,503

I heard thing song a million time, but with the DX100, it felt as if I'm hearing it for the first time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back