I am now torn between what to do! Denon D2000, D5000, HD600, HD598, HD650 or?
Mar 25, 2012 at 2:33 PM Post #61 of 67

Quote:
The difference is pretty obvious.... The bass is a lot less boomy and flabby sounding

Honestly the bass is not flabby sounding, nor is it boomy.
Boomy bass is something that is highly prominent around 30-120Hz, well atleast for me it is.
And the denons have a almost completly flat response curve from 30-1000Hz, so it aint boomy.
Well I guess if you come from something like a Senn HD650 you would think it is boomy.

Mar 25, 2012 at 2:38 PM Post #62 of 67
No i had the D2000 then swapped them for the HD650...

Don't get me wrong the Denon D2000 bass is at times some of the best bass I have heard... But on some tracks it DOES sound flabby and boomy lol....

This is the reason why you can buy modded pads and there is a like 500 page thread on how to stop this....

The Denon D2000 are very nice headphones but the bass can SOMETIMES sound flabby and sometimes it is awesome..... With the mod it sounds less boomy and more controlled.

I may get a pair of D5000 to compliment my HD650 at some point although I dont really have enough money at the moment.

Mar 25, 2012 at 4:53 PM Post #63 of 67

Quote:
No i had the D2000 then swapped them for the HD650...

Don't get me wrong the Denon D2000 bass is at times some of the best bass I have heard... But on some tracks it DOES sound flabby and boomy lol....

This is the reason why you can buy modded pads and there is a like 500 page thread on how to stop this....

The Denon D2000 are very nice headphones but the bass can SOMETIMES sound flabby and sometimes it is awesome..... With the mod it sounds less boomy and more controlled.

I may get a pair of D5000 to compliment my HD650 at some point although I dont really have enough money at the moment.

I admit it. You are right.
I just havent heard the right tracks to hear the flappy bass, did now:/

Mar 25, 2012 at 10:43 PM Post #65 of 67
D5000 's arrived today, listening as we speak!

so far with out any burn in under half hour used very organic sound, the treble might make the female vocals abit unnatural (abit of sibilance) but so far so good. If still apparent when these are worn in not afraid of a lil eq.

Mar 29, 2012 at 7:50 PM Post #66 of 67

Quote:
D5000 's arrived today, listening as we speak!

so far with out any burn in under half hour used very organic sound, the treble might make the female vocals abit unnatural (abit of sibilance) but so far so good. If still apparent when these are worn in not afraid of a lil eq.

If you EQ them at 5-10khz range by about 3db that should help the sibilance quite a lot. 7-10khz is the worst area on those headphones for this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back