IBasso DC-Elite . . . The no compromise DAC/AMP with a true Stepped Attenuator
Apr 8, 2024 at 2:32 AM Post #362 of 408
Ok this is a mess but it will charge your phone while playing.
Maybe I'm missing something, but all of these solutions look like crap. The manufacturer spends millions on R&D to fit so much technology into a tiny dongle for a ready plug-and-play ultra-portable solution.

But instead, we are building a collective farm of double X-Y-cables, adapters, and huge power banks))

(Of course, with all due respect, this is not about people, this is about approach).

IMO the battery is spending - and let it be. But I have a portable outdoor solution. And I’d rather recharge my phone one more time, in the age of fast charging. If I don’t get to the charger, the power bank is always in my backpack.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2024 at 6:20 AM Post #363 of 408
Maybe I'm missing something, but all of these solutions look like crap. The manufacturer spends millions on R&D to fit so much technology into a tiny dongle for a ready plug-and-play ultra-portable solution.

But instead, we are building a collective farm of double X-Y-cables, adapters, and huge power banks))

(Of course, with all due respect, this is not about people, this is about approach).

IMO the battery is spending - and let it be. But I have a portable outdoor solution. And I’d rather recharge my phone one more time, in the age of fast charging. If I don’t get to the charger, the power bank is always in my backpack.
Its worse than that, the volume control is over complicated and not even fit for purpose. Still us audio-fools put up with this c**p. :wink:

Apr 8, 2024 at 9:25 AM Post #364 of 408
Its worse than that, the volume control is over complicated and not even fit for purpose. Still us audio-fools put up with this c**p. :wink:
The volume control is just that a control and I find it simple to use.

Apr 8, 2024 at 12:04 PM Post #366 of 408
OK, I'm happy for you. I suppose its a Marmite thing and I don't like the stuff.
On some high end amps, desktop, there are people that don't like a stepped attenuator. In sound performance, they are top notch. I tend to find the volume I want and am good to go

Apr 9, 2024 at 2:42 PM Post #368 of 408
Curiosity. Have any of you tried using Dc Elite directly with Amazon Music HD? How does it sound? Does it improve anything? Thanks if anyone tried!
Although I do not personally subscribe to Amazon Music, I’ve listened to MANY different streaming services using the DC Elite and ALL sound very good.

No reason Amazon Music HD would be any different 😉.

Apr 10, 2024 at 3:28 AM Post #369 of 408
On some high end amps, desktop, there are people that don't like a stepped attenuator. In sound performance, they are top notch. I tend to find the volume I want and am good to go
Do I really have to say this again. I'M OK WITH A STEPPED ATTENUATOR THE PROBLEM IS THE ONE IN THE DC ELITE DOESN'T HAVE ENOUGH STEPS AT THE LOW END FOR SENSITIVE IEMS.

There I've said it again and for the final time. 🤣

Apr 12, 2024 at 5:59 PM Post #370 of 408
A little interesting fact: dc elite performed brilliantly with DC Aeon X on unbalanced output (21, 22 out of 24). Unfortunately, I don't have a balanced cable for these headphones (I received them for testing), but the conclusion is simple. Great timbre, dynamics, detail, space, sustain, speed, in short, excellent synergy.

Apr 15, 2024 at 10:43 AM Post #373 of 408
This little powerbank is absolutely adorable lmao.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2024 at 3:54 AM Post #374 of 408
Dc-Elite is here.

Small problem related to Android, the volume on the phone works with all programs.

But if i try Usb Audio Player Pro, volume don't work on the phone so i can change only with the Dac. And the Dac is good but... a lot of background noise in the volume change...

Apr 17, 2024 at 7:03 AM Post #375 of 408
Dc-Elite is here.

Small problem related to Android, the volume on the phone works with all programs.

But if i try Usb Audio Player Pro, volume don't work on the phone so i can change only with the Dac. And the Dac is good but... a lot of background noise in the volume change...
i think its normal with noise when change volume on dc-elite. as it is step attenuator, its like a on/off switch unlike a variable resistor switch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back