Hisoundaudio Studio V 3rd Anniversary Edition Review
Dec 1, 2013 at 2:59 AM Post #766 of 1,483
  Hi Lee

I PM'd you dropbox link to 3 FLAC files so you can have a look.

And here's the screenshot you wanted .....

Click for a bigger image.

Thanks for the link to the firmware files.  The ones posted in that thread are a lot older though (and none state they are for the V3 - just the standard Studio).  Jack mentioned to me in an email that I should stick with the current one on my player - and to be honest, I'm getting accustomed to the 3 minute wait on boot.  The last thing I want to do is cause issues when the sonics are so good with what I have.

I may prune a few more albums from the current ones I have loaded - which will also speed things up.

To my knowledge the Studio BA and Dynamic firmware on that thread is the most current (stable) firmware available. I'm not sure if you are using the newest firmware (which I found to be too buggy to use). That is why I mentioned getting the firmware from there. I got my current firmware from that thread and had no issues loading it and reverting between the BA, Dynamic and even the newest one that Jack had provided me. Just I reverted back to the older one as it worked better. I could scroll down by just holding the button instead of having to press each time to scroll down to a particular song (very annoying....).

Anyways I checked the files you gave me. The only thing I can really think of is that you need to get rid of the dashes in your filenames. Such as 01 - Gloria. Instead make it like this 01 Gloria

That is how all my music is tagged. You can do this on the fly via mp3tag. I put the presets into my guide so you just enter them into the mp3tag tagging icons.

You can also configure mp3 tags buttons to do auto changes on the fly for you.

Under the "Tools" tab you'll notice 4 buttons with an arrow pointing to the right.

For the first one click it and copy and paste this: %track% %title%

Second one: % track% %title%

Once you input that you drag and drop an album to test with. Simply hilight the files and click on the first icon which will automatically take the track numbering and the title and combine them for your filename. You can also have all tracks that are listed as 1,2,3,4 automatically renamed to 01,02,03 as long as you have the files in order from 1,2,3 on the fly. I'm sure you have done that part from the looks of the files you provided me though. Other than that the only other thing I can possibly think is that you could have some weird characters in your song titles? Possibly very long song titles as well?

Let me know if that helps.

Dec 2, 2013 at 11:29 AM Post #767 of 1,483
How does the Studio V 3rd Anniversary do with headphones that require more power to run them? Most of the headphones I have are low impedence, such as the ATH-M50 and Sennheiser Amperior(and my various IEMs). I was looking at buying a "vintage" AKG 280 Parabolic and was wondering if the Studio V 3rd could power them adequately?

Dec 2, 2013 at 11:56 AM Post #768 of 1,483
The Studio is easily the most powerful DAP I have ever heard. 
it drives AH-D2000s and HD600s easily with room to spare.

Dec 3, 2013 at 7:47 PM Post #771 of 1,483
  To my knowledge the Studio BA and Dynamic firmware on that thread is the most current (stable) firmware available. I'm not sure if you are using the newest firmware (which I found to be too buggy to use). That is why I mentioned getting the firmware from there. I got my current firmware from that thread and had no issues loading it and reverting between the BA, Dynamic and even the newest one that Jack had provided me. Just I reverted back to the older one as it worked better. I could scroll down by just holding the button instead of having to press each time to scroll down to a particular song (very annoying....).

Hi Lee

Just finished 'updating' to the older firmware.  Boot time now just on 74 secs, and the dynamic scroll makes this much more usable.

So far no complaints.

Fantastic player now that the usability is back! 

Many thanks!

Dec 4, 2013 at 12:54 AM Post #772 of 1,483

Hi Lee

Just finished 'updating' to the older firmware.  Boot time now just on 74 secs, and the dynamic scroll makes this much more usable.

So far no complaints.

Fantastic player now that the usability is back! 

Many thanks!

Oh wow... So they did put the new firmware on there? Don't know why they'd do that? I would have sold my unit honestly with how the UI was working on the new firmware.... So the boot time was impacted as well. Hmm

74 seconds isn't too shabby compared to 3+ minutes. But I'd still be bitching loading at 20 seconds tops (I'm just impatient like that :wink:.

Dec 4, 2013 at 1:23 AM Post #773 of 1,483
When you think about it though - I think I have ~ 2300 tracks between card and internal memory (all FLAC).  You have ~ 700 WAV if I recall correctly.  So guessing that the difference in boot time may very likely be related to the number of tracks / files.

I really don't mind the reduced wait.  For the audio quality - it's worth it :)

Thanks again Lee

Dec 4, 2013 at 1:42 AM Post #774 of 1,483
  When you think about it though - I think I have ~ 2300 tracks between card and internal memory (all FLAC).  You have ~ 700 WAV if I recall correctly.  So guessing that the difference in boot time may very likely be related to the number of tracks / files.

I really don't mind the reduced wait.  For the audio quality - it's worth it :)

Thanks again Lee

No problem and you do have a point. The more tracks you have the longer it will take. But remember I said earlier I had 2,500 FLAC files on a 64 GB card at one point loaded into my Studio 3rd ANV and it took about 40 to 45 secs to boot :). So there is room for improvement just you'd have to figure out what is causing the longer load times. But it seems you are quite happy as is. Just FYI is all :).

Dec 4, 2013 at 1:51 AM Post #775 of 1,483
I'll keep tweaking 
wink.gif

I haven't gone through all my files yet to remove the dashes, and check for non-standard characters - so that might help long term as well. 

Dec 4, 2013 at 6:20 PM Post #776 of 1,483
  I'll keep tweaking 
wink.gif

I haven't gone through all my files yet to remove the dashes, and check for non-standard characters - so that might help long term as well. 

Might also help to not use the internal memory?? I have 2500 flac on external only and it takes about a minute to load...but for the extra 14 seconds it might not really matter that much...

Dec 10, 2013 at 11:43 AM Post #777 of 1,483
Well, I've jumped on board and picked up a 3RD ANV from a fellow head-fiers, just waiting for its safe journey into my arms. I'm hoping to pair it full time with my Rhapsodio hybrid and leave them married. My 2nd edition Studio will still be staying for full size headphones.

Dec 11, 2013 at 3:13 PM Post #778 of 1,483
Well, I've jumped on board and picked up a 3RD ANV from a fellow head-fiers, just waiting for its safe journey into my arms. I'm hoping to pair it full time with my Rhapsodio hybrid and leave them married. My 2nd edition Studio will still be staying for full size headphones.

Welcome aboard :)

Having been a hisound fellow to begin with, what made you finally cave and pick one up?

I had a Rocoo BA before my Studio 3rd...not sure what made me go with the 3rd, but I'm glad I'm here now.

Dec 11, 2013 at 9:04 PM Post #780 of 1,483
  Welcome aboard :)

Having been a hisound fellow to begin with, what made you finally cave and pick one up?

I had a Rocoo BA before my Studio 3rd...not sure what made me go with the 3rd, but I'm glad I'm here now.

I think a lot of curiosity and wanting to try and create a stable rig for my hyrbid IEM are the main reasons, plus owning the Rocco BA and 2nd Edition already Hisounds house sound is where I want to be. I've tried a few sources now which can be see on my profile and the Hisound players impressed me the most. They have superior detail, transparency and separation to all these other players, crisp clean tonality is right in my area,  they might not be perfect, for example I can hear bass-roll off on the Rocco BA personally with some low impedance pairings however it still draws me into the sound quality. I won't be selling any of them, because the BA has been discontinued and the price I picked up my 2nd Edition isn't worth moving it on.  

We're just hoping we've beaten the Christmas break for it to arrive, as we have roughly a 2 week time-frame. 

I'll be sure to report in once it arrives.

beerchug.gif

@~goodvibes, Yes, plenty of power I'm hoping  3RD Anv will be a little more forgiving in hiss for at least some of my sensitive pairings.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back