I need some like the Sony MDR-EX71SL but more durable...
Oct 3, 2005 at 11:25 PM Post #16 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyD2k
just wanted to make sure
smily_headphones1.gif
How comfortable are they

Lol, thats the rub, literally. Its really down to personal preference, I couldn't tell you.

That goes for most IEMs. Although getting the super soft sleeves for the e2cs makes a big difference in comfort to anyone, like rubbing cotton wool on your head would be more comfortable than using sandpaper.
wink.gif

Oct 4, 2005 at 6:09 AM Post #17 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by BST07
Why didn't you send them to S.F. Marketing, the Canadian distributor of Shure. I sent my E4 for repair and the whole process was less than 2 weeks. The place is on Montreal too.

I bought them on Ecost (based in the US) and SF told me they only deal with Shure products pruchased in Canada.

Oct 4, 2005 at 6:58 AM Post #18 of 19
Look into the Panasonic RP-HJE50, the Sharp MD33, the Creative EP-630, or other phones that come in the same form factor as the EX71 but with far better SQ
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 4, 2005 at 7:25 AM Post #19 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyD2k
but the sound on the e2c is not any better than the fontopia? I was just looking into it now. Also, how easily do they break? I see it has a 2 year warranty (I think Sony's is only 90 days)

I wouldn't even want to test Sony's warranty service. AFAIK Shure has been great. My pair broke after 2 months, and they sent me a new replacement 3 weeks later for free. Not bad at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back