How many songs do you have in your music library?
Jul 3, 2014 at 5:13 AM Post #571 of 615
Hi kenammo. If it would be possible to save a Winamp or (whatever player you use) electronic list of your music and upload it here, I'd be very happy. I'm actually into new age, ambient, ethnic music (and many other genres and styles) and I'm definitely looking for lossless variants of some of my rarest bands.

So if this is not too much to ask, I could be interested in at least knowing where I can get lossless files, if sharing some of yours is not possible. This is a request and I'm very sorry if it's too much to ask.

Jul 7, 2014 at 7:56 PM Post #572 of 615
  I just trimmed 15.5GB of music I never once gave a listen to on my computer. I'm trying to keep only the albums I listen to the most on my drive.. I'm now down to 4,965 songs, making it a total of 110.44GB of music. This is a mixture of AAC+, ALAC, and a few MP3 files.

Did some more trimming, now I am down to 4,895 songs with a total of 108.92GB of music. I kind of like this; makes finding albums and songs so much pleasant. :)

Jul 15, 2014 at 6:50 PM Post #573 of 615
3,855 tracks, 383 albums, 84.6GB of music. I've added a lot of jazz to my library this year. 

I also use Spotify, which helps me save some money on not buying too many CD's all at once. Helps me listen to things I like enough to listen to, but not enough to purchase. 

Jul 21, 2014 at 5:55 AM Post #577 of 615
Jul 22, 2014 at 8:24 PM Post #579 of 615
I would never measure the size of my music collection by songs, as I rarely ever listen to individual songs and prefer to listen to full "albums" .
This is probably due to being brought up in the '60s when music was music and artists rarely issued albums with just some top 10 hit,
and filler material, but whose album releases were often seen as conceptual releases and were listened to as such.
Personally, I can not stand top-10 and see no value nor relevance to crass commercialization and 'purchased' radio airplay.
Soooo... after all that I have roughly 3.125 Terrabytes of audiophile grade (WAV or Flac or 320kbps) music.                                                                                                                                                                                         

Jul 22, 2014 at 8:44 PM Post #580 of 615
I was born in the 60's, and earlier in my life I remember that many of my friends considered it to be uncool to listen to only a song or two from an album.  At the very least, you listened to an entire side of a record.  Even Greatest Hits compilations were viewed as being impure and not something a true fan would ever listen to over the original recordings.  I hold no such values with my music, but I distinctly recall this attitude.

Oct 19, 2014 at 11:28 AM Post #581 of 615
When I had my LPs, I had about 10,000 songs. Not all of them made it into my iTunes library. Only about 3,000 songs in my iTunes library.

Oct 19, 2014 at 11:29 AM Post #582 of 615
  I would never measure the size of my music collection by songs, as I rarely ever listen to individual songs and prefer to listen to full "albums" .
This is probably due to being brought up in the '60s when music was music and artists rarely issued albums with just some top 10 hit,
and filler material, but whose album releases were often seen as conceptual releases and were listened to as such.
Personally, I can not stand top-10 and see no value nor relevance to crass commercialization and 'purchased' radio airplay.
Soooo... after all that I have roughly 3.125 Terrabytes of audiophile grade (WAV or Flac or 320kbps) music.                                                                                                                                                                                         

I like albums, too. I miss the AOR (album-oriented rock) radio stations.

Oct 19, 2014 at 1:19 PM Post #584 of 615
  141,285 songs in Foobar, 58 weeks and 1 day total length. ..i had no idea i had that much
blink.gif

And then we had none.   ...really.   All i can say is learn from my mistake and make backups as it can all go away in an instant

Users who are viewing this thread

Back