I now know how Bose Sucks
Nov 16, 2009 at 6:34 AM Post #46 of 88
I really wonder about bose qc3 sound quality, some said they sounded pretty good for a noise canceling headphone. But how about comparison with other NC headphone such as senn PXC 450? I heard that bose qc3 is overpriced, but isn't it the same with senn PXC 450?

Nov 16, 2009 at 3:21 PM Post #47 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by Seamaster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HD650 need good amp to shine. Little Dot MK V is not there.

Dude, get a clue!

MK V is the top of the line unbalanced amp from an excellent company specializing in amps. Yes, it is plenty good enough for the HD650s (and for anything else.)

Nov 16, 2009 at 3:26 PM Post #48 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogbane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dude, get a clue!

MK V is the top of the line unbalanced amp from an excellent company specializing in amps. Yes, it is plenty good enough for the HD650s (and for anything else.)

The guy is more saying that the HD650 will improve as the quality of the amp improves as well. There are better unbalanced amps out there than the MKV.
I found the MKV to be a tad bright sounding tbh.

Nov 16, 2009 at 3:31 PM Post #49 of 88
Quote:

My Triports only cost $120, which is a bargain for the excellent performance they provide, as well as an entry-level price for good phones. I have heard nothing under $150 (and very few phones under $250) that sound better.

There are many that sound better than the Triports for cheaper. Many. Just pop into the in-ear subforum sometime.

Quote:

Even after spending a lot of time with reference-level cans such as HD650 and GMP-8.300D, the Bose still sound good. How anybody can call $120 overpriced for that kind of quality is beyond me!

Remember that a preference in sound signature doesn't necessarily mean that fidelity wise that is is better or comparable.

Nov 16, 2009 at 5:03 PM Post #50 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by chinesekiwi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The guy is more saying that the HD650 will improve as the quality of the amp improves as well. There are better unbalanced amps out there than the MKV.
I found the MKV to be a tad bright sounding tbh.

Perhaps, but it is still a level playing field because the Bose also improve with a better amp.

Nov 16, 2009 at 5:04 PM Post #51 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by chinesekiwi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Remember that a preference in sound signature doesn't necessarily mean that fidelity wise that is is better or comparable.

Those who keep swearing that other phones are "better" would do well to remember that.

Nov 16, 2009 at 5:06 PM Post #52 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by iancraig10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I often reach for my Bose Foldup/portable OE headphones. I love them. Full bodied sound. Fun listen. Slighter darker than other headphones, but then again, I find a lot of headphones very sibilant.

Bose headphones are sold at major outlets in the UK as 'High End' portables. While they're not 'high end' they are not as bad as many people seem to think here imo.

I don't particularly care for the way that so many have jumped on Bose Bashing with derogatory statements and initials about them when I wonder whether many of these people have actually given them a proper listen.

I saw one review here that was detached and more honest but on the whole, I don't like the sheep attitude of people with no real opinion of their own.

They loosen up with time and this was mentioned in the review I saw some time ago. I also wonder how many people here have tried them on the end of a decent amplifier? After all, the Senn 650 is apparently dark and veiled without good amping .....

The Bose is too. try driving them with something better than an Ipod. You'll discover a full bodied and weighty sound. The headphones isolate quite well and they are one of the most comfortable OE headpones I have ever tried.

Even the title of this thread is just an assumption.

Ian

Not only are your observations entirely correct, you also expressed them well.

I do think that Bose qualify as "high end", though.

Nov 16, 2009 at 9:14 PM Post #54 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kawai_man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wonder if some of the people praising Bose so much recently are people hired by Bose to pose as real forum members , it definitely seems like that to me me at least.

Sounds like paranoia to me.

Most of us are just people who have taken time to listen for ourselves and realized that the bashers are simply wrong (and always have been.)

Nov 16, 2009 at 10:14 PM Post #55 of 88
We don't bash things because we're biased against Bose. People on this forum dislike Bose for a reason. It is because the sq/price ratio is atrocious, especially when compared to the alternatives. If Bose made a product that was worth the asking price then people on this forum would not bash it.

Nov 16, 2009 at 11:29 PM Post #56 of 88
Quote:

Dude, get a clue!

Not after hear WA22, B-52, and ZD

Nov 16, 2009 at 11:37 PM Post #57 of 88
Quote:

Most of us are just people who have taken time to listen for ourselves and realized that the bashers are simply wrong (and always have been.)

Ever heard of an opinion? Don't talk like it's such a night and day comparison. Sound quality, after a certain point, is subjective. Just as the people who took their time to listen for themselves, and decided they dislike the sound of Bose equipment (or anything else, for that matter). It's still just an opinion.

Nov 17, 2009 at 2:50 AM Post #58 of 88
i am not hired by Bose nor am i a basher of any brand. people have different preferences as we do with cars, fashion and hairstyles. also, what is expensive to some may be cheap to others. we just have to accept that fact.

i have a Bose OE non NC headphone, Denon 501, AT SQ5. for me, Bose is a bit on the expensive side. but i cannot complain with their portability and comfort. i have used it for 5hrs straight and didn't experience any discomfort. i cannot day the same with the SQ5. the bass is there and the sound is a bit muffled (sorry for the newbie term, since i am a newbie). sound quality, i prefer the Denon. but not as portable, so i only use them at home while my son brings it to school most of the time.

i am now in a quest looking for a headphone with a bose portability and comfort plus the sound quality of a denon.

Nov 17, 2009 at 6:26 AM Post #59 of 88
Quote:

Not only are your observations entirely correct, you also expressed them well.

I agree entirely.
tongue.gif

Nov 17, 2009 at 7:09 AM Post #60 of 88
I tried the QC15s today, and I must say the active noise cancelling is pretty impressive. If you don't want to wear IEM's these headphones do tend to block out an enormous amount of noise. I used my Harmon Kardon AVR 1600 earphone jack out, source was a Pioneer CD Player. The bass was so so, still a bit muddy, mids were hollow, and highs rolled off early.

Waveforms that are more constant, like a jet engine hum are more easily handled by these cans. That being said, I can't think of something to compare the QCs to @ the price point given.

We all know that Bose has Built a brand name, and that plays a large role in maintaining the higher prices. It's also part of the psychology, the customer feels he/she is getting something a lot better, because it is more expensive. ( I think this is the case with Dr. Dre Beats too).

It might be overpriced to you, but I guess it's within market norms because people are buying them. So technically it's not overpriced to the point they are not selling the product. I do use bose speakers with my Harmon Kardon, and have found them fine ( they sound better than the cube speakers put out by Sony, Panasonic, etc.). Just skip the integrated lifestyle system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back