I *heart* Bose! (The Official Appreciation Thread)
Mar 29, 2009 at 6:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 56

Rainbow Randy

Formerly known as Chicomm4
May this be a haven for sensible folk given to the soothing sounds of Bose headphones.

As for the rest of you: Landlubbers, steer clear.

Mar 29, 2009 at 6:45 AM Post #4 of 56
never thought anyone would make a thread like this here ;p

but since ive never heard them i cant say anything about them..good or bad

Mar 29, 2009 at 7:02 AM Post #5 of 56
I can't decide whether this thread was meant to be serious or not..

In any case, I'll attest to the comfort of the QC2 around ears. The pads are very soft albeit kinda warm.

Mar 29, 2009 at 7:02 AM Post #6 of 56
very comfortable even more so than D2000...

the sound when overly amped, and eq it might sound good...

Mar 29, 2009 at 7:10 AM Post #9 of 56
anybody tried modding them? different drivers in the phones? keep the comfort and the sound quality. changed the name to "bile" or something?

Mar 29, 2009 at 7:47 AM Post #10 of 56
Wow. Tinder thread detected.

I only heard the in ears for a short amount of time, so I won't comment on how good/bad their headphones are. I highly suggest anyone else who hasn't done a in-depth A/B comparison to do the same.

Mar 29, 2009 at 8:00 AM Post #11 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by KONAKONA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow. Tinder thread detected.

I only heard the in ears for a short amount of time, so I won't comment on how good/bad their headphones are. I highly suggest anyone else who hasn't done a in-depth A/B comparison to do the same.

I hope they were at least better than your Sparkplugs. Those things are probably the worse sounding phones I've ever bought.

Mar 29, 2009 at 8:28 AM Post #12 of 56
They weren't mine. Although I don't think they were any better. I didn't do a good A/B comparison at the time, but from the tiny bit I heard I can say a liked the sparkplugs better. Just preference though

I liked my (modded) sparkplugs, they isolated enough that a nuke could go off behind you and you wouldn't notice, they also loved to grab your eardrum and shake it for its life. They spent most of their life hiding under my hair supplying one of my ears with bass heavy music, and doing a good job. Once I heard the portapros I haven't listened to them since though.
tongue.gif

Mar 29, 2009 at 8:51 AM Post #14 of 56
OP, I think your ears are broken. The QC's that I was given as a gift sound like absolute crap. They just collect dust until it's time to fly somewhere. That's about all they are good for, noise cancellation... and they don't even do that well (hence why I've gone the isolation route and purchased Ety's).

Mar 29, 2009 at 9:20 AM Post #15 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by subjekt32 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OP, I think your ears are broken. The QC's that I was given as a gift sound like absolute crap. They just collect dust until it's time to fly somewhere. That's about all they are good for, noise cancellation... and they don't even do that well (hence why I've gone the isolation route and purchased Ety's).

Let's get it clear from the onset that in this thread, flamers are not welcome. If you don't appreciate a certain brand, why are you in their appreciation thread? Everyone has different visions of the Bose sound equipment, and if your (very) subjective opinion differs, so be it. Just stop trying to convince other people that their own opinions are crap.

The Bose headphones I have have actually served my quite well in the 3 months I've owned them. They definitely have a different sound 'signature' than the real music, but they're designed in such a way that low bitrate music doesn't sound horrible. They're marketed toward the average consumer, and the average consumer thinks 128kbps songs are all the rage.

If you'd like to see an honest review (don't kill me for self marketing - it's as on topic as I could be) please view this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back