IBasso Audio IT03
Nov 1, 2016 at 8:57 AM Post #991 of 3,344

******, I went to try out the IT03 out of curiousity from this thread at a local shop today, and was blown away. I ended up walking out of the store with it. It's been a long time since I was blown away by an IEM. Metal music sounded so ****** awesome that I could not stop nodding my head to the beats. It worked so nicely with my LG V20 too.

Thanks again guys.

Nov 1, 2016 at 9:24 AM Post #992 of 3,344
  Just received my IT03. First impression, right out of the box: you need the right earbuds and player, after that, it is worth every penny. 
The earbuds delivered with the IT03 are indeed a wide variety, but for my ears, the sound stayed thin and distant, until I pushed them deeper inside my ears with my fingers: Yes now we are getting somewhere. Fortunately I still had some comply foam (4 mm) tips, oh yes, hit me, I love it!

Tried it with the AK240, sounded very clean but a little to soft, to distant. With the DX90: yes, great combination! The DX90 still is for a large scale of headphones or earbuds a wonderful choice. But trying it with the Questyle QP1R:  oh my heaven, this is a perfect combination in every way (for my ears). Playing Eric Woolfon's Freudiana (24 bit recording):WHOW!! Can't sit still anymore.
 Need psychiatric help, that bass is so addictive. Who needs more, not me (for now
gs1000.gif
 ) .

By the way, which firmware are you on for DX90? Fellow DX90 user here~ 
L3000.gif

******, I went to try out the IT03 out of curiousity from this thread at a local shop today, and was blown away. I ended up walking out of the store with it. It's been a long time since I was blown away by an IEM. Metal music sounded so ****** awesome that I could not stop nodding my head to the beats. It worked so nicely with my LG V20 too.

Thanks again guys.

Congrats mate! It's time to run in those 150 hours 
deadhorse.gif

Nov 1, 2016 at 10:04 AM Post #993 of 3,344

The W shape of UM Martian is relatively flat in my opinion, at least when compared to IT03's V shape.
The Martian's bass is detailed but almost polite to say the least (I really wondered if the second dynamic driver was missing the first time I heard them).

Not being judgemental here, but they don't sound similar at all if people are hesitating between both.

Yes,I agree the Martian probably is a bit more linear overall but I also don't want to overemphasize the IT03's V shaped nature. It has a strong treble and a particularly strong bass presence but IMO the enhancement in both the extremes isn't overdone. The Andromeda, for example, is not that far away in terms of bass presence when paired with a very low impedance source. And ofcourse the 2 don't sound similar. However I do believe they are technically on the same level. 

The Martian's bass performance really is all about the detail and texture it offers, quantity wise its on the leaner side for sure.

Nov 1, 2016 at 10:33 AM Post #994 of 3,344

By the way, which firmware are you on for DX90? Fellow DX90 user here~ 
L3000.gif

Congrats mate! It's time to run in those 150 hours 
deadhorse.gif

Hi AlexiusC, I use fw 2.5.1L2 at this moment. For me, it works without noticeable problems and sounds great.
Ibasso really made a winner for this price. I'm curious about the sound difference after 150 hours. Will this illness ever stop. 

Nov 1, 2016 at 1:10 PM Post #997 of 3,344
  I've been listening to IT03 for a few hours now.

I'm quite pleased with the sound, I agree with those saying its a nice earphone. Great coherency, open sounding. I've also noticed the bass is quite tight and rather detailed. So far I find them rather balanced across the bass and treble, maybe a little less on the highs compared to the rest of the frequency range. I've already asked myself if I could live with IT03 if I somehow lost my other higher teir earphones, I believe I could, yes. It would probably be my first alternative from what I've heard this year.

Exactly this (the bold part)!!!
ksc75smile.gif

Just received my IT03. First impression, right out of the box: you need the right earbuds and player, after that, it is worth every penny. 
The earbuds delivered with the IT03 are indeed a wide variety, but for my ears, the sound stayed thin and distant, until I pushed them deeper inside my ears with my fingers: Yes now we are getting somewhere. Fortunately I still had some comply foam (4 mm) tips, oh yes, hit me, I love it!

Tried it with the AK240, sounded very clean but a little to soft, to distant. With the DX90: yes, great combination! The DX90 still is for a large scale of headphones or earbuds a wonderful choice. But trying it with the Questyle QP1R:  oh my heaven, this is a perfect combination in every way (for my ears). Playing Eric Woolfon's Freudiana (24 bit recording):WHOW!! Can't sit still anymore.
 Need psychiatric help, that bass is so addictive. Who needs more, not me (for now
gs1000.gif
 ) .

I already knew there were more addicts in this small country. Nice to see another one
biggrin.gif

Haven't tried the QP1R yet, but it's also still on my shortlist...

Nov 1, 2016 at 5:15 PM Post #999 of 3,344
Depending on how the IEM is configured, it's my understanding that even an output impedance as low as 2 ohms could impact frequency response with multi-BA IEM.

And of you can, I'd recommend trying out the new Shanling M1. It's tiny, has Bluetooth, and I bet it sounds as good or better than your X1.

I'm gonna check it out, thanks 
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 2, 2016 at 8:08 AM Post #1,000 of 3,344
I tried IT03 from my Tralucent DAC, not sure I was content with the sound when the DAC was feed from Shanling M3 optical out .I still think they sound best directly from Shanling M3 headphone out. Seems to add a little more transparency and clarity. Funny thing synergy, can make or break opinions.

@nmatheis did you say you find the highs edgy with Shanling M3? I hear a little peak somewhere at times, nothing overly intrusive with Shanling M3.

What I'm impressed with is how IT03 can remain coherent when under load or raising the volume, they hold their own.

Once you adjust they definitely put on a show.

Nov 2, 2016 at 10:29 AM Post #1,001 of 3,344

Don't know exactly what to make of this. The IT03 sounded more pleasing to my ears with the oldy but goody ipod 5g than with my cayin i5. Sounded more bright and clear. From the i5, they sounded dark but the detail was awesome. Does this mean I have heightened tolerance on brighter sound? If other people here can try this and give their impressions, I will be truly glad and thankful. You can call me a newbie so I'm not quite sure how to describe what I was hearing.

By the way, the IT03 has just been burned in for about 20 plus hours.

Nov 2, 2016 at 2:27 PM Post #1,002 of 3,344

Don't know exactly what to make of this. The IT03 sounded more pleasing to my ears with the oldy but goody ipod 5g than with my cayin i5. Sounded more bright and clear. From the i5, they sounded dark but the detail was awesome. Does this mean I have heightened tolerance on brighter sound? If other people here can try this and give their impressions, I will be truly glad and thankful. You can call me a newbie so I'm not quite sure how to describe what I was hearing.

By the way, the IT03 has just been burned in for about 20 plus hours.

I don't really remember the sound of that iPod off the top of my head, but it might just be your preference for a brighter source. I've heard great things about the i5, but that it is also warm especially when paired with the iT03. What you are hearing is pretty much the beauty of owning multiple DAPs. They typically produce their own unique sound. If I use the Mojo with the IT03 it sounds pretty different compared to when I use the Opus 2. 

Nov 2, 2016 at 4:40 PM Post #1,003 of 3,344
I don't really remember the sound of that iPod off the top of my head, but it might just be your preference for a brighter source. I've heard great things about the i5, but that it is also warm especially when paired with the iT03. What you are hearing is pretty much the beauty of owning multiple DAPs. They typically produce their own unique sound. If I use the Mojo with the IT03 it sounds pretty different compared to when I use the Opus 2. 

I own a Mojo too but not the special coaxial cable. How does it change the sound of the i5? I'm worried it will be more warm since it's the Mojo we're talking about here. I hope you can give me some idea. Thanks in advance!

Sorry for being off topic on this one. I still intend to use my IT03 with that setup once I get the proper cable.

Nov 2, 2016 at 11:40 PM Post #1,005 of 3,344
H20Fidelity: Don't think I said that I got sharpness with Shanling M3. From memory, I did with Cayin N5 and LPG. So far, I think my best pairings are with Shanling M5 and Mojo. For me, both of those control IT03's bass well, bring mids forward, and make the top end smoother without losing a lot of detail and not compromising on soundstage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back