I GOT IN I GOT IN
Mar 17, 2004 at 12:18 AM Post #31 of 93
Quote:

Originally posted by minya
Is your girlfriend going to *ahem* congratulate you?

- Chris

LOL!

Well, if he can get into MIT, then surely he can get... nahh.
tongue.gif

Mar 17, 2004 at 3:50 AM Post #36 of 93
Dude, I am SO jealous. Well, no, as I'm not college age yet. I really want to get into M.I.T. as well, though. Just need to get a 1600 on SAT and a 36 on ACT
biggrin.gif

If I may ask, what was 'special' about you that you think caught their eye? When I was talking with them at a college fair awhile ago, they said as long as you're in their neccesary score range, it doesn't matter if you're at the bottom or top. They said they really are looking for something unique that you can offer.

Any help for a future hopeful?

EDIT: Forgot, CONGRATS!

(-:Stephonovich:)

Mar 17, 2004 at 4:00 AM Post #37 of 93
attached is my resume that I sent to some of my schools. It's out of date now, but eh.
Thanks for all the support guys, this really is a great feeling. Now, it's between MIT and Penn State Honors. With work-study and all, I'd be paying 12k/year at MIT for everything. We'll just have to see.

Nevertheless, I just had the realization that in August, I'm GONE. For some reason it hadn't hit me until now. I'm calling my gf again.
frown.gif

Mar 17, 2004 at 4:02 AM Post #38 of 93
Quote:

I'm calling my gf again.

yeah, if she doesn't put out now you're really in trouble.

Mar 17, 2004 at 4:03 AM Post #39 of 93
Congrats and welcome to the club!

(MIT class of 78.....I'm not the ceremonial old guy for nothing!)

Don't worry about the money, it is worth it...you'll make back the difference later.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 17, 2004 at 4:06 AM Post #40 of 93
Quote:

Originally posted by andrzejpw
attached is my resume that I sent to some of my schools. It's out of date now, but eh.

blink.gif
blink.gif
No wonder you got in.

A friend of mine got into MIT's graduate EE program -- she got only one B her entire college career, and no A-'s once they changed over to the +/- system. Yea, she was nuts. Maybe why I dated her.
rolleyes.gif

MIT +12k per year, vs. Penn State honors...I think I'd still take MIT in a heartbeat. Not that honors programs are bad, mind you (I was in UMD's "gemstone" program, which is a form of honors program)...but given the choice with some out of pocket I'd choose MIT. Certainly a nice choice to have!

Mar 17, 2004 at 4:13 AM Post #41 of 93
Very impressive resumé, I must say. #1 out of 343 is dang good. Only problem here is that I'm homeschooled. Now, M.I.T said that yes, homeschoolers have and can get in, but it's obviously a bit more difficult, since you don't really have as many benchmarks, and there's not as many chances for extracurricular activities. I'll take ACT, obviously, but other than that, 4-H is about the only thing I'm involved in. I hate most competitive sports, so that's out. Although I've never tried Fencing
biggrin.gif

(-:Stephonovich:)

Mar 17, 2004 at 4:23 AM Post #42 of 93
Quote:

attached is my resume that I sent to some of my schools.

A few questions & comments--

650 hours, SHEESH! You spent a few summers there?
smily_headphones1.gif

How did you hear about the apprenticeship programs?

What's the "Distinguished Alumni Nation Youth Leadership Forum: 2003 Technology Nominee"? I can't find anything on it on Google.

Similarly, I was under the impression that the Presidential Classroom Program was something you applied to -- how were you nominated for it?

Anyway, you've inspired me to do some digging... my resume needs some awards etc.
smily_headphones1.gif

[ed: Good point (and nice touch) Jude. I hereby nominate Andrzej for Head-Fi Overachiever of the, uh, Decade Award!
biggrin.gif
]

Mar 17, 2004 at 5:26 AM Post #43 of 93
[size=xx-small] Quote:

attached is my resume that I sent to some of my schools....

[/size]If you cut off about 90% of that, and erase 50% of what's left, then you'd have some idea of what my curriculum vitae would have looked like at your age.
wink.gif

I am a little offended, however, that you didn't add this one line at the very end of your resume:

"And all of this while posting over 6000 times at Head-Fi!"

tongue.gif

Congratulations, man!

Mar 17, 2004 at 5:36 AM Post #44 of 93
Quote:

Originally posted by jude
Members' Lounge (General Discussion -- Congrats, andrzejpw!)

nice touch jude.
smily_headphones1.gif

(i get one for certifiably inane when i graduate med school right?
tongue.gif
)

Mar 17, 2004 at 5:52 AM Post #45 of 93
Quote:

Originally posted by eric343

What's the "Distinguished Alumni Nation Youth Leadership Forum: 2003 Technology Nominee"? I can't find anything on it on Google.

I did that forum except for law. It's basically a bunch of horny teenagers ditching lectures and hooking up for the low low price of $1700 per week under the guise of pre-career guidance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back