I just bagged me a free touch
Oct 19, 2009 at 2:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

timmyGCSE

500+ Head-Fier
I'm a happy chappy..I moderate on a large UK e-tailer's forum, for free, never expected anything in return, all the mods are not employees or anything - well I just got an e-mail from one of the admins (all the admins are employees) saying thanks for all the help choose from an ipod touch 8GB, new ipod nano 8GB, Q9550 (quad core CPU), some motherboards or a 4GB shuffle and a motherboard.
I wrote back and said well thankyou so very much I shall have the touch pl0x!
k701smile.gif

Oct 19, 2009 at 3:01 PM Post #4 of 16
I'm rather shocked! will be sent some other stuff too like fleeces and t-shirts (as long as I don't mind walking down the street in an intel fleece
tongue_smile.gif
). Now the question is do I keep the ipod and own my first ever apple product, or sell it on and get some Denon D1001's
evil_smiley.gif

edit: thread title seems a bit ominous eh..haha. I would give it to the missus but I already gave her my clip and she doesn't use it. I think I will sell it on because I don't need it but then I don't particularly need Denons either

Oct 19, 2009 at 3:42 PM Post #6 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by squid+ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you don't really need either, cash is always good, heh.

well I kinda feel like if I did sell it on I should buy something that I wouldn't usually buy (I'd already planned some UM1/UM2's and at some point in the future the Denons), kinda like its unexpected so why not try something new (but still audio related). I don't know what though
popcorn.gif

Oct 19, 2009 at 3:49 PM Post #7 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by timmyGCSE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm rather shocked! will be sent some other stuff too like fleeces and t-shirts (as long as I don't mind walking down the street in an intel fleece
tongue_smile.gif
). Now the question is do I keep the ipod and own my first ever apple product, or sell it on and get some Denon D1001's
evil_smiley.gif

edit: thread title seems a bit ominous eh..haha. I would give it to the missus but I already gave her my clip and she doesn't use it. I think I will sell it on because I don't need it but then I don't particularly need Denons either

well do you already have the abomination that is itunes installed already? if not then id just sell the thing unused. otherwise give a it ago see if you like it

Oct 19, 2009 at 4:07 PM Post #8 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well do you already have the abomination that is itunes installed already? if not then id just sell the thing unused. otherwise give a it ago see if you like it

well no I don't..see I've vowed never to buy an apple product..
but since I won't actually be buying it, it's kinda a quandry.
And I don't want to squander the money/open something I won't use in the long run because I've spent a heck of alot of time and effort with the forum and its nice to get something back

Oct 19, 2009 at 5:39 PM Post #10 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by timmyGCSE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well no I don't..see I've vowed never to buy an apple product..
but since I won't actually be buying it, it's kinda a quandry.
And I don't want to squander the money/open something I won't use in the long run because I've spent a heck of alot of time and effort with the forum and its nice to get something back

well the big prob i thnk with ipods is fecking itunes. its an abomination

Oct 20, 2009 at 1:41 AM Post #11 of 16
Very cool. I've been eschewing the Touch as something trendy and popular, but my brothers girlfriend picked one up recently and let me spend some time with it and I was pleasantly surprised with the variety of cheap casual games. I think Sony and Nintendo should be wary; as the price gets cheaper, it will likely become the default handheld gaming console.

Oct 20, 2009 at 8:06 AM Post #13 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Triggster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Some people get all the luck.
tongue_smile.gif

a familiar username...
evil_smiley.gif

Oct 20, 2009 at 9:02 AM Post #14 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Even if itunes was great, ipods would STILL not be drag/drop media players with great sound quality. And therefore are abominations in and of themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back