How are Beats by Dr. Dre?
Jan 1, 2012 at 7:03 PM Post #16 of 36

Quote:
From the lack of mentioning of Beats by Dre on this forum, am I correct in assuming that they are not true audiophile-quality headphones like the HD 600s? Specifically, could someone point out why exactly they are bad? Thanks.

Good grief...

Jan 1, 2012 at 8:29 PM Post #17 of 36
I have these...
They don;t sound bad at all... But they also don't sound great either..
out of the box overpowering muddy bass... treble is present but a little lacking
after about 100 hours.. Bass isn't overpowering, treble opens up mids.. let's
just say they are present.. By no means are these exceptional headphones..
And most people think they suck.. They don't sound all that bad, but what makes
them sound bad is the $300 price tag they come with... for $300 you can get WAY
BETTER headphones.. I will say they are very comfortable though..

As a pro900 and M50 owner I will say this...
The pro900 eat beats and crap them out all day
The M50 eats the beats and spits them out..
But the bass on my beats isn't nearly as over-
powering as people claim.. after  about 100 hours
the bass toned down alot.. I was surprised.. Mids
aren't that great but I have decent treble.. But then
again I'm probably one of the few people who have
listened to the beats for 100+ hours on the site..

Jan 1, 2012 at 8:52 PM Post #20 of 36

Quote:
They are overpriced rubbish
get yourself a grado

Is there a reason why you keep bringing up Grado. They don't work for a lot of genre's.
The short natured of your sentences which seem to have nothing to do with the topic sometiems looks like you are justtrying to raise post count? It's not bad to go around posting opinions. but really short ones that are (almost/seem)out of context?

Jan 1, 2012 at 8:54 PM Post #21 of 36
After buying a pair of RED Solo HD Beats by Dre headphones for my brother for Christmas I came to a conclusion. Normally headphones are for listening to music, but the Beats are for wearing as fashion like a necklace or expensive watch. He didn't want them because he thought they sounded amazing. Yes he listens to his music with them, but they are mainly just accessories he wears. He loves them for what they are, and I am fine with that.

Jan 1, 2012 at 8:58 PM Post #22 of 36

Quote:
After buying a pair of RED Solo HD Beats by Dre headphones for my brother for Christmas I came to a conclusion. Normally headphones are for listening to music, but the Beats are for wearing as fashion like a necklace or expensive watch. He didn't want them because he thought they sounded amazing. Yes he listens to his music with them, but they are mainly just accessories he wears. He loves them for what they are, and I am fine with that.

have u seen the new Beat's fashion? You take them and wear them on ur head!..like on ur cranium. they are then parralel to the ground on ur cranium just above ur ears....love that fashion!

I can't belive u bought $200 for him. u sir..love ur bro

Jan 1, 2012 at 9:09 PM Post #23 of 36

Quote:
have u seen the new Beat's fashion? You take them and wear them on ur head!..like on ur cranium. they are then parralel to the ground on ur cranium just above ur ears....love that fashion!

I can't belive u bought $200 for him. u sir..love ur bro

I have seen pics of athletes and celebs doing that, but I haven't seen any person do it in "real life" yet. 

Jan 1, 2012 at 9:31 PM Post #25 of 36

Quote:
The short natured of your sentences which seem to have nothing to do with the topic sometiems looks like you are justtrying to raise post count?

I don't know if you are in a position to say that
biggrin.gif

I see much more post from bowei006 than post from Steelbite,lol.

Jan 1, 2012 at 9:40 PM Post #26 of 36
You say the most ridiculous things.. Just registered today
I entitled to my own opinion up to you to like it or not i dont care.
I use an eq and got  the best results with an sr125 

Jan 1, 2012 at 9:53 PM Post #27 of 36

Quote:

I don't know if you are in a position to say that
biggrin.gif

I see much more post from bowei006 than post from Steelbite,lol.

I just didn't like the 3 or 4 get grado comments on the new threads. I don't think i do that. i belive all the comments i posted are good and do with the subject. im jsut a very fast typer

Jan 1, 2012 at 10:01 PM Post #29 of 36
As everyone else mentioned the beats are overpriced. I have the ATH-M50 and love them with bassy music, they are comfy and really durable. also checkout the DT770 pro, Ultrasone or Denons, the Brainwanz HM5. and plenty more. 

Quote:
This guy is getting on my nerves. Can he be blocked already? I'm afraid to follow the link he's given on every Beats or Skullcandy thread.

Very informative Wikipedia article about .tk domains. 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.tk

If you don't trust this link (lol). Here is a synopsis -

-  .tk is the Internet country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for Tokelau, a territory of New Zealand located in the South Pacific.

-  Tokelau allows any individual to register domain names. Users and small businesses may register up to 3 domain names free of charge 

-   In 2006, McAfee conducted a survey in which they claim out of the 95 percent most trafficked web sites, .tk domains were twice as likely as the global average to be used for "unwanted behaviors", including scams such as phishing and spam.

Research By The Anti Phishing Working Group

The report blamed Tokelau's bad reputation on a Dutch company called Dot TK, which bought the top level domain, and which hands out domain registrations for free. Users and criminals have flocked to the free .tk domain, according to the research, and now Tokelau, which has 1500 residents, is home to more than 4 million registered domains.

Jan 1, 2012 at 10:22 PM Post #30 of 36
I was all set to listen to a pair at Staples, they had two kinds there to be demo'd. Unfortunately, one end of the Over the Ear build ones were almost completely stripped bare, and the in-ears (yuck..in ear display) were missing the little ball parts you actually put in your ears. I don't know if that is because of shoddy build quality, or people just like breaking those things. The Sony and Skullcandy that were present were in fine condition. The skullcandies sounded V shaped to me, but the $150 pair of Sonys were actually kind of nice.

I was sad I didn't get a chance to listen to the Beats, but it looks like they were literally torn apart. Go figure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back