I need some like the Sony MDR-EX71SL but more durable...
Oct 3, 2005 at 1:41 PM Post #3 of 19
My white EX70 had served me for 7 years. It was recently retired but still going strong. The white has since turn from yellowish to brownish/yellow. It depends on how you use it.

Oct 3, 2005 at 1:57 PM Post #5 of 19
i hate sony because my fontopias broke 4 times
eek.gif

Oct 3, 2005 at 3:16 PM Post #7 of 19
i use my SR 80s. because my e2cs broke. and i take care of my stuff.

well if you're looking for a sounds signature similar to that of the fontopias, i suggest the e2cs. but they break...sooooo.....get px 100s maybe?

Oct 3, 2005 at 3:39 PM Post #8 of 19
How did they break. I just noticed mine were broken last night.
frown.gif

The right bud has died.

Oct 3, 2005 at 9:30 PM Post #9 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chri5peed
frown.gif

The right bud has died.

They still under warrantee? My left side began to cut out periodically, possibly from yanking them out of my ears by the cord
frown.gif
so I contacted Shure and sent them to the States to be repaired. They did so and sent me a new pair, in a new sealed box with new foamies and all.

The only downside was that it took them like 3 or 4 months!! I called about 5 times, first they said they didn't have them on file, then they *found* them but didn't send them out, then they lost them again... in the end though, all I had to pay was for shipping to get em there and that was pretty cheap. Esure your shipping method is trackable and make sure to get a signature, just in case they "can't find them"
rolleyes.gif

Oct 3, 2005 at 10:09 PM Post #10 of 19
Quote:

frown.gif

The right bud has died.

well, twice one of the buds ceased functioning. This time, the wire got stuck in a car door and the wire was stripped. I'm just going to buy it again as I do find them to be the most comfortable out of others I've tried and the sound is good enough for me (considering the price).

Oct 3, 2005 at 10:34 PM Post #11 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by muckshot
They still under warrantee? My left side began to cut out periodically, possibly from yanking them out of my ears by the cord
frown.gif
so I contacted Shure and sent them to the States to be repaired. They did so and sent me a new pair, in a new sealed box with new foamies and all.

The only downside was that it took them like 3 or 4 months!! I called about 5 times, first they said they didn't have them on file, then they *found* them but didn't send them out, then they lost them again... in the end though, all I had to pay was for shipping to get em there and that was pretty cheap. Esure your shipping method is trackable and make sure to get a signature, just in case they "can't find them"
rolleyes.gif

Why didn't you send them to S.F. Marketing, the Canadian distributor of Shure. I sent my E4 for repair and the whole process was less than 2 weeks. The place is on Montreal too.

Oct 3, 2005 at 10:34 PM Post #12 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by muckshot
They still under warrantee?

My 580s are nearly a year old, wow!
eek.gif

My Shures are older, so unless they do a 2-year warranty, no they're not.
frown.gif

Oct 3, 2005 at 10:51 PM Post #13 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Neverender
i use my SR 80s. because my e2cs broke. and i take care of my stuff.

well if you're looking for a sounds signature similar to that of the fontopias, i suggest the e2cs. but they break...sooooo.....get px 100s maybe?

but the sound on the e2c is not any better than the fontopia? I was just looking into it now. Also, how easily do they break? I see it has a 2 year warranty (I think Sony's is only 90 days)

Oct 3, 2005 at 11:03 PM Post #14 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyD2k
but the sound on the e2c is not any better than the fontopia? I was just looking into it now. Also, how easily do they break? I see it has a 2 year warranty (I think Sony's is only 90 days)

Lol, SQ of the e2cs compared with the fontopias or even the 71s is a different league.

Oct 3, 2005 at 11:05 PM Post #15 of 19
Quote:

Lol, SQ of the e2cs compared with the fontopias or even the 71s is a different league.

just wanted to make sure
smily_headphones1.gif
How comfortable are they

Users who are viewing this thread

Back