iBasso Boa issue? high pitched noise
Jul 1, 2008 at 5:55 PM Post #31 of 36
well ive now tried the boa on my desktop, my girlfriends laptop, my girlfriend's iAudio G3 and now on the headphone out of a zen.

no noise.

this seems to be a zune issue when the gain is on and the volume is quite high, and when i touch one but not the other. also, with the zune volume on 20 and the gain on the boa and the volume at where i listen to, there is almost no audible sound.

so this seems to be a headphone out issue with some players.

ill probably sell the boa since the change in audio signature is minimal with 90% of everything i listen to, not worth the price tag of this until zune comes out with a real line out.

the sound out of the zune to the triple.fi's is quite big and beautiful and i guess i was expecting too much from a headphone out. noob mistake
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 2, 2008 at 1:59 AM Post #33 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by chris_ah1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
but how is it with a computer???? it's a usbdac too......

good point. ill try that tonight.

they say as long as nothing is plugged into the input jack, the usb will act as a usbdac. ill give it a go.

Jul 2, 2008 at 4:01 PM Post #35 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by chris_ah1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not sure whether i was clear - why sell it if it acts as a nice sounding usbdac??

ahhhh ok i got it now
smily_headphones1.gif

basically i dont need a nice usbdac. i dont have a laptop and i have cheap speakers for my desktop. if i had a set of klipsch i would definitely consider it. also, out of my headphones i just play shooters, i dont need better quality sound than the sound that comes out of my x-fi gamer
biggrin.gif

Jul 3, 2008 at 5:42 PM Post #36 of 36
well thanks for suggesting the usbDAC.

i did try it as a usbdac and first off no noise. second i did notice a bigger difference from the zune headphone out. i played the same track from my pc and had it on my zune and just switched out.

i could definitely hear some more significant difference on some tracks separation was increased and the mid-high range was better. the difference wasnt mind blowing, the zune does a good job but on some tracks i prefer the boa.

too bad i dont listen to music on my pc enough to make it worth the price.

would you say the usbdac represents the same sound as the amp woudl put out from a line-out from a dap?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back