How to heal a scraped face
Jan 20, 2009 at 12:44 AM Post #16 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by olblueyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A dermatologist will apply Vaseline to the wound ...

i believe what olblueyez said about vaseline is correct. i was at the dermatologist not too long ago and had some tissue removed from my face for a biopsy. doctor simply told me to apply vaseline to the wound and to cover it up with gauze and bandaid.

but either way, you should definitely go see a dermatologist.

Jan 20, 2009 at 1:28 AM Post #18 of 36
There is a remarkable product called "Bag Balm" that works wonders on minor skin abrasions. It helps abrasions heal faster than anything else I've used including most of what has already been mentioned here. It simply works.

Good luck. What ever you do I hope you heal quickly.

Jan 20, 2009 at 1:31 AM Post #19 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by torres /img/forum/go_quote.gif
SCARS are good.. you see the man from final fantasy 8..lol~~he is so handsome with a scar on his face

SIGGED!
tongue_smile.gif

Jan 20, 2009 at 2:11 AM Post #21 of 36
Vitamin A&D ointment, the best i've ever used. I use it on my kids, patients, etc...

Jan 20, 2009 at 5:35 AM Post #23 of 36
Bepanthen cream. Scratches heal much faster after applying it.

Jan 20, 2009 at 8:56 AM Post #25 of 36
Thanks for the input guys! I guess the gist is to keep it hydrated, disinfected, and bandaged.

I've done the first two, but don't have bandages/gauze handy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cash68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

PS: Chicks dig scars.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockCity /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Walk Outside
Chicks Dig Scars

-Courage Wolf

Quote:

Originally Posted by torres /img/forum/go_quote.gif
SCARS are good.. you see the man from final fantasy 8..lol~~he is so handsome with a scar on his face

I'm not so sure if chicks dig scars if they look like messy spaghetti sauce all over your face.

Jan 20, 2009 at 9:01 AM Post #26 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by olblueyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A dermatologist will apply Vaseline to the wound and recommend you stay away from things like Neosporin.

Vaccariello advises treating cuts with Neosporin and covering with a band-aid for a week. Then continue to dab the wound with Vaseline or something similar and keep covered until new skin begins to grow.

I'm a little confused here. Should I listen to the dermatologist? Or the article?

I've already bought a tube of polysporin and applied it (the pharmacy didn't have neosporin). Was that a mistake? :S

Jan 20, 2009 at 9:17 AM Post #27 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by cvince /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm a little confused here. Should I listen to the dermatologist? Or the article?

I've already bought a tube of polysporin and applied it (the pharmacy didn't have neosporin). Was that a mistake? :S

Had tissue removed twice and both times the Dermatologist slapped some Vaseline on it. She also gave me a paper with instructions and it said no Neosporin and to use some Vaseline. I don't think a bandage is so important as long as you keep a layer of Vaseline on it. I would assume not using the stuff from the drug store is to prevent the natural healing process from changing. I have also noticed Neosporin causes the wound to scab over quickly. She took a large piece of tissue off my eyelid and I used Vaseline and there is no scar now. Let it dry up and it will hurt and it will heal funky and leave scarring. I think the main point is Vaseline will stay on your skin for along time and the other stuff is absorbed quicker and will dry out.

Jan 20, 2009 at 9:25 AM Post #28 of 36
scarface-photo-scarface-6229381.jpg

Couldn't resist.

First, I'd check with a doctor for advice. Hopefully, it's nothing too serious.

I had a bunch of cuts on my hands, arms and face from a car accident a few years back. Got checked out at the hospital afterwards and the doc told me just to keep them clean, not pick scabs, and the rest of the usual advice. So that's what I did and everything healed up just fine. With any luck, the same will happen for you.

Jan 20, 2009 at 10:53 AM Post #30 of 36
13217d1232441551-how-heal-scraped-face-scars.jpg

I beg to differ. This thread is MUCH WORSE with pictures.
tongue_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back