How about a pic of your stereo/home theater rig?
Apr 7, 2004 at 7:11 PM Post #106 of 207
Quote:

Originally posted by davidmiya
I think the beer is a nice touch! Great setup though. Btw, does "Rcube" stand for Rubik's Cube? (I couldn't help but ask)

hehe thanx!
biggrin.gif

rcube is short for ricecube...rice made into the shape of a cube.
tongue.gif

Apr 7, 2004 at 7:43 PM Post #107 of 207
Hey Pabbi1, You need to work on that speaker location. See Gophers pics to see how its done correctly.

Good Job on the set-up Gopher, 99-100 people dont get it right. BTW, I'm a Dyn guy myself
wink.gif

Apr 7, 2004 at 8:50 PM Post #108 of 207
Latest additions to the home theater rig:
A NAD T163 7.1 Digital PreAmp/Tuner & NAD T973 7 channel power amp (NOTE: I have removed that IR from the front and am using the remote in with a 1/8" cable)

NADT163_973.jpg

Apr 7, 2004 at 9:32 PM Post #110 of 207
Hey Gopher do the TV or equipment stands have any effect on the imaging? Im going to redo my setup and Im limited by space.

Apr 7, 2004 at 9:37 PM Post #111 of 207
I haven't found them to, though if I had the option it would just be my rack there. My speakers are forward of the rack a bit, not to the sides (might be hard to gauge depth in the picture).

If reflection becomes a problem you can throw a towel over the television/stand when it is use.

Next year I plan to lease a 2 bedroom apartment while at school to make a designated listening room. Looking forward to that... it'll be smaller (9 X 12) but it'll have 4 walls and I can play around with affordable acoustic treatments
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 7, 2004 at 10:20 PM Post #112 of 207
I know, I know, but I lost the battle for a media room, and the system sits unused most of the year. Hence my move to Head-fi... :)

Actually, It's better than it looks, since my chair is diagonal across the room. Let's just say my wife doesn't get audio configuration, so it's strictly form over substance. The only use, really, is at Christmas for Nat, and the Chipmonks, and sports talk radio otherwise.

Apr 12, 2004 at 6:48 AM Post #113 of 207
here's a collage i did for my website:
StudioBackground.jpg

the monitors would be NHTPro A-20 + B-20's (with proprietary amps), and big 300lb/each Urei mains amp'd with a Hafler p7000 1000watt amp. only half the stuff can be seen on this picture. the mixer shown near the bottom is housed on a custom all-wood 5-rackspace WIDE desk. it's huge.

a full equipment list can be accessed through my website.

May 25, 2004 at 4:37 PM Post #116 of 207
OK Folks, Lisa asked me to include the images here in the archives we've been constructing for these threads in each of the forums, so I have obliged. I've managed to save most of the pics but some are already missing. If the people who have missing pics would like to repost them I'll try to get them up too. Just let me know when you repost..
wink.gif

Enjoy!
smily_headphones1.gif

May 25, 2004 at 6:17 PM Post #117 of 207
Nice job on all of your image galleries Ipod Studio. There are a lot of really cool setups in the system section. I also think there are a lot of nice ideas for people like me who can't come up with their own setup. Thanks for all of the work you have put into your galleries
smily_headphones1.gif

May 25, 2004 at 6:29 PM Post #118 of 207
Quote:

Originally Posted by meat01
Nice job on all of your image galleries Ipod Studio. There are a lot of really cool setups in the system section. I also think there are a lot of nice ideas for people like me who can't come up with their own setup. Thanks for all of the work you have put into your galleries
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks meat01, I appreciate it! When I know you're all finding them useful it makes it all worth while!!
winkphones.gif

May 25, 2004 at 7:59 PM Post #119 of 207
here is the home theater I built in my basement, notice i did not have much room to play with. but im happy and most of the stuff like the bose and cv sub was sitting in my closet so..

list
40' sony wega xbr trinatron high def kv40xbr800
onkyo 601 receiver, true 6 channels of sound
onkyo dv-701 6 dvd/disc changer
bose acoustmass 12
bose center channel
bose surronds
cerwen vega 15' 500 watt sub
monster power hti-1000?
150feet monster cable xp speaker
over $600 in interconnect monster cable's
$4000 leather "L" couch with heated mesagers and cup holders.

home_theater_1_005.jpg

ht1_001.jpg

the pics are really old but I cleaned it up alot since then, in the first pic I was actually installing it.I dont watch many movies so I think i used it maybe 5 times.

if someone has a place to host ill take newer pics if you care to see. I wish I had more room to play with but living in the city thats not much of a option

my headphone rig is in my room

Users who are viewing this thread

Back