IBasso DC-Elite . . . The no compromise DAC/AMP with a true Stepped Attenuator
Apr 6, 2024 at 11:20 AM Post #346 of 408
Does anyone have anything to share about the ‘Sound Check’ function on iPhone/Apple Music? I don’t know if I just generally listen to music at low levels but if I use IPhone 13 > Apple Music > DC ELITE > Xe6/ Any CA/ VEX I literally can’t do it… UNLESS I enable ‘Sound Check’ in Apple settings which somehow lowers output decibels..? Qobuz seems to be slightly quieter but still can’t go above one step.

Apr 6, 2024 at 9:39 PM Post #347 of 408
Does anyone have anything to share about the ‘Sound Check’ function on iPhone/Apple Music? I don’t know if I just generally listen to music at low levels but if I use IPhone 13 > Apple Music > DC ELITE > Xe6/ Any CA/ VEX I literally can’t do it… UNLESS I enable ‘Sound Check’ in Apple settings which somehow lowers output decibels..? Qobuz seems to be slightly quieter but still can’t go above one step.
The "Sound Check" feature is the normalization process, in other platforms such as Tidal and Spotify, that feature is named "Normalize Volume". When you use this feature, it tries to "flatten" the loudness between songs, the usual consequence is that almost all songs will be reduced in loudness and even lose some dynamic.

Apr 7, 2024 at 9:30 AM Post #349 of 408
Was hoping that the ddHiFi TC28i Pro adapter might be a good solution to battery drain on my iPhone 12 Mini while using the DC Elite, but sadly it makes no difference. The phone does show it is charging while streaming music and connected to power, however the battery drains down just as quickly as it does without an external power source connected.
IMG_2712.png

The iBasso 3 way cable yields the same results.

Just reporting my experience in case you are considering purchasing a TC28i Pro.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2024 at 10:13 AM Post #350 of 408
Was hoping that the ddHiFi TC28i Pro adapter might be a good solution to battery drain on my iPhone 12 Mini while using the DC Elite, but sadly it makes no difference. The phone does show it is charging while streaming music and connected to power, however the battery drains down just as quickly as it does without an external power source connected.
IMG_2712.png
The iBasso 3 way cable yields the same results.

Just reporting my experience in case you are considering purchasing a TC28i Pro.
Have you used the Ibasso CB19 cable with a power bank?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Apr 7, 2024 at 11:23 AM Post #351 of 408
Have you used the Ibasso CB19 cable with a power bank?
Yes, I have the CB19 and the results are the same.

Although adding an alternate power source via either the CB19 cable or the TC28i Pro adapter doesn’t really help with the battery drain on the phone, I suppose it does help to maximize the sound quality from the DC Elite by insuring that it receives all of the power that it needs for peak performance.

Apr 7, 2024 at 11:43 AM Post #352 of 408
Yes, I have the CB19 and the results are the same.

Although adding an alternate power source via either the CB19 cable or the TC28i Pro adapter doesn’t really help with the battery drain on the phone, I suppose it does help to maximize the sound quality from the DC Elite by insuring that it receives all of the power that it needs for peak performance.
Ok this is a mess but it will charge your phone while playing.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Apr 7, 2024 at 2:25 PM Post #354 of 408
Yeah, I prefer to get away from the “mess” if I can. The Apple camera adapter certainly works but it is not aesthetically pleasing lol. Would be okay for a table top/desk setup with an iPad though.
IMG_2715.jpeg

For the iPhone 12 Mini, I think the best choice would be a MagSafe charger on the back of the phone. This keeps the lightning port free to connect to the dongle, and will keep the phone charging.

Keep in mind I don’t have any Android source devices (other than DAPs, which I don’t really need/want to connect to the DC Elite) so I’m just trying to come up with a minimalist solution for an iPhone source.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back