How come I can't find any mention of Betron?
Jun 14, 2016 at 4:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Napalmhardcore

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,

On and off I have looked at earphones on Amazon.co.uk. The majority of models (including those recommended by headphone reviewers) receive very mixed or mediocre reviews. The brand that stands out is Betron. Loads of sales and thousands of overwhelmingly positive reviews.

How come a brand that receives positive reviews from the vast majority of people on pretty much every product they sell isn't even acknowledged as existing by forums or professional/semi-professional reviewers?

If I've not heard of a brand and can find no info on their products from a reputable source, it makes me reluctant to purchase their products, so I've never bought a pair. Seeing this mystery brand every time I browse headphones but not being able to find any info about them has been driving me mad, so I decided to post here. Anyone know why they are never mentioned despite their apparent popularity?

Aug 18, 2016 at 9:25 PM Post #3 of 8
I had a look and did some digging, which was quite fun. They, or rather the owner, sells cheap, re-branded OEM products from China (as do many other people) at what is probably a minimal profit. Since the owner operates out of a small store (actually a money changer) on a main road, and almost all his products are sold through Amazon Prime, he doesn't have to handle anything beyond mass-ordering OEM items from China with his company name stamped on them and have them directly shipped to the Amazon UK warehouses. 

https://www.endole.co.uk/company/07488207/betron-ltd -- Note the location and look it up.

He wont have done any marketing beyond sponsoring search spots on Amazon, so his products will have completely bypassed the press entirely. On Head-Fi, cheap Chinese IEMs are all discussed in a large, dedicated thread.  Anything that is a clear marked-up OEM re-brand wont gain much of a mention here most of the time.

Aug 18, 2016 at 11:36 PM Post #4 of 8
  I had a look and did some digging, which was quite fun. They, or rather the owner, sells cheap, re-branded OEM products from China (as do many other people) at what is probably a minimal profit. Since the owner operates out of a small store (actually a money changer) on a main road, and almost all his products are sold through Amazon Prime, he doesn't have to handle anything beyond mass-ordering OEM items from China with his company name stamped on them and have them directly shipped to the Amazon UK warehouses. 

https://www.endole.co.uk/company/07488207/betron-ltd -- Note the location and look it up.

He wont have done any marketing beyond sponsoring search spots on Amazon, so his products will have completely bypassed the press entirely. On Head-Fi, cheap Chinese IEMs are all discussed in a large, dedicated thread.  Anything that is a clear marked-up OEM re-brand wont gain much of a mention here most of the time.

Interesting. I've noticed more and more relatively cheap products being sold on Amazon with overwhelmingly positive reviews (better than many well established, reputable brands). Sometimes I'll see a product with many positive reviews and at a later time will be researching the same type of product and notice that either there are multiple listings for the same product, one with poor reviews and the other with extremely positive reviews or, the listing with positive reviews will have gone missing and an item that had many (hundreds) extremely positive reviews months before will now appear to have a handful (under a dozen total reviews) of mostly mediocre/negative reviews.

I'm suspicious that some companies have found a way to exploit the review system and Betron is one of them. Perhaps I'm wrong in this case and Betron just happens to have rebranded inexpensive earphones that offer exceptional value for money, but I cannot help but feel suspicious.

Apr 20, 2018 at 10:40 AM Post #7 of 8
Hi,

On and off I have looked at earphones on Amazon.co.uk. The majority of models (including those recommended by headphone reviewers) receive very mixed or mediocre reviews. The brand that stands out is Betron. Loads of sales and thousands of overwhelmingly positive reviews.

How come a brand that receives positive reviews from the vast majority of people on pretty much every product they sell isn't even acknowledged as existing by forums or professional/semi-professional reviewers?

If I've not heard of a brand and can find no info on their products from a reputable source, it makes me reluctant to purchase their products, so I've never bought a pair. Seeing this mystery brand every time I browse headphones but not being able to find any info about them has been driving me mad, so I decided to post here. Anyone know why they are never mentioned despite their apparent popularity?

Apr 20, 2018 at 10:52 AM Post #8 of 8
Yeah, i'm never on time to these things and i'ma newbie and wouldn't call myself an audiophile or even close. However, I do know of Amazons tactics. The best reply ( and maybe there were more ) I couldn't take it, was by
Currawong
Now i know this question was asked in 2016, so...I'm going to assume ( which I shouldn't) that the general public , or at least the inteligent ones HAVE KNOWN for a LONG TIME that these Amazon reviews are constructed and bought. Think about it, you said yourself, You nor anyone you know, nor anywhere on the internet can you find any mention of these Betron IEM's. Firstly, I WOULD NOT think, "wow, these must be great, and why don't people on head-fi know this super awesome secret 10$ pair". In fact, the opposite, I've read enough on here to know that if they were worth 1/2 the 10$ this guy was charging -the guys on here would know. Have you seen some of these names they have spotted and itdentified as great products? Aren't you wondering why Bose have a 3.2 score and something called Betron or better yet... something like this wouldn't have you thinking "wait a minute, could, WOULD AMAZON every do something like this? No..never..these are quality.
upload_2018-4-20_9-51-55.png
And maybe i'm tired and being a jerk, i'm just so sick of stupid questions, ha, AND I'M NEW HERE. DID I MENTION THAT YET? wow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back