iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Mar 11, 2012 at 2:35 PM Post #1,906 of 13,503
The line out would feed from the dac, which is why you can not drive a phone very loud from the line out but it can be done on sensitive phones. 

Mar 11, 2012 at 2:35 PM Post #1,907 of 13,503
Mar 11, 2012 at 3:34 PM Post #1,909 of 13,503
We need confirmation from Ibasso.

Jamato's explanation is correct. Using a digital volume control to vary the output of the Line Out is not new as iRiver used the same method in the H-1xx series some years back.

Mar 11, 2012 at 4:31 PM Post #1,910 of 13,503
Does any of you Lucky 40 know if the Ibasso music player app has balance control? As in compensating for one-sided hearing damage or in my case, a set of HD650 with a channel imbalance. I know the PowerAmp app does it, but if the stock player had that feature as well, it would be pretty cool 
smile.gif

Mar 11, 2012 at 5:05 PM Post #1,911 of 13,503

Quote:
Does any of you Lucky 40 know if the Ibasso music player app has balance control? As in compensating for one-sided hearing damage or in my case, a set of HD650 with a channel imbalance. I know the PowerAmp app does it, but if the stock player had that feature as well, it would be pretty cool 
smile.gif

Even if it did not, a small request email to Ibasso, and they will be more than happy to answer you or add it in the future updates. 

Mar 11, 2012 at 8:05 PM Post #1,913 of 13,503
Or that:
(1) LO signal passes through an amp (called the line amplification section to amplify the signal to line level)
(2) HO signal passes through another amp (called the headphone amp section)

Mar 11, 2012 at 9:09 PM Post #1,914 of 13,503
Quote:
There's a line out that bypasses the amp? Wow DX100

Quote:
We need confirmation from Ibasso.

GG and Turok, you are making me cry :wink: after 5000 posts we are now discussing the new discovery that there is a line out from the DX100? 

Yes, there is a line out and it sits right between the Gain switch and the mini headphone out and the line out function is to bypass the internal amp of the DX100.

There are two digital or spdif outs, the optical and the Coaxial, they are used to bypass the internal Dac and amp. And then there is a screen, it is used to.........

Quote:
One of life's mysteries!
Can someone confirm or bust this or I have to call the "Myth Busters".

In the speaker world, almost all speaker amps (Krell, Levinson, Conrad Johnson etc) do not have volume control, like Jamato said, most volume control is done in the preamp stage.  I am sorry life has selectively hided this truth from you 
tongue.gif

Mar 11, 2012 at 9:33 PM Post #1,915 of 13,503
I only thought there was the two headphone outs and the two coaxial and optical outs. DX100 has impressed me yet again.

Quote:
Quote:
GG and Turok, you are making me cry :wink: after 5000 posts we are now discussing the new discovery that there is a line out from the DX100? 

Yes, there is a line out and it sits right between the Gain switch and the mini headphone out and the line out function is to bypass the internal amp of the DX100.

There are two digital or spdif outs, the optical and the Coaxial, they are used to bypass the internal Dac and amp. And then there is a screen, it is used to.........

In the speaker world, almost all speaker amps (Krell, Levinson, Conrad Johnson etc) do not have volume control, like Jamoato said, most volume control is done in the preamp stage.  I am sorry life has selectively hided this truth from you 
tongue.gif

Mar 11, 2012 at 10:46 PM Post #1,916 of 13,503
Quote:

In the speaker world, almost all speaker amps (Krell, Levinson, Conrad Johnson etc) do not have volume control, like Jamato said, most volume control is done in the preamp stage.  I am sorry life has selectively hided this truth from you 
tongue.gif

Wait... there's a mini headphone out too? :eek:

Dude, what is the screen for?

WHAT IS THE SCREEN FOR?!?

Mar 11, 2012 at 11:06 PM Post #1,918 of 13,503
I tried making about a dozen calls and never once would it dial properly! I am sending it back.

Mar 11, 2012 at 11:31 PM Post #1,919 of 13,503
Alright, alright, guys, you can have a little fun, but not too much, so watch it 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back