I need a new Mouse! What do you recommend?
Jul 2, 2007 at 2:54 AM Post #32 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hermitt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
MS brought back the IE explorer 3.0 for good reason. It's the best mouse they ever developed. and most reliable
tongue.gif

Amen to that. My paint is wearing off after several years of use.

Jul 2, 2007 at 3:13 AM Post #33 of 103
I got the MS Wireless Laser Mouse 6000 (in black) at Costco and it's really great precision for a portable mouse. It sports a hi-def laser (for what it's worth) and the horizontal scrolling and zoom features are also nice. Costco has a good price. It seems to sell elsewhere for at least $15 more.

Jul 2, 2007 at 6:25 AM Post #35 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by cisforchooch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got the MS Wireless Laser Mouse 6000 (in black) at Costco and it's really great precision for a portable mouse. It sports a hi-def laser (for what it's worth) and the horizontal scrolling and zoom features are also nice. Costco has a good price. It seems to sell elsewhere for at least $15 more.

I won that exact mouse, and while its ok, I don't think its as good as my MX510 for gaming.

Its very nice in windows though, with the nice smooth scroll wheel.

Jul 2, 2007 at 6:54 AM Post #36 of 103
So long as you avoid laser mice, you're in good hands.

For my two favorite, Razer Deathadder and Logitech MX518. MX518 is what I use, but I really like the Deathadder too. It's not like other Razer mice at all.

Jul 2, 2007 at 6:58 AM Post #38 of 103
I use both the Razer Copperhead and the G7, and I can tell you both the Revolutions are more comfortable, and you can get them quite cheap too. Btw, that's if you're a palm mouser. Get the Razer Deathadder if you're a finger user
smily_headphones1.gif

Getting a mousepad is important too. I use the Everglide Titan DKT and it has a moderate glide and spring to it, but an Icemat glass mouse pad is also great for control.

Jul 2, 2007 at 7:40 AM Post #40 of 103
I've been using the Razer Copperhead and I find it works really well. My hands are fairly small so the size isn't an issue and I really like the side buttons. The sensor has been great. I would definitely recommend giving it a try.

Jul 2, 2007 at 8:06 AM Post #41 of 103
a year ago i bought the top of the range logitech wireless laser mouse (mx1000?). it was so heavy ( i have large hands) and cumbersome, and laggy, that i took it straight back. i had read that hardcore gamers still don't generally use wireless mice because of lagginess, and now i see why. i went straight back to my cheapo logitech corded optical which is so fast and light in comparison.

seems its like mobile phones, now they are getting massive again, to fit all the crap in.

anyone else had these problems?

Jul 2, 2007 at 8:17 AM Post #42 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by Exit Pupil /img/forum/go_quote.gif
a year ago i bought the top of the range logitech wireless laser mouse (mx1000?). it was so heavy ( i have large hands) and cumbersome, and laggy, that i took it straight back. i had read that hardcore gamers still don't generally use wireless mice because of lagginess, and now i see why. i went straight back to my cheapo logitech corded optical which is so fast and light in comparison.

seems its like mobile phones, now they are getting massive again, to fit all the crap in.

anyone else had these problems?

One of my old clanmates had the MX1000. He couldn't figure out how people "quickswitch" in Counter Strike Source. That is where you fire a shot, and hit Q twice very fast to switch to your knife and back to your AWP (q = last weapon). This saves time in practice.

However, because of his MX1000, he would hit Mouse1 then hit QQ, and his keyboard always registered before his mouse! After some convincing, he bought a G5, and he absolutely couldn't believe how responsive it was.

Jul 2, 2007 at 8:41 AM Post #43 of 103
Quote:

Originally Posted by Redo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One of my old clanmates had the MX1000. He couldn't figure out how people "quickswitch" in Counter Strike Source. That is where you fire a shot, and hit Q twice very fast to switch to your knife and back to your AWP (q = last weapon). This saves time in practice.

However, because of his MX1000, he would hit Mouse1 then hit QQ, and his keyboard always registered before his mouse! After some convincing, he bought a G5, and he absolutely couldn't believe how responsive it was.

i wasn't even using it for games! just surfing the net.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back