i love microsoft peripherals!
Jul 23, 2009 at 9:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 48

Al4x

Headphoneus Supremus
i dont think im gonna bash microsoft any more..

i just been buying a few pc peripherals in anticipation of my new corner desk,

picked up a microsoft 700 entertainment keyboard and 800 mouse, [bluetooth] i gotta say the keyboard is fantastic!
its got mouse buttons, a little touch pad, media controls, customisable keys, and is a very nice, silver, dark silver colour, with keys like a laptop,

the mouse is nice too, symetrical, sort scroller, laser, fits the hand well, i also have a sidewinder joystick, and microsoft/razer habu mouse wired [which is really nice!]

for all the stick microsoft gets the hardware they make is top notch imo, this keyboard really is lovely!

edt, the non key bits are slightly shiny in colour, not matt, it really is a gonna look nice on the desk

Jul 23, 2009 at 9:29 PM Post #2 of 48
The stuff with Microsoft's name on it can be very good. I used one of their ergo keyboards for years, and their standard optical wheel mice hold up well in a dirty factory environment.

I wonder who makes these peripherals for them.

I've switched to buying mostly Logitech, they seem to have an edge, IMO, in quality, and I like their software better. Their customer service is top notch, in my experience.

Jul 23, 2009 at 9:34 PM Post #4 of 48
Is the keyboard bluetooth? I remember people complaining of the IR microsoft keyboard as pretty crappy.

Quote:

its got mouse buttons,

My joystick has mouse control and buttons too. Beat ya.

Jul 23, 2009 at 9:37 PM Post #5 of 48
yeah bluetooth, ir would be a pain!

its snazzy, its a tiny little pad but its real easy to use, [being used to a laptop] obviously not as easy as a mouse, but it is fully functional

Jul 23, 2009 at 10:44 PM Post #7 of 48
I picked up a wireless keyboard/mouse setup 3 years ago by M$... I'm not very happy with it considering the space bar broke out and now every time it falls off the desk I have to look for it. Then there's my M$ wireless G adaptor that doesn't have WPA support or wireless N support... Exactly what my network is... I can still get internet off the neighbors, but it's perty damned slow (They're ~100-200ft away)

Jul 23, 2009 at 11:24 PM Post #8 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by tenzip /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The stuff with Microsoft's name on it can be very good. I used one of their ergo keyboards for years, and their standard optical wheel mice hold up well in a dirty factory environment.

I wonder who makes these peripherals for them.

....they do? Their hardware isn't rebranded generics; they design it.

MS's keyboards are hands down the best I've ever used (and I've used a lot), especially their ergos. Their mice are very comfortable, and the only place where Logitech beats them is gaming in my book.

Jul 23, 2009 at 11:45 PM Post #9 of 48
I love my Microsoft intellimouse optical. I had the same one for at least ten years and it always performed well and was very comfortable to boot. I just got back from Fry's and while I was there I bought my second intellimouse because the first one is finally starting to show its age. I hope for another decade of good performance and service from the new one.

Jul 24, 2009 at 12:17 AM Post #10 of 48
Microsoft keyboard are awesome. I've had the chance to use a G11, and other generics, and I still prefer my Comfort Curve 2000 for quietness and key response. Plus, it's nice and cheap.

Their mice are also quite good, but for gaming I still prefer Logitech - I run the CC2000 and the G5 side by side on both desktops.
biggrin.gif

Jul 24, 2009 at 12:25 AM Post #12 of 48
I've had a few microsoft keyboards but I've settled on razer for my mice and keyboards these days.

Jul 24, 2009 at 4:31 AM Post #14 of 48
Just bought the new Microsoft Wireless Mobile 6000 (with Blue Track) and it works great, feels good, looks nice.

Jul 24, 2009 at 6:22 AM Post #15 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoubleEs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I use the 360 pad for gaming, it's easily the best pad I've used on the PC
smile_phones.gif

Same here, the wireless receiver works great.. I love being able to kick back and play pc games untethered. The analog triggers are perfect for some casual driving game fun too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back