I need a Hyper-detailed IEM??
Jun 8, 2012 at 2:04 PM Post #17 of 31
Quote:
+1

$18 and more detail than most of the others i've listened to.

Which are?
Even though perhaps the FXC40 is a good value for it's price, I don't see it beating a TWFK-driver any soon, especially the likes of Brainwavz B2 and CK10...

Their technical capabilities are just too far apart... and so is the price-range...

Jun 8, 2012 at 2:18 PM Post #18 of 31
Quote:
Which are?
Even though perhaps the FXC40 is a good value for it's price, I don't see it beating a TWFK-driver any soon, especially the likes of Brainwavz B2 and CK10...

Their technical capabilities are just too far apart... and so is the price-range...

For what it's worth, it's no worse than the FXT90 in terms of detail, dynamics, etc. It also has a better sub-bass presence. I actually prefer it to the FXT90 before even factoring the price ratio.

Jun 8, 2012 at 2:23 PM Post #19 of 31
I agree with Xinrr, I think as universals go, dba-02 must be pinnacle I detail at most prices. The transparency is beyond awesome. I'm sure th Fx40 is great but I doubts it's on a TWFK level

Jun 8, 2012 at 2:24 PM Post #20 of 31
Quote:
Which are?

I was just confirming a suggestion.

I don't have the widest experience, but i've listened to a few BA headphones. the FX40s are well above their price range in detail and clarity, and its nanotube infused microdriver isn't the typical dynamic driver.

that being said, it's $19 and i figured it wouldn't set the OP back that much to try. all the other typical analytical options were already suggested.

Jun 12, 2012 at 3:09 AM Post #26 of 31
For under your budget I say DBA-02/Fischer B2s, or RE-0.

For no budget the most detailed universal I've heard is Audio-Technica's CK100pro. That thing is violently revealing, more so than anything at or below its price bracket. I can't speak for the ultra high-end universals like the FI-BA-SS, K3003 or the Fitears to-go though.

Jun 14, 2012 at 2:38 AM Post #27 of 31
Quote:
I was just confirming a suggestion.

I don't have the widest experience, but i've listened to a few BA headphones. the FX40s are well above their price range in detail and clarity, and its nanotube infused microdriver isn't the typical dynamic driver.

that being said, it's $19 and i figured it wouldn't set the OP back that much to try. all the other typical analytical options were already suggested.

I'll double confirm that suggestion, they sound pretty close to the Magneplanar electrostatic door panels I was fooling around with 20 years back.

But it seems TS is not interested due perhaps to the lowly $20 prices,

May I suggest the FXD80Z then, even though it's only just released.  
tongue.gif

PS: I've not heard these yet, thus the disclaimer!

Jun 15, 2012 at 7:41 AM Post #29 of 31
Quote:
hey all those fx40 fans does this comes on par with re0 , dba-02 , er4p and other high-end earphone which counts for their clarity?

If you can get FX40 for 20.00 or so, get that first. If it floats your boat, done. If not, you've not lost all that much. 
smile.gif

Besides, it's nice to have a beater set for different situations in the event you get something more costly and it proves heavenly.

Jun 15, 2012 at 7:51 AM Post #30 of 31
You all know what I'm going to say, Rockit Sounds R-50.  For $119.99 you can't go wrong, its a more musical and fun sounding version of the DBA-02/B2 that still has all the detail and micro detail of those 2.  Uses a TWFK driver like the others and it has a very nice open and airy soundstage with good punchy bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back