I want CRISPY Headphones!
Jul 4, 2011 at 4:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 65

Adamora

500+ Head-Fier
I currently listen to a pair of MD5000's and there's a certain..Crispyness in certain tracks (vocal wise) i just love it, and i want more of it! what headphones would satisfy my Crisp addiction!

If the term Crispy is off, (and im sure it is) then i could probably refer to it as some sort of bite, or impact type feeling upon hearing most male vocals (crossfade/Thousand foot krutch/Blue october).

Jul 4, 2011 at 4:50 AM Post #2 of 65
Budget?

HE-6 will meet your needs
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 4, 2011 at 6:13 AM Post #3 of 65
Beyer T1's do that the best for me.

Jul 4, 2011 at 7:51 AM Post #9 of 65
My budget is about $1000, id like to shove either an amp or dac alongside the headphone, is my Audio gd C-2C still the champ it was before?

i have to say the Hi-Fiman 500 looks like a good buy, ive seen hundred's of reviews about the K701 since i joined head-fi, never did i see them refered to as crispy D:!

Quote:
Beyer T1's do that the best for me.

Pricey...yet..i could save up more for it and forget about the dac/amp...but is that wise
blink.gif

Jul 4, 2011 at 9:33 AM Post #12 of 65

Quote:
Biscuits are not supposed to be crispy.  They're supposed to be warm, a little dry on the edges and top - and, buttery.  Yet, when you split them open they are soft and tasty. 
biggrin.gif

You've got to be from the south. (of the USA)

Jul 4, 2011 at 9:40 AM Post #13 of 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by wje /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Biscuits are not supposed to be crispy.  They're supposed to be warm, a little dry on the edges and top - and, buttery.  Yet, when you split them open they are soft and tasty. 
biggrin.gif

Umm...that's not biscuits, that's cookies you're describing. And regarding the K701, its sound is crystal clear, is that the same as crisp? I don't know hrmm

Jul 4, 2011 at 9:47 AM Post #14 of 65
Hmm, just saw this http://www.headphone.com/headphones/akg-k701-balanced-fat-pipe-upgrade.php

Since my Audio GD C-2C has XLR inputs in the back, should i go for that? is the fat pipe a good choice?

if i go for the K701 with the fat pipe, id be able to buy a dac as well.

Jul 4, 2011 at 9:50 AM Post #15 of 65

Quote:
Umm...that's not biscuits, that's cookies you're describing. And regarding the K701, its sound is crystal clear, is that the same as crisp? I don't know hrmm

I think your version of sound signature is spot on for what you're asking for.  You want to clearly hear cymbals.  You want to clearly hear instrument plucking - in great detail.  You don't want those sounds to be faint, but more pronounced.  Right?

Quote:
You've got to be from the south. (of the USA)

Actually, just Virginia - a bit below the Mason-Dixon line.  Not quite as "south" as the south one could get by say going to Savannah, Georgia and having some of Paula Dean's cooking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back