Holo Audio Bliss
Feb 17, 2024 at 11:24 AM Post #3,181 of 3,298
A friend came over and brought Bliss. Finally able to test this amp!

It sounds neutral with some hint of warmness. I was a bit surprised that actually Bliss was a little darker sounding than Cen Grand Silver Fox on treble area. Both amp perform bass in very well manner, punchy, dense, and tight.

Vocal on Bliss is more "linear" sounding, while Silver Fox perform a little more "melodic" in this regard. Silver Fox definitely has more pronounce Vocal, with a bit more forward than Bliss. With Bliss I felt Vocal is more in line with the rest of instrument, while with Silver Fox the Singer take one step closer to me.

Soundstage both amp also perform well, wide, spacious, nice depth perception. Silver Fox being airier and more spacious, with separation between instrument also has more "room". Bliss still doing great in this section though, nothing to complain.

Somehow Bliss a little reminds me how Ferrum Oor/Hypsos sound, but Bliss doing it with bigger soundstage and more laidback Midrange.

Feb 24, 2024 at 6:27 PM Post #3,182 of 3,298
Exactly the same thing happened to me (and the reason I wanted to comment here). I couldn't believe and understand as to me the difference was laughably obvious. Like listening to dacs between different brackets or something. I felt like an idiot as I've been commenting all over the place how good May+Bliss is and I've been listening only a shadow of that setup :)

Bottlenecks, bottlenecks...

Are you talking about the ones that are $650 each?

Happy to see this post. New on this forum, but reading since years. I relocated from Europe in DFW, TX 5 years ago.

I have a high-end system :
Aurender N-150 (or Moon 260d cd transport) -> dh labs mirage usb -> mscaler -> 2x silver audio dragons bnc -> Hugo TT2 -> Cardas Golden Ref. xlr -> mcintosh C2700 -> Mogami 2549 xlr (5 meters) -> Coda 16 -> Cardas Golden Ref. -> Magnepan 20.7.

Whatever I do to change the quality upstream , before the preamp, I cannot hear any difference:
  • No difference between the streamer and the cd transport
  • No difference switching form a usb cable 100$ to 1000$
  • No difference if the mscaler is in or out, and no difference between all processing levels
I can only hear differences if I change something drastically : I could hear a change when I changed my cartridge on my Rega p6 turntable, or when I changed the streamer a few times ago. I could hear a change replacing my preamp or my amp. But subtile changes, I cannot hear them at all , and I used to in the past before having this new set-up and cables (I started from scratch a few years ago after moving here in DFW, TX from Europe). Whatever cable it was, power, xlr, usb…I have beend convinced after several experiences years ago along my journey in the hifi world , listening, experiencing, replacing, upgrading from very low budgets to high end gears and cables…

I was thinking about it since months, and realized that all my cables, gears…..are high-end except this pair of Mogami 2549 XLR
I started to think that maybe these Mogami are good enough, electrically speaking , to just connect the components and let “big” changes be heard, but not subtile ones such as better timing or better transparency or whatever that make subtile changes emotionally perceived.

I discussed with thecablecompany and Cardas last week and they confirmed Mogami are probably if not certainly the bottleneck.
As such I ordered a pair on Cardas Iridium XLR in 5m, as Cardas said their emtry-mid line of product will be definitely better (similar to Venom for Shunyata).

I have to wait 3 weeks but seeing this post I am full of hope, as I thought I lost my good hears/hearings in the relocation from Europe to USA.
I will keep you updated…..

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2024 at 9:36 PM Post #3,183 of 3,298
Happy to see this post. New on this forum, but reading since years. I relocated from Europe in DFW, TX 5 years ago.

Aurender N-150 (or Moon 260d cd transport) -> dh labs mirage usb -> mscaler -> 2x silver audio dragons bnc -> Hugo TT2 -> Cardas Golden Ref. xlr -> mcintosh C2700 -> Mogami 2549 xlr (5 meters) -> Coda 16 -> Cardas Golden Ref. -> Magnepan 20.7.

Whatever I do to change the quality upstream , before the preamp, I cannot hear any difference:
  • No difference if the mscaler is in or out, and no difference between all processing levels
I can only hear differences if I change something drastically : I could hear a change when I changed my cartridge on my Rega p6 turntable, or when I changed the streamer a few times ago. I could hear a change replacing my preamp or my amp. But subtile changes, I cannot hear them at all , and I used to in the past before having this new set-up and cables (I started from scratch a few years ago after moving here in DFW, TX from Europe). Whatever cable it was, power, xlr, usb…I have beend convinced after several experiences years ago along my journey in the hifi world , listening, experiencing, replacing, upgrading from very low budgets to high end gears and cables…

I was thinking about it since months, and realized that all my cables, gears…..are high-end except this pair of Mogami 2549 XLR
I started to think that maybe these Mogami are good enough, electrically speaking , to just connect the components and let “big” changes be heard, but not subtile ones such as better timing or better transparency or whatever that make subtile changes emotionally perceived.

I discussed with thecablecompany and Cardas last week and they confirmed Mogami are probably if not certainly the bottleneck.
As such I ordered a pair on Cardas Iridium XLR in 5m, as Cardas said their emtry-mid line of product will be definitely better (similar to Venom for Shunyata).

I have to wait 3 weeks but seeing this post I am full of hope, as I thought I lost my good hears/hearings in the relocation from Europe to USA.

Mogami 2549 is literally the best interconnect you could get. It has the lowest capacitance, or RLC spec of any interconnect cable out there, especially botique cables

Please don't tell me you went to Cardas who wrongly & intentionally stated that Mogami is the bottleneck, so they could sell you another Cardas 🤦

Feb 25, 2024 at 12:23 AM Post #3,184 of 3,298
Mogami 2549 is literally the best interconnect you could get. It has the lowest capacitance, or RLC spec of any interconnect cable out there, especially botique cables

Please don't tell me you went to Cardas who wrongly & intentionally stated that Mogami is the bottleneck, so they could sell you another Cardas 🤦
Fwiw I actually measured the AudioQuest interconnects as slightly lower capacitance than the 2549s I have here. That was their red river anyway which is pretty affordable.

Both very low though

Feb 25, 2024 at 3:02 AM Post #3,185 of 3,298
Fwiw I actually measured the AudioQuest interconnects as slightly lower capacitance than the 2549s I have here. That was their red river anyway which is pretty affordable.

Both very low though

It measured less than 11pF/m cond-cond? The price difference between a WBC Mogami W2549 and the Red River is still quite large.

Feb 25, 2024 at 2:49 PM Post #3,186 of 3,298

To me the effect was that music sounded more open, less flat (similar to hi-res vs redbook). That was most obvious in bass region, which got a lot of clarity, like it suddenly had more space to present itself. However, you have completely different setup and different cable incoming, so this is very much just an anecdote. But yeah, if you can't hear a difference if mscaler is in or out, you definitely have a bottleneck after it.

However, I don't have much experience in speaker systems, so I have no idea if your setup is at the level in which interconnects start to make a difference. I had tried 1000€ Chord Company RCA in the past as I got those very cheap second hand (no monetary risk to play aroud) and I heard absolutely no difference in HD800, Graham Slee ULDE and Qutest setup back then. May -> Bliss -> Utopia was my first setup in which I heard a difference in interconnects and high-res vs. redbook (ie. pretty much TOTL in the headphone world). Checked the price tags of your system, so my setup is somewhat affordable in comparison, but still. I've understood that it's much more expensive and difficult (room treatment etc) to reach the same refinement level.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2024 at 11:33 PM Post #3,188 of 3,298
I am shocked at how loud I have been listening.
I got a DB measuring device and measured how golden sound recommend.
I have been listening to 95-100DB!!
No wonder I have tinnitus and felt like my Bliss didn't have enough juice.
Now I'm at -5 with Holo Bliss with single-ended from Chord Dave, M scaler which measures around 75-78..

Feb 27, 2024 at 11:34 PM Post #3,189 of 3,298
I am shocked at how loud I have been listening.
I got a DB measuring device and measured how golden sound recommend.
I have been listening to 95-100DB!!
No wonder I have tinnitus and felt like my Bliss didn't have enough juice.
Now I'm at -5 with Holo Bliss with single-ended from Chord Dave, M scaler which measures around 75-78..
Wow…100dB is a lot. Ya 70-75 is safe. Better late than never. Take care.

Feb 27, 2024 at 11:48 PM Post #3,191 of 3,298
I know right, also I did find that my right ear has minor high frequency hearing loss (hope it's not permanent).
Whoever listens over 0 gain on Bliss, I recommend them to check their db level because passing 0db measures an unsafe level.
Nah…It will come back. Give it some rest though.

Feb 27, 2024 at 11:54 PM Post #3,192 of 3,298
I know right, also I did find that my right ear has minor high frequency hearing loss (hope it's not permanent).
Whoever listens over 0 gain on Bliss, I recommend them to check their db level because passing 0db measures an unsafe level.
Depends on what headphones you’re talking about. I do think Susvara at 0 is on loud side, I don’t know about unsafe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back