I want CRISPY Headphones!
Jul 4, 2011 at 3:03 PM Post #47 of 65

Quote:
Like dynamics depends on the model. You can grab the SR-Lambda or SR-Lambda Pro plus the amp for around 500$, maybe to much ? There are cheaper models

So many choices @_@, i have until august to make a final choice thankfully.

ill be refering to this thread throughout this month going through all the suggestions

Jul 4, 2011 at 3:04 PM Post #48 of 65
I heard that grados need long burn in proccess. I cant say for everyone only for me. I heard both cans used a lot of time so probably burned in perfectly. Even I read those stories before I heard completely no sibilance from them. RS1 were not such aggressive as 325is, more smooth, more magic. I believe RS2 are even more enjoyable from what Ive heard. I had RS1 few days ago at home and they played very good from Matrix M Stage. B
ut I just felt magic from that little box - DIY amp made by Majkel:

I also suggest you to buy used pair to find its signature. if you find it sounding harsh to your ears you can sell it without loss.

Jul 4, 2011 at 3:43 PM Post #49 of 65
The HF2 I had wasn't sibilant as long as the recording wasn't. I think of all the headphones listed the Grados are the ones that will have the vocals the way you want. The 325is is the brightest of the Grados and to some, me included, can be shrill ans piercing. The HF2 and RS1i are much smoother. There are amps that can be found on Head-Fi for around $3000. Like the Gilmore Lite. There are also DACs under $300 like the V-Dac although for a bit more you can get the better DacMagic.

Jul 4, 2011 at 3:56 PM Post #50 of 65
Quote:
There are also DACs under $300 like the V-Dac although for a bit more you can get the better DacMagic.

FWIW I found the ($100) Zero DAC sounded better than the DacMagic... really all op-amp based DACs are going to sound pretty much the same as they're all built around $10 op-amps. I'd suggest making do with what you have until moving up to something completely discrete.

Jul 4, 2011 at 5:19 PM Post #51 of 65
Quote:

Crispy...
yummmm...

Nice edible headphones, where can we buy this? I'm interested.
biggrin.gif

Jul 5, 2011 at 4:06 AM Post #52 of 65

Quote:
I heard that grados need long burn in proccess. I cant say for everyone only for me. I heard both cans used a lot of time so probably burned in perfectly. Even I read those stories before I heard completely no sibilance from them. RS1 were not such aggressive as 325is, more smooth, more magic. I believe RS2 are even more enjoyable from what Ive heard. I had RS1 few days ago at home and they played very good from Matrix M Stage. B
ut I just felt magic from that little box - DIY amp made by Majkel:

I also suggest you to buy used pair to find its signature. if you find it sounding harsh to your ears you can sell it without loss.

Thanks for the advice m8, but im having a small problem here, ive been trying to find a site that ships a Grados RS1 to dubai, and all of them dont D:, this is a first for me ._.

Would it be possible for me to ask the person who i buy the amp from, to ship an RS1 alongside the amp? with me paying for it ofcourse :0.

Quote:
The HF2 I had wasn't sibilant as long as the recording wasn't. I think of all the headphones listed the Grados are the ones that will have the vocals the way you want. The 325is is the brightest of the Grados and to some, me included, can be shrill ans piercing. The HF2 and RS1i are much smoother. There are amps that can be found on Head-Fi for around $3000. Like the Gilmore Lite. There are also DACs under $300 like the V-Dac although for a bit more you can get the better DacMagic.

If i was to buy a grados headphone, aka the RS1, what $300-400 amp goes well with it?

Quote:
FWIW I found the ($100) Zero DAC sounded better than the DacMagic... really all op-amp based DACs are going to sound pretty much the same as they're all built around $10 op-amps. I'd suggest making do with what you have until moving up to something completely discrete.

not gonna change dac's until i secure a good amp/headphone combo :3

Jul 5, 2011 at 5:18 AM Post #53 of 65

Quote:
Thanks for the advice m8, but im having a small problem here, ive been trying to find a site that ships a Grados RS1 to dubai, and all of them dont D:, this is a first for me ._.

Would it be possible for me to ask the person who i buy the amp from, to ship an RS1 alongside the amp? with me paying for it ofcourse :0.

Tones & Colors Technologies
050 785 0985
tctavs@emirates.net.ae
Dubai

Or order from TTVJ Audio.

Jul 5, 2011 at 8:12 AM Post #55 of 65
I still don't get why there isn't any Audio Technica recommendation see OP wanted some vocal centric headphones. AD2000, A2000X, W5000, W1000 all does vocal exceedingly well with a slightly different taste on each one.

Jul 5, 2011 at 8:20 AM Post #56 of 65

Quote:
I still don't get why there isn't any Audio Technica recommendation see OP wanted some vocal centric headphones. AD2000, A2000X, W5000, W1000 all does vocal exceedingly well with a slightly different taste on each one.

Could you comment on how each of the AT phones are different from each other? 
bigsmile_face.gif

Jul 5, 2011 at 8:25 AM Post #57 of 65
In truth it was AD that got me started on headphones, i still prefer the AD700 for the majority of my music but sadly i gave it to a friend, due to it making my D5000's seem worthless :|

Should i stick to the brand name that got me addicted in the first place?

Jul 5, 2011 at 8:34 AM Post #58 of 65
Quote:Originally Posted by Adamora 

"If i was to buy a grados headphone, aka the RS1, what $300-400 amp goes well with it?"

Here are a few that I've liked:

Gilmore Lite (dynalow)
M^3
M Stage
Headroom Micro Amp
iBasso D2+ Boa

Jul 5, 2011 at 8:56 AM Post #59 of 65
Good morning Dubai. The land of streets paved with gold....For crispy sound nothing better than Klispch to me. It's so crispy that if your hearing is sensitive you may experience some internal bleeding otherwise you love it to death.

You also want fat pipe....go for it, my brother. What kind of music do you listen to ? I never have a chance to listen to Middle-East music but  do love the women over there.

Jul 5, 2011 at 8:58 AM Post #60 of 65

Quote:
Quote:Originally Posted by Adamora 

"If i was to buy a grados headphone, aka the RS1, what $300-400 amp goes well with it?"

Here are a few that I've liked:

Gilmore Lite (dynalow)
M^3
M Stage
Headroom Micro Amp
iBasso D2+ Boa

Sent a message to justin about the gilmore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back