IBasso Audio IT03
Sep 28, 2016 at 10:15 AM Post #346 of 3,344

when something is good, what more can you say aside from praising it.
when something is bad, what more can you say aside from criticising it.

lows: excellent subbass rumble 10/10
mids: transparent and detailed 8/10
highs: not grainy at all, well extended 9/10
soundstage:above average 8/10
details: above average 8/10
fit: for me 10/10
totl level: 9/10
price to performance ratio:10/10
impedance: low very easy to drive
case: quite wierd 7/10
stock tips: an assortment 8/10
cable: great 9/10

I've noticed it a little mate recently, people are trying to tell you something, they're becoming a little agitated how to go about it. I think maybe if you can slow down a little and be a little more constructive with your posts, form a little stronger foundation behind them. Say why you think they're great, what part of the sound, build etc makes you feel that why. 

I don't personally dislike you, I want to help you. Because what can happen if it continues is you'll ruin your reputation, and once that happens people won't believe a thing you say.  I'm trying to help you, not hurt you. 

Sep 28, 2016 at 10:17 AM Post #347 of 3,344
I've noticed it a little mate recently, people are trying to tell you something, they're becoming a little agitated how to go about it. I think maybe if you can slow down a little and be a little more constructive with your posts, form a little stronger foundation behind them. Say why you think they're great, what part of the sound, build etc makes you feel that why. 

I don't personally dislike you, I want to help you. Because what can happen if it continues is you'll ruin your reputation, and once that happens people won't believe a thing you say.  I'm trying to help you, not hurt you. 
Best just say something positive once every 8 days.

Sep 28, 2016 at 10:20 AM Post #348 of 3,344
Best just say something positive once every 8 days.

I guess that works best with your wife?
Haha just kidding, sorry mate
wink.gif

Sep 28, 2016 at 10:21 AM Post #349 of 3,344
Sep 28, 2016 at 10:26 AM Post #350 of 3,344

alright mate. enthusiasm got the better of me like what @jon parker said. am trying to help tho for such an excellent gear.

Sep 28, 2016 at 10:41 AM Post #351 of 3,344
I'll start charging for postal guidance, post prepping counseling. 
wink_face.gif

Reckon that jmills8 could use a lesson or two. 
tongue_smile.gif

Anyway, I am rather interested in the IEM itself, it would be nice for the iBasso brand to break out into the IEM market further.

Sep 28, 2016 at 10:43 AM Post #352 of 3,344
Like others I think with all the hype it would be useful to get some more 'substance' to the claims, when the excitement of new toy and price to value ratio simmers down the specific areas that define the musicality and technicality of a particular earphone is what will separate it or place it with others. This takes time and detailed comparison against other earphones (at least for me) as it needs to be understood what something is being measured against. 

Like others I'm interested to hear more detailed descriptions of it's performance. In particular:

Resolution
Tonality (Realism)
Spatial Cues / Ambience
Detail
Headroom

And all of this in comparison with other Solid earphones and 'TOTL' which are claimed it competes with.

I look forward to more impressions and reviews over the coming weeks.

Sep 28, 2016 at 11:04 AM Post #353 of 3,344
My pair just came in. I immediately threw out and then burned my Shure KSE1500 because these are so much better! All sarcasm aside, after playing around with some of the stock tips, they are burning in now. They come with about 9 pairs of different silicone tips, so it took me a bit to find which one I enjoyed and fit best. I haven't tried any aftermarket tips yet.The case and the cable are just okay. I figure I would need a new case if I upgraded to a thicker third party cable. Hopefully, I will be able to post some impressions after some burn in.

Sep 28, 2016 at 11:06 AM Post #354 of 3,344
My pair just came in. I immediately threw out and then burned my Shure KSE1500 because these are so much better! All sarcasm aside, after playing around with some of the stock tips, they are burning in now. They come with about 9 pairs of different silicone tips, so it took me a bit to find which one I enjoyed and fit best. I haven't tried any aftermarket tips yet.The case and the cable are just okay. I figure I would need a new case if I upgraded to a thicker third party cable. Hopefully, I will be able to post some impressions after some burn in.
try with spinfit. I have tried the it03 with many top cables and hate to admit stock cable is as good as aftermarket cables. Have yet to pair the it03 with a 8 core cable yet

Sep 28, 2016 at 11:10 AM Post #355 of 3,344
try with spinfit. I have tried the it03 with many top cables and hate to admit stock cable is as good as aftermarket cables. Have yet to pair the it03 with a 8 core cable yet

Yeah I was thinking Spinfit might be best. I ordered a cable from Effect Audio a few days, but I'm sure I can end up using that for other IEMs if the stock cable is just as good for the IT03.

Sep 28, 2016 at 11:11 AM Post #356 of 3,344
Yeah I was thinking Spinfit might be best. I ordered a cable from Effect Audio a few days, but I'm sure I can end up using that for other IEMs if the stock cable is just as good for the IT03.
which effect audio cable did u order? I tried with their whole range from mars to the new eros2+ and dont find any impact to it.

Sep 28, 2016 at 11:12 AM Post #357 of 3,344
which effect audio cable did u order? I tried with their whole range from mars to the new eros2+ and dont find any impact to it.
Try a different brand.☺

Sep 28, 2016 at 11:16 AM Post #358 of 3,344
Originally Posted by audio123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Pretty high scores
rolleyes.gif

Quote:
  Like others I think with all the hype it would be useful to get some more 'substance' to the claims, when the excitement of new toy and price to value ratio simmers down the specific areas that define the musicality and technicality of a particular earphone is what will separate it or place it with others. This takes time and detailed comparison against other earphones (at least for me) as it needs to be understood what something is being measured against. 

Like others I'm interested to hear more detailed descriptions of it's performance. In particular:

Resolution
Tonality (Realism)
Spatial Cues / Ambience
Detail
Headroom

And all of this in comparison with other Solid earphones and 'TOTL' which are claimed it competes with.

I look forward to more impressions and reviews over the coming weeks.

I will surely post my thoughts when I've got them (hopefully next week) and once they've passed the advised 150 hrs burn-in time. Especially curious how it will hold up to my 1plus2 with the same (1DD+2BA) driver set-up

Paul mentioned this in a pm after I asked him some questions: ''The cable is not off the shelf. It is a very high purity OFC that we had made to our criteria after many hundreds of hours of testing.'' I'm glad it's such a good quality cable as all my aftermarket cables are 2-pin style.

Sep 28, 2016 at 11:16 AM Post #359 of 3,344

when something is good, what more can you say aside from praising it.
when something is bad, what more can you say aside from criticising it.

Of course there is nothing wrong in praising what you find good and criticizing what you find bad. But what we would like to read is you providing more substance behind your opinions, like more description on what you like/don't like about the sound of a particular iem, comparisons with other iems that you own, etc.

Now on topic - I will most likely go and demo the IT03 in a day or two. Will post impressions soon after. I will have my UM Martian and FLC8s for comparison purposes.

Sep 28, 2016 at 11:19 AM Post #360 of 3,344

I will surely post my thoughts when I've got them (hopefully next week) and once they've passed the advised 150 hrs burn-in time. Especially curious how it will hold up to my 1plus2 with the same (1DD+2BA) driver set-up

Paul mentioned this in a pm after I asked him some questions: ''The cable is not off the shelf. It is a very high purity OFC that we had made to our criteria after many hundreds of hours of testing.'' I'm glad it's such a good quality cable as all my aftermarket cables are 2-pin style.

I should have clarified that my comment about the cable just ok was more in reference to the feel/comfort. I haven't had enough time to really assess the sound from the cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back