I Guess I'm Just Unlucky
Feb 18, 2004 at 12:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

Trawlerman

A British ingredient in our rockin' international gumbo.
Some of you may already know that I had my motorcyle stolen at the weekend.

It was a 6 month old Honda 100CC Scooter. It wasn't worth a massive amount of money but it was mine and it was paid for. Thieves came to my house on Friday evening and cut through the two high tensile steel cables that were securing and they also brought suitable tools to lift the ground anchor that it was also chained to.

The bike has Smartwater component tagging and an immobiliser but I don't expect to ever hear anything of it again.

I called the police as soon as I was aware that it was missing. They didn't even turn out to take a statement or check the scene of crime. They issued me with a crime number and said good luck.

I had gotten the motorcycle to replace my car that had been vandalised. Thieves had broken into my garage (in addition to three others down my street), and drilled the locks out the door panels to gain access. The car had an immobiliser fitted so they couldn't get it started. They tore the surround from the steering column and damaged the ignition beyong repair as well as tearing the wiring loom out. The damage would have cost three times the value of the car to repair hence it got written of.

I cannot get another motor vehicle due to cost restraints and the fact that I cannot now get insurance for another vehicle.

Anyway, tonight I decided to go to the cinema on my pedal cycle, the only transport I have now. I locked it up thoroughly with three different locks. I removed all fittings that could be removed and made sure that the wheels could not be removed.
Well..... I was only in the cinema less than two hours. When i left the Security Officer wanted to see me and he told me that my bike had been vandalised. Tires slashed, brake/gear cables cut, seat stolen and light fittings and cables damaged beyond repair.

I am gutted. I'm pretty much sick of the thieving bastards (pardon my language) that I have to live with. Once again i'm now without transport. What do I have to do to keep a set of wheels on the road? I can't even make a claim on this because it will be the second time in less than a week that this has happened and the third time in six months.

Feb 18, 2004 at 12:13 AM Post #2 of 30
jeez mick ,i don't know what to say man
frown.gif

where was everyone while your bike was being vandalized ?

no witnesses ?

or just not talking

I'd be pissed man

walking the streets looking for my crap

and god help the culprits if i found them because i am not a merciful person when it comes to sc*mbags !

probably end up with no bike due to its being utterly destroyed from beating the crap out of those a*sholes with it
mad.gif

"you like my bike ?"

[size=medium]WHAMMO ![/size]

"how you like it NOW hmmmmm?"

Feb 18, 2004 at 12:35 AM Post #3 of 30
Wow. Thats really depressing to hear.

...I take it you live in the city somewhere...damn hooligan kids.

Feb 18, 2004 at 1:53 AM Post #6 of 30
Man, that is enough to make you see red! I have zero tolerance for theives and vandals.

Hope things work out for you!

Feb 18, 2004 at 7:24 AM Post #7 of 30
Jeez mate, sounds like your having a pretty bad time at the moment, I never thought hull would be so bad
rolleyes.gif
its funny people say that its like that where I live, but I've had no such bad luck, ever, oh well
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
I hope these people lose their testicles in a freak, but painful accident, what goes around comes around
mad.gif

Feb 18, 2004 at 7:31 AM Post #9 of 30
Wow that's terrible luck, the area must really be a tough one! I sure hope the silver lining inside the cloud shows up soon, 'cause you deserve it!

Feb 18, 2004 at 8:04 AM Post #10 of 30
That really sucks. It's hard to believe that people like that exist just to make other people's lives hell to satisfy their greed. But honestly, I would be considering moving to a safer neighborhood. If they got into your garage and vandalized your car they might next get into your house and who knows what might happen, especially if you are in it when it happens.
frown.gif

Hope things get better for you.

Feb 18, 2004 at 8:22 AM Post #11 of 30
where do youlive?
I feel for you man,
my amps and stuff got jacked and i'm really missin my record collection.

but a good way to look at it is that it is just stuff (i know that's harrd to admit around these parts) and to know that you're safe and sound is what's important.

Feb 18, 2004 at 9:58 AM Post #14 of 30
According to the First Nations band that I use to live with, bad luck comes in threes before something good happens. You had yours, so let's hope that there is some substance to the myth, and good luck is just around the corner.

D.

Feb 18, 2004 at 12:35 PM Post #15 of 30
It almost sounds like you are systematically being attacked; did you piss of a person or persons recently? I'm serious. The whole affair seems far too connected to be coincidence. Is someone trying to prevent you from living your life or is it simply random thugs committing crimes that always seem to hit you? It's hard to believe anyone could be THAT unlucky, but maybe it is just bad luck. I hope you resolve the matter soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back