iBasso Boa issue? high pitched noise
Jun 27, 2008 at 8:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 36

PixelSquish

Previously known as idiotekniques
two questions:

if i have no music on but my headphones in i hear silence. good. but if i touch the Boa i get a faint but noticeable high pitch noise. the second i release my finger/hand whatever from teh boa - the noise goes away. normal? it happens not everytime i touch it but most of the time. ive tried two different interconnect cables, same thing. i unstrapped it from my zune, same thing. as long as i touch it, 8 out of 10 times it does that high pitched hum

also. if i haev my buds in and turn the boa off. i hear like a swoooshing fuzzy noise. normal? when i turn it on, a decent sized pop goes off.

thanks

Jun 27, 2008 at 8:54 PM Post #2 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by idiotekniQues /img/forum/go_quote.gif
two questions:

if i have no music on but my headphones in i hear silence. good. but if i touch the Boa i get a faint but noticeable high pitch noise. the second i release my finger/hand whatever from teh boa - the noise goes away. normal? it happens not everytime i touch it but most of the time. ive tried two different interconnect cables, same thing. i unstrapped it from my zune, same thing. as long as i touch it, 8 out of 10 times it does that high pitched hum

also. if i haev my buds in and turn the boa off. i hear like a swoooshing fuzzy noise. normal? when i turn it on, a decent sized pop goes off.

thanks

I don't have that problem, I would email iBasso and ask them.

Jun 27, 2008 at 9:06 PM Post #4 of 36
hmmm. i cant replicate that high pitched noise when it is plugged into my headphone out of my soundcard. i still get the whoosing noise at shutoff and the pop at turn on but no high pitched noise so far.

just out my headphone out of the zune when i touch it.

this is weird, and...

ugh.

Jun 27, 2008 at 9:09 PM Post #6 of 36
idiot the startup and shutoff noises are normal lol don't worry about that
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 27, 2008 at 9:11 PM Post #7 of 36
i was thinkin the startup shutdown was normal as that made sense, but the high pitched noise made me doubt it all
biggrin.gif

anybody else here with a zune and boa could chime in on the high pitched noise?

i cant duplicate this out of my pc. i will try with my girlfriends iAudio G2 later to see.

Jun 27, 2008 at 9:14 PM Post #8 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
idiot the startup and shutoff noises are normal lol don't worry about that
smily_headphones1.gif

Let's be gentle hockey.

Jun 27, 2008 at 9:42 PM Post #9 of 36
this gets even weirder. now if i take the zune out of my fake leather case and rest the boa on the back brushed metal side - no noise. if i take the boa off the back of the brushed metal side and touch it, noise.

rest the boa on the metal case, no noise.

if i separate the boa from touching the metal case of the zune but ALSO hold the zune at the same time, no noise. let go the zune and just touch the boa while they are separated - i get noise.

seems like some sort of grounding issue maybe?

Jun 27, 2008 at 11:56 PM Post #10 of 36
sounds like a grounding issue - only thing i can think of that would be similar to what you're experiencing. But let's not jump to conclusions before ibasso contact you.

Any other sources of interference??

Jun 28, 2008 at 1:00 AM Post #11 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by chris_ah1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sounds like a grounding issue - only thing i can think of that would be similar to what you're experiencing. But let's not jump to conclusions before ibasso contact you.

Any other sources of interference??

nope. i tried this in a few rooms from our office with all our pc gear, to our bedroom with not much of anything but a bed
biggrin.gif

Jun 28, 2008 at 1:22 AM Post #12 of 36
it is definitely the zune that it conflicts with.

if i dont have the zune connected to the boa even and i move the zune close to the boa, i get the noise as i move it away gone. this does not happen moving it near my monitor, pc , tv, cable box, speakers, nothing else but the zune.

the boa gets interference from the one device i want to use it with
biggrin.gif

Jun 28, 2008 at 3:38 AM Post #13 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by inthecup /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Let's be gentle hockey.

His name starts with "idiot." I thought the same thing though.

I have not tried my Boa with my Zune yet because my Zune is off for repairs. Otherwise I would see if it does it for me too!

Jun 28, 2008 at 5:50 AM Post #14 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by inthecup /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Let's be gentle hockey.

wasn't trying to be harsh just trying to get the point through that there is no problem with that

Users who are viewing this thread

Back