how does head-fi clean their ears?
Jan 7, 2011 at 7:29 PM Post #2 of 56
I usually get one of things they call q-tips I insert and the began to twist this dislodges whatever is blocking my ears. I repeat this about 2 to 3 times and then I walking around with the ability to hear owls heart beats. Welcome to head-fi.

Jan 7, 2011 at 7:40 PM Post #3 of 56
Oh, not to be racist or anything, but I'm Asian and according to Wikipedia, Asian people tend to have dry and harder earwax, and caucasians and people of the African persuasion have waxier and more oily earwax. Forgot about hispanic people though.

Jan 7, 2011 at 7:42 PM Post #4 of 56
Jan 7, 2011 at 7:46 PM Post #5 of 56
I use these...

Jan 7, 2011 at 7:48 PM Post #6 of 56
Oh wait...wrong one...I meant these...

Jan 7, 2011 at 8:04 PM Post #7 of 56
Ha! funny you should mention those were my beginners I have now since switched to these they come with x-ray vision, and scanning devices, oh and police radar/scanner with a heads up display. 
Oakley-Lance-Armstrong3.jpg

Jan 7, 2011 at 10:01 PM Post #8 of 56
Q-Tips and a mimikaki tool.

For whatever reason, the dry, flaky wax runs in my family. We're all of western and northern European extract - I don't know how I picked up the gene. But bless the Japanese for their fine mimikaki tools. Love 'em.

And before anyone starts harping about pushing plugs deeper in, you cannot do that if you don't have a plug to begin with. I keep my ears clean and get no complaints from the doctor. I still hear 20kHz test tones at 38, as well.

Jan 8, 2011 at 6:50 PM Post #9 of 56
My son had a big, hard piece of wax that got lodged in pretty far - far enough where it bugged him.  His doctor had us put some hydrogen peroxide in the ear 1x per day for 3-4 days.  It dissolved the wax and eventually washed it within safe Q-Tip reach.  Man, that chunk was still pretty big even after 4 floodings with peroxide!!

Jan 8, 2011 at 8:00 PM Post #10 of 56
I use hydrogen peroxide, Q-tips, and one of those blue rubber things with the bulb and stem (I have no idea what the name is) to flush everything out with water afterward. Unfortunately, it seems as though I should have cleaned my ears before beginning my headphone search. After a thorough cleaning two days in a row, all of a sudden I'm more sensitive to treble than I was beforehand. This was several months ago by now. I couldn't imagine it would make so much of a difference, and maybe it didn't and I'm just nuts.

Jan 8, 2011 at 11:07 PM Post #13 of 56
.22 caliber brass bore brush? Do you use bore cleaner or degreaser with that?

Jan 9, 2011 at 12:02 AM Post #14 of 56
My next door neighbor worships his power washer. Maybe he uses that to clean his ears, except that he blares his speakers at 6:00 AM on occasion, so on second thought I doubt he actually cleans his ears at all.

Jan 9, 2011 at 12:04 AM Post #15 of 56

Quote:
My next door neighbor worships his power washer. Maybe he uses that to clean his ears, except that he blares his speakers at 6:00 AM on occasion, so on second thought I doubt he actually cleans his ears at all.

maybe his wake up call is all he needs for good ear hygiene 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back