HM-901
Jul 6, 2014 at 2:27 AM Post #2,851 of 3,522
So ... from what I gathered, this DAP has excellent SQ but questionable QC and software. This is really heart breaker to me, same goes to iBasso and Fiio.
My heart really wants to get this DAP but my brain totally disagree with my feeling. 
confused.gif

Jul 6, 2014 at 5:39 AM Post #2,852 of 3,522
Replacement arrived today.  Still picks up RF, particularly from Blackberry phones.  No random popping sounds though so that last one did have a problem.

With the volume turned down as far as it will go, should the 0 line up with the marker?  Doesn't on this one, can't remember what the first one lined up to.

Wow good that your replacement came in within 2 days! That's remarkably quick, or did you buy from a physical shop and it's replaced on the spot? If it's an e-tailer it is really exceptional service and you should recommend it to all of us!

Re the volume knob alignment, can you show how it looks on yours?

Jul 6, 2014 at 11:04 AM Post #2,856 of 3,522
This is a really weird request, but could one of you 901 owners take a picture of you wearing some jeans with the 901 in your front pocket!:xf_eek: :ksc75smile:
It will fit in a back pocket if the jeans are quite comfortable / baggy. But not in a front pocket, but honestly, not many DAPs are comfortable in a pants pocket...Tera, AK100, AK120 are ok. AK240 is too large, 901 worse and DX100 the worse.

Jul 6, 2014 at 11:11 AM Post #2,857 of 3,522
It will fit in a back pocket if the jeans are quite comfortable / baggy. But not in a front pocket, but honestly, not many DAPs are comfortable in a pants pocket...Tera, AK100, AK120 are ok. AK240 is too large, 901 worse and DX100 the worse.

Well ak240 isn't that bad if you don't use the leather case.  With the case on tho it feels pretty much like the hm901.  In fact I only find zx1 and maybe AK100 without case to make a big difference in comfort.  The HM901, AK240/w case, DX50/90 with case, DX100, X3/5, all felt pretty much the same (and to me acceptable) in jeans/pants's front pocket.  OTOH the Calyx M is too big to fit due to the combined size+thickness.  I can carry my Note2/3 in my front pocket as it's slim, but the M is just too thick.

Jul 6, 2014 at 11:15 AM Post #2,858 of 3,522
Well ak240 isn't that bad if you don't use the leather case.  With the case on tho it feels pretty much like the hm901.  In fact I only find zx1 and maybe AK100 without case to make a big difference in comfort.  The HM901, AK240/w case, DX50/90 with case, DX100, X3/5, all felt pretty much the same (and to me acceptable) in jeans/pants's front pocket.  OTOH the Calyx M is too big to fit due to the combined size+thickness.  I can carry my Note2/3 in my front pocket as it's slim, but the M is just too thick.
I'm not too comfortable with a 2.5k DAP in my pants pocket...and the Tera is still the best in that regard...unbreakable and very compact.

Jul 6, 2014 at 3:34 PM Post #2,862 of 3,522
  So ... from what I gathered, this DAP has excellent SQ but questionable QC and software. This is really heart breaker to me, same goes to iBasso and Fiio.
My heart really wants to get this DAP but my brain totally disagree with my feeling. 

Complaints about quality or built issues haven't been rampant in awhile save the recent RF issue. Software is, well, basic as hell. But no problems I know of at the moment with the latest firmware.

Customer service is excellent. Prompt replies and quick responses. Had an old battery replaced recently and due to the recent strict restrictions in china from carrying lithium batteries on planes, they had to try to send it to me in total four times. Each time sending it out within a day or two of receiving the unit and updating me every time. 

Also, I like how they improve themselves oevr time in albeit small ways. Example, I have seen 3 variations of batteries thus far. The second having a better wrapping compared to the first batch and the latest adding a little plastic tab at the top for easy removal when you need to charge via an external dock. 

Some companies could learn from this China company about service. *cough* Cheatlash cables *cough*

Jul 6, 2014 at 3:38 PM Post #2,863 of 3,522
Wow good that your replacement came in within 2 days! That's remarkably quick, or did you buy from a physical shop and it's replaced on the spot? If it's an e-tailer it is really exceptional service and you should recommend it to all of us!

Mine first batch replacement came within two days of them receiving the old unit as well. This was when they were in HK though. Currently they ship parts from China. Battery from there took about a week max though. I'm from Stinkapore. 

Jul 6, 2014 at 3:41 PM Post #2,864 of 3,522
  This is a really weird request, but could one of you 901 owners take a picture of you wearing some jeans with the 901 in your front pocket!
redface.gif
ksc75smile.gif

Size of the dap isn't gonna be the main issue even if you could fit a 901 into your jeans. It might fry your manhood, I assume you're male, if kept and used there for too long. Running on balance especially. 

Jul 6, 2014 at 6:14 PM Post #2,865 of 3,522

Due to the way Amazon supply for other companies, I had to just place an order for a second one, that's how it was so fast.

As for alignment, as I say if you turn it up to 8 the marker lines up perfectly there against the number 8.

I hope the RF problem isn't as bad on this unit, I'll find out tomorrow.  It's a particular concern because I listen on the train which means sitting next to other commuters all packing 1 or 2 mobile phones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back