I want some good looking headphones.
Jul 17, 2013 at 6:11 PM Post #136 of 171
^I agree with you fully. I don't get that part either. That is, unless he's listening to Skrillex's "First of the Year." That was some scary wubs, I tell ya. Honestly, it isn't that scary until you see the video...I couldn't get it off my head for three days. After that, I found myself getting a few more of Skrillex's titles. Damn, he's good.

Mainstream brostep hahaha

Jul 18, 2013 at 2:21 AM Post #138 of 171
sheesh guys don't rip just because you don't know what I'm talking about. I mean, with flacs, you hear everything, even real instruments, and it sounds unreal. like a revelation. so yeah, they sounds unreal, SCARY

Jul 18, 2013 at 2:28 AM Post #139 of 171
Quote:
sheesh guys don't rip just because you don't know what I'm talking about. I mean, with flacs, you hear everything, even real instruments, and it sounds unreal. like a revelation. so yeah, they sounds unreal, SCARY

Doesn't seem scary to me. In fact, flacs make the music seem realistic. Run it through a 5.1 speaker system, and WHAM! You have a live performance in your home.

Jul 18, 2013 at 2:30 AM Post #140 of 171
Quote:

*facepalm*

Do a test with CD-quality FLAC and converted V0 LAME MP3 and I guarantee you you won't hear a difference.

To the original poster, I do think the LPs look pretty good. They have a unique appearance that sets it apart from other headphones. If you don't mind the price difference, I think you'll really like their M-100 headphone which is a definite step-up in audio quality. Personally I didn't like the sound of the LP, but for $100 I think it's a pretty good buy for that sound signature.

Jul 18, 2013 at 3:24 AM Post #142 of 171
I know the OP already bought these but I wanted to throw in my opinion on this anyways. The LP's were my first semi-serious headphones coming from Apple earbuds and the like, I have since moved on to higher end offerings. Seeing as I bought them over 2 years ago for less than a hundred bucks I'd say they were a pretty good option at the time but honestly looking at all the cans available now around $100 they just aren't a good option anymore IMO. People like to call these bass-head cans but if anything I'd say these are the exact opposite; sure they may have a lot of bass but we all know that more doesn't equal better and these definitely fall under the quantity for quality column. I love bass as much as the next guy but this is not good bass, it's bloated and slow at the sacrifice of nearly the entire frequency making for a very tiring sound. Detailed is the last word I would use to describe these cans, everything feels sort of muffled like your listening through a pillow.

One of the few things I can say that's positive about them is the build quality which for the price is superb, these are very solid and consist of very premium materials considering their price. However I can't say the same about the fit, the pads on these are decent(ish) but they are too thin and don't put enough space between your ears and the body causing considerable fatigue during long sessions (for me anyways). Also I'd say I have average sized ears and I find these cups to be too small to be over ear but not small enough to be really on ear which means they tend to squish my ears slightly around the edges which can get very uncomfortable very quickly.

Concerning aesthetics I will agree that these are some of the better looking headphones I've seen but what I realized shortly after owning these is that ultimately you're not going to care about the aesthetics at which point all you'll be left with is a pretty pair of poor sounding cans when you could have had a decent looking pair of great sounding cans.

Anyways I apologize for the long write up but I really wanted to share some wisdom on the subject seeing as I would have wanted to hear the exact same thing before I bought these, my hope is I can save someone from making the same mistake I did. Look elsewhere people!  

Jul 18, 2013 at 3:42 AM Post #143 of 171
lol my posts are just so funny. haha guys don't take things so literally, I didn't mean scary like Halloween. this is such a big deal haha. and thanks but that's what I said I do use flac. and dude dont facepalm I'm a teen idk what the heck you just said. I'm no"audiophile"

Jul 18, 2013 at 5:03 AM Post #144 of 171
Quote:th
lol my posts are just so funny. haha guys don't take things so literally, I didn't mean scary like Halloween. this is such a big deal haha. and thanks but that's what I said I do use flac. and dude dont facepalm I'm a teen idk what the heck you just said. I'm no"audiophile"

Well, I'm a teen, and I know exactly what he's talking about.

Quoting his post:

Do a test with CD-quality FLAC and converted V0 LAME MP3 and I guarantee you you won't hear a difference.

CD-quality FLAC is one of the highest standards of audio codecs around. They're the best of the best, if I do say so myself. V0 LAME MP3 is, of course, lossy, but it uses a form of VBR encoding that compresses little of the orginal data. I agree with him actually - it's really hard, if not impossible, to tell the difference between the same track encoded with these formats. You could read up on VBR encoding on Wikipedia, or that article I read about VBR here on Head-Fi.
   V0 VBR MP3s are larger than 320kbps MP3s, and as such, give more detail. Sadly, V0 isn't the standard for MP3 formats, so finding these will take a little more time.

Jul 18, 2013 at 4:21 PM Post #145 of 171
I know the OP already bought these but I wanted to throw in my opinion on this anyways. The LP's were my first semi-serious headphones coming from Apple earbuds and the like, I have since moved on to higher end offerings. Seeing as I bought them over 2 years ago for less than a hundred bucks I'd say they were a pretty good option at the time but honestly looking at all the cans available now around $100 they just aren't a good option anymore IMO. People like to call these bass-head cans but if anything I'd say these are the exact opposite; sure they may have a lot of bass but we all know that more doesn't equal better and these definitely fall under the quantity for quality column. I love bass as much as the next guy but this is not good bass, it's bloated and slow at the sacrifice of nearly the entire frequency making for a very tiring sound. Detailed is the last word I would use to describe these cans, everything feels sort of muffled like your listening through a pillow.

One of the few things I can say that's positive about them is the build quality which for the price is superb, these are very solid and consist of very premium materials considering their price. However I can't say the same about the fit, the pads on these are decent(ish) but they are too thin and don't put enough space between your ears and the body causing considerable fatigue during long sessions (for me anyways). Also I'd say I have average sized ears and I find these cups to be too small to be over ear but not small enough to be really on ear which means they tend to squish my ears slightly around the edges which can get very uncomfortable very quickly.

Concerning aesthetics I will agree that these are some of the better looking headphones I've seen but what I realized shortly after owning these is that ultimately you're not going to care about the aesthetics at which point all you'll be left with is a pretty pair of poor sounding cans when you could have had a decent looking pair of great sounding cans.

Anyways I apologize for the long write up but I really wanted to share some wisdom on the subject seeing as I would have wanted to hear the exact same thing before I bought these, my hope is I can save someone from making the same mistake I did. Look elsewhere people!  

Again, cough, if I want to go out to a club what am I to do headphone wise. These are only 100 dollars, I won't regret these. Unlike you I think I take fashion seriously, it's just me. The look if these won't go any faster than a pair of beats or souls. I'm not hearing the muffled can or pillow noise other people are hearing unless I unplug my amp and put it on a bass boost EQ setting. Again I wear then more than I listen, when I go to the power and light district in KC you don't want big audiophile headphones. I use my sennheisers during commutes or home, then transfer to these when I'm out to unless with style. Simple enough.

Jul 18, 2013 at 5:40 PM Post #146 of 171
Quote:
Again, cough, if I want to go out to a club what am I to do headphone wise. These are only 100 dollars, I won't regret these. Unlike you I think I take fashion seriously, it's just me. The look if these won't go any faster than a pair of beats or souls. I'm not hearing the muffled can or pillow noise other people are hearing unless I unplug my amp and put it on a bass boost EQ setting. Again I wear then more than I listen, when I go to the power and light district in KC you don't want big audiophile headphones. I use my sennheisers during commutes or home, then transfer to these when I'm out to unless with style. Simple enough.

I didn't mean to sound harsh, all said I still think these are decent headphones in the sub $100 category. When I say they sound muffled or bloated thats comparing them to other headphones like the HE-400 I had the chance to hear recently or my HD-600's. Before I heard anything else I would have said the same thing as you, it's only after hearing a proper setup that I realized what I was missing. As far as other options I think something like the ATH-M50's or the MDR-V6's are a much better choice and still look very attractive and not at all like "big audiophile headphones". But if you like these and they fit your requirements then that's really all that matters, I was simply offering my opinion on the subject as I felt I had something to offer given my experience with these.  

Jul 18, 2013 at 5:44 PM Post #147 of 171
Yeah compared to higher-end audio prodicts the LP sounds pretty muddled, which is probably why I didn't like it coming from a SRH940.

If you're looking for a more balanced sound, the ATH-M50 is definitely a good buy. They have more colour options nowadays too. The V6 is no slouch either and I think it's worth over $100 in audio quality alone.

Jul 18, 2013 at 7:41 PM Post #148 of 171
I've listened to the hd700 at my audiophile friend's house. Of course they have a lot more clarity than these, what wouldn't? Like you said these fit my needs, and that's casual listening to bass heavy music and style. I still think they have an okay sound quality despite being lifestyle headphones.

Jul 18, 2013 at 9:35 PM Post #150 of 171
Quote:
If you like the LP's sound, a nice upgrade in sound quality and form factor would be their newer M-100 headphone; it's definitely more in the league of better sound quality headphones in the price range. ;D

+1 to this. Not only do you get improvements in the SQ in nearly every register, you also get similar styling. I really dig the black one! Bass is heavy and extends well in the sub-bass region (which I definitely love). Midrange is still recessed, but not as much as the M80s and is clearer. Treble has more power and clarity, and is a solid improvement. I think you just scored your next pair if you're looking for a can with a sound signature similar to the LPs.

But as you are into rock music, why not try a pair of Grados? That is, if you don't have people sitting beside you often. 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back