I want some good looking headphones.
Jul 15, 2013 at 12:09 PM Post #121 of 171
Quote:
I can tell you know that after a couple days of use the comfort has increased and I can wear them multiple hours (that's all that is safe for my ears) and the bass has smoothed out and I can hear the highs and mid sections more clearly.

It even says from vmoda themselves "burn in=the fit IS the sound, like new shoes, your headphones will sound their best after the ear cushions, headband, and drivers naturally adjust"

These are one of the only headphones I've heard improvement from only 48 hours of burn in. Anyways I really like them. Mom says they look cyborg. Lol.

Congrats for the buy! 

Jul 15, 2013 at 1:26 PM Post #123 of 171
Quote:
Thanks! I'm looking for some grados maybe for my next buy.

[size=10pt]   Ahh...Grados. They're the best of the best when it comes to rock music (that includes, metal, prog rock, alternative, etc.) so if you're into those types of music, they’re the best you could get for the money. However, I do like to stress that they’re not as good with other pairs (espeically the electronic kind), so it’s by no means an all-rounder. Though I'm a new-age kid (still a freshman), I really dig the retro look of the Grados, especially the metal ones like the SR-60 and SR-80.[/size]

Jul 15, 2013 at 7:25 PM Post #124 of 171
[SIZE=10pt]   Ahh...Grados. They're the best of the best when it comes to rock music (that includes, metal, prog rock, alternative, etc.) so if you're into those types of music, they’re the best you could get for the money. However, I do like to stress that they’re not as good with other pairs (espeically the electronic kind), so it’s by no means an all-rounder. Though I'm a new-age kid (still a freshman), I really dig the retro look of the Grados, especially the metal ones like the SR-60 and SR-80.[/SIZE]

Good thing my main genre is metal :D looking forward to this.

Still my mom and dad gasp at me telling them to buy me 100$ headphones that aren't beats.

Jul 15, 2013 at 11:20 PM Post #125 of 171
Quote:
Good thing my main genre is metal
biggrin.gif
looking forward to this.

Still my mom and dad gasp at me telling them to buy me 100$ headphones that aren't beats.

Well, at least you have a better situation than I do. My mom goes nuts when I tell her that I plan to buy a new pair, beats or not. "Come on, Mom, they're just in-ears! I'll get those and be done with it! Besides, Dsnuts already said they were good!"

*sigh* Oh well.

Jul 16, 2013 at 12:03 AM Post #126 of 171
The Audio Technica Earsuit series are the sexiest looking headphones ever made whilst still retaining supreme audio quality.

Jul 16, 2013 at 12:32 AM Post #127 of 171
Quote:
The Audio Technica Earsuit series are the sexiest looking headphones ever made whilst still retaining supreme audio quality.

If you haven't read the earlier posts, OP has already bought his M-80s. But still, I gotta agree on the stylish wood cups on these.

...Damn.

Bisayaboi...Noypi ka?

Jul 17, 2013 at 2:25 AM Post #130 of 171
I own the crossfade lps and, like you, I'm a teen, 15, and I was looking for good headphones in the $100 range. I was also looking for bass and looks without having to pay $300 for studios. I gotta say the crossfades comfortable, with booming bass. the trebles are good, but the mids are a tiny bit recessed. but you need a good amp! on your phone these will sound like sh%#. I got fhe fiio e11 and it cleaned up things nicely. but, honestly, you gotta give the headphones something to work with. crap music files will sound like crap. period. but with a good amp and possibly some flac files, these headphones fall nothing short of the $250 MSRP. and people don't rage on me, I know because I own them, and its true they need a burn in time. I would go for em

Jul 17, 2013 at 2:31 AM Post #131 of 171
I own the crossfade lps and, like you, I'm a teen, 15, and I was looking for good headphones in the $100 range. I was also looking for bass and looks without having to pay $300 for studios. I gotta say the crossfades comfortable, with booming bass. the trebles are good, but the mids are a tiny bit recessed. but you need a good amp! on your phone these will sound like sh%#. I got fhe fiio e11 and it cleaned up things nicely. but, honestly, you gotta give the headphones something to work with. crap music files will sound like crap. period. but with a good amp and possibly some flac files, these headphones fall nothing short of the $250 MSRP. and people don't rage on me, I know because I own them, and its true they need a burn in time. I would go for em

Bought mine and they're so good now that they've had a good burn in time I can walk out of the house and do casual listening without an amp :wink: of course high Q files. My 256kb songs sound like poop on these.....

Jul 17, 2013 at 11:43 AM Post #135 of 171
Quote:
What does almost scary mean? Is that in a good or bad way haha? Also these are fun to game with, the bass rumbles but you can still hear the highs and mids (although a little laid back) but it sounds good.

^I agree with you fully. I don't get that part either. That is, unless he's listening to Skrillex's "First of the Year." That was some scary wubs, I tell ya. Honestly, it isn't that scary until you see the video...I couldn't get it off my head for three days. After that, I found myself getting a few more of Skrillex's titles. Damn, he's good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back