How many people here get irritated by 'normals'?
Mar 5, 2009 at 9:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 220

m0ofassa

Banned
I find myself very irritable when it comes to idiocy, which I find in most people in that dreaded place "outside". Most people also annoy me quite frequently. I never get angry, because thats not the type of person I am, I just get irritated by so many people so easily to the point where I prefer the least possible contact. People breathing loudly when they eat, or even online with communities and reviewers. Call me a negative nancy all you like. Would elaborate, but I want to keep it short.

Mar 5, 2009 at 9:40 AM Post #3 of 220
Try to use your headphones as much as possible and look down a lot
biggrin.gif
What do you mean by norms?

Mar 5, 2009 at 9:40 AM Post #4 of 220
i get irritated by people who get irritated by such small daily things...u r living on earth with 6.5 billion+ people...

if u cant tolerate such stuff..think of countries where people have to tolerate terrorism, racism, communal violence etc etc.

ur problems are so silly compared to theirs.

i call them 'silly issues of the developed nations' ..u ll find such complains especially in singapore newspapers...very poor tolerance i wud say.

try to be more cool than you are..and listen to good uplifting music..whats the point of such expensive headphones u cant appreciate the world we live in.

Mar 5, 2009 at 9:50 AM Post #5 of 220
i find its little things that bother me far more than the big stuff, small little things that someone who should know better has done something blatantly stupid or inconsiderate.

its what happens when you live in one of the most tolerant and liberal places on earth, all the big things just arent problems so its the small things that just get under your skin and then you cant let go of them.

im really not very good at letting go of things

Mar 5, 2009 at 9:52 AM Post #6 of 220
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i get irritated by people who get irritated by such small daily things...u r living on earth with 6.5 billion+ people...

if u cant tolerate such stuff..think of countries where people have to tolerate terrorism, racism, communal violence etc etc.

ur problems are so silly compared to theirs.

i call them 'silly issues of the developed nations' ..u ll find such complains especially in singapore newspapers...very poor tolerance i wud say.

try to be more cool than you are..and listen to good uplifting music..whats the point of such expensive headphones u cant appreciate the world we live in.

a simple no would have been fine, rather than a semi-rant.
Anyway,
I'll go on the internet, for example, and read a thread. It's filled with trolls. That has become the norm- its no longer cool to be honest online (nor IRL). That's a pretty big deal if you ask me. I know the things that annoy me are small, but theyre so easy to fix on their behalf and are the result of them being lazy. Fanboys annoy me. People who arent open minded annoy me. It's mostly people younger than me by more than 3 years who annoy me too (so appologies to people who are older than 24 :p)
who says I dont care about other countries? Part of my pay cheque goes to amnesty international I just dont like to brag about it.
edit: normal people @ moriez. I think normal people are freaks.

Mar 5, 2009 at 9:53 AM Post #7 of 220
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
im really not very good at letting go of things

I can get over something in an instant, but I'm not really one to go and talk to someone on the bus. ATM i use public transport a lot (>5 hours a day mon-fri) so I have a lot of time to look at people. I just find some of them annoying. I've seen a psychiatrist and apparently I am normal. I was put on zoloft at one point and gained weight so I got taken off because there was no improvement.
Just the other day I saw someone from high school take a photo of a crying girl and laughing. That annoyed me.

Mar 5, 2009 at 10:04 AM Post #8 of 220
I don't get bothered much. I might get very angry, but will often forget about it within a couple of hours at most.

There are people who annoys me greatly (I won't say as it would breach head-fi rules), but I tend to just ignore them.

Mar 5, 2009 at 10:53 AM Post #11 of 220
The OP reminds me of me when I was that age. Get some years on you, get some perspective, get out there work hard, pay bills, raise kids, etc, etc, etc, and it will all seem a bit different.

If someone ticks me off, I repeat this "mantra": That's OK, I'll be over this tomorrow, and he/she/it will still be an a## hole

Laz

Mar 5, 2009 at 11:30 AM Post #14 of 220
Yea OK, people suck. We are stupid, say and do dumb things. We are jerks, say and do mean things. Et cetera. Not news, really. Some people piss you off, you piss some people off. Ditto for me. And everyone else. Welcome to the human conditions. It's not going to change. So? You could bitch about it, but that doesn't seem to do much good. You get "bullied." You could deal with it, but that's too hard, isn't it? So opt out. Move. Change your life to avoid people who annoy you. Off yourself. Whatever. Me? I joined academia. I find social interaction stressful and people annoying, so I became a scientist. I interact closely with relatively few people, and most of my other interactions involve me talking at (e.g., lecturing, debriefing) others. I go to the staff club for coffee during down time. I wear closed headphones. And I remind myself that I'm as stupid and obnoxious and annoying as everyone else on the Internet. Helps me deal.

Mar 5, 2009 at 11:35 AM Post #15 of 220
Rachel Ray irritates me though...not to mention she's a terrible chef.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back