Htc One
Jul 6, 2013 at 12:07 PM Post #378 of 533
Greetings, fellow head-fiers

I am planning to get my own HTC One toy a month from now.
Has any compared The One with the Sansa Clip+? Currently the sansa, paired with Westone 3s, is my on the go setup. I assume W3s will be driven well by the one, since the phones are 27 ohm.
It is a bit discouraging to read about white noise hiss coming from such a marvel of a phone.

Your answers are greatly appreciated.

Jul 6, 2013 at 2:22 PM Post #380 of 533
Quote:
Ignore the guff about hiss.

the output on the one is class leading

Wouldn't quite go that far, but - yes, it is good enough to power my Tzar 350's cleanly, so - that is saying something :)

Jul 6, 2013 at 4:29 PM Post #383 of 533
Interesting since I think my GS4 sounds just as good, if not better than my old iPhone 4. I also think that my GR01 sounds just as good with just the GS4 as with the E17 as a DAC. 
Quote:
As much as I hate to say this, I think the iPhone 4 was better (cleaner)...

:frowning2:

Jul 6, 2013 at 4:53 PM Post #384 of 533
As much as I hate to say this, I think the iPhone 4 was better (cleaner)...

:frowning2:

Oddly enough, I much preferred the Sensation over my old 3GS and the 4. The iPhone's sound a bit closed in and wooden to me. My HTC one sounds far more involving and musical than the wife's i5.

And my old 5.5g iPod, and my Cowon x5l and the new Acer V5 laptop I have. Sounds better than my works (Dell) PC which I think is decent.

Maybe I'm suffering from owner bias, but every now and then I go and play my old stuff and I find myself looking for the HTC fairly soon.

Jul 6, 2013 at 5:39 PM Post #385 of 533
Quote:
Maybe I'm suffering from owner bias, but every now and then I go and play my old stuff and I find myself looking for the HTC fairly soon.

Maybe...

If you have followed my posts in this thread, I've loved, hated, loathed, and respected the HP out of the One (an early adopter, had it since March 29th)...

Jul 7, 2013 at 10:28 AM Post #388 of 533
Had a proper A-B comparison with my wife's I5 today.

I just think the One has more Zing up top and more grunt down below. It's more alive, fun, musical, but not at the cost of transparency or neutrality.

I stand by my comment, it really is class leading "Class leader" is a matter of preference though as the top phones all sound fab really

Jul 7, 2013 at 6:46 PM Post #389 of 533
Quote:
Had a proper A-B comparison with my wife's I5 today.

I just think the One has more Zing up top and more grunt down below. It's more alive, fun, musical, but not at the cost of transparency or neutrality.

I stand by my comment, it really is class leading "Class leader" is a matter of preference though as the top phones all sound fab really

That was a blind and volume matched test?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back