how does head-fi clean their ears?
Jan 9, 2011 at 4:35 AM Post #16 of 56
I just use a 9mm gun, my ears are so clean after than. but in all seriousness, Q-tips and the occasional paper clip to scrape some dry skin off the walls of my ears.

Jan 9, 2011 at 5:11 AM Post #18 of 56
I suggest the 9mm, keeps um nice and clean, also good for irrigating them lol, Oh also ima fly to Australia and steal your ath...what look like ad2000, I wants them lol.

Jan 14, 2011 at 10:23 AM Post #20 of 56

Quote:
I just use a 9mm gun, my ears are so clean after than. but in all seriousness, Q-tips and the occasional paper clip to scrape some dry skin off the walls of my ears.

or you could use the munitio teknines...9mm dynamic drivers if I remember correctly

Jan 14, 2011 at 3:20 PM Post #21 of 56
Just heat up the end of a spoon, fork, utensil etc. And stick it in if you feel a burning sensation it worked. 
mad.gif

Jan 14, 2011 at 5:31 PM Post #22 of 56

Quote:
Just heat up the end of a spoon, fork, utensil etc. And stick it in if you feel a burning sensation it worked. 
mad.gif

damn....sounds like torture to me...no pain no gain...

Jan 14, 2011 at 6:06 PM Post #23 of 56
According to my audiologist, Q-Tips can be very damaging, I have been using his recommendation for years and it makes perfect sense.

Lay on one side and fill one ear up to the top with 3% hydrogen peroxide for 5 minutes. You will hear a barrage of snap,crackle, and popping. When the popping stops, you'll know that all of the wax has lifted of of the ear parts. Turn over with a cotton ball in the ear and absorb all of the peroxide and associate nasty critters. It is what we use on all dive boats to remove all of the sea critters and extraneous sea water. you be amazed how much crap comes out and how much better your music will sound. 
turn over and repeat with other ear.

Warning, make sure not to get any on your shirt or couches/beds, otherwise you will get the same results of bleach or battery acid on your precious Armani Exchange clothes that you saved so hard for. It's a bleach, which is why Marilyn Monroe used it regularly to make her black pubes into blonde ones (she didn't wear underwear andtheblac pubs would be adead give-away0.

Once a week does the trick, and definitely before meets. It is harmless to your ears and much safer and more effective than Q-Tips.

Jan 14, 2011 at 6:21 PM Post #24 of 56
This. Also, Q-tip after every shower just to remove whatever soap/ loose wax that might be there.

Quote:
According to my audiologist, Q-Tips can be very damaging, I have been using his recommendation for years and it makes perfect sense.

Lay on one side and fill one ear up to the top with 3% hydrogen peroxide for 5 minutes. You will hear a barrage of snap,crackle, and popping. When the popping stops, you'll know that all of the wax has lifted of of the ear parts. Turn over with a cotton ball in the ear and absorb all of the peroxide and associate nasty critters. It is what we use on all dive boats to remove all of the sea critters and extraneous sea water. you be amazed how much crap comes out and how much better your music will sound. 

Warning, make sure not to get any on your shirt or couches/beds, otherwise you will get the same results of bleach or battery acid on your precious Armani Exchange clothes that you saved so hard for. It's a bleach, which is why Marilyn Monroe used it regularly to make her black pubes into blonde ones.

Once a week does the trick, and definitely before meets. It is harmless to your ears and much safer and more effective than Q-Tips.

Jan 14, 2011 at 6:32 PM Post #25 of 56

Quote:
This. Also, Q-tip after every shower just to remove whatever soap/ loose wax that might be there.

Quote:

Warning, make sure not to get any on your shirt or couches/beds, otherwise you will get the same results of bleach or battery acid on your precious Armani Exchange clothes that you saved so hard for. It's a bleach, which is why Marilyn Monroe used it regularly to make her black pubes into blonde ones.

"It's a bleach, which is why Marilyn Monroe used it regularly to make her black pubes into blonde ones." 0_o....creepy

Jan 14, 2011 at 10:55 PM Post #27 of 56
Jan 14, 2011 at 11:57 PM Post #30 of 56
They didn't really have Preference by L'Oreal in Marilyn's days, just Clairol, and it was written in Marilyn's maid's memoirs that Marilyn loved wearing white dresses (as in the famous one over the subway grate), and since she was a fake blonde and didn't wear underwear, she had to peroxide her Central America region, so the darkness wouldn't show through her dresses, to match her North American region.

Anyway, for the older gentlemen, a little rubber restorer should do the trick:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back